Download 2019

Steve1000

4 minutes ago, Reece1617 said:

? Download Festival Survey for 2019 Headliners: https://goo.gl/58Bz5Q 

Interesting to see some of the bands the festival is considering; Fall Out Boy, Blink 182 etc.

I guess those are the main/ only possibilities for next year's headliners then... Personally, I voted Slipknot, Tool and Foo Fighters, however, I would love most of the possibilities.

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I voted BMTH, Tool & Slipknot. 

I think we’ll get Rammstein, Slipknot & Def Leppard now. 

Def Leppard certainly sticks out, Rammstein they just won't miss out on if they are available. Slipknot should really wait a year but it's possible. I don't think you've a chance at Tool and BMTH are R&L for me.

34 minutes ago, seant007 said:

Why are def leppard such a high possibility?

It doesn't make sense to me why they are considered "definite" at this point

they are weak as hell live now tbf

Think it’s cos the poll asked which band people would like and listed “Def Leppard (Hysteria)”, which is oddly specific. Not personally convinced but if they get announced headlining June festivals around Download then they’ll be fair game.

Anyone else see Power Trip at Camden Underworld last night?? First time I've seen them live. Wow. That's what it must have felt like to see Metallica or Pantera or Slayer in a small venue before they became massive back in the 80s. Very exciting band. They would blow Download apart on a Friday or Saturday 7pm ish slot.

1 hour ago, stuartmlambert said:

Anyone else see Power Trip at Camden Underworld last night?? First time I've seen them live. Wow. That's what it must have felt like to see Metallica or Pantera or Slayer in a small venue before they became massive back in the 80s. Very exciting band. They would blow Download apart on a Friday or Saturday 7pm ish slot.

So jealous. I absolutely adore their album from last year. I think they are the perfect band to kick start a day on the main stage. 

Changed my prediction around. Shock. 

Rammstein / Ghost / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Cane Hill 

The Offspring / Alkaline Trio 

Beartooth 

Carcass 

Slipknot / Slayer (final UK show) / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Suicide Silence / Power Trip 

Don Broco / Motionless In White 

Dropkick Murphy’s 

Crossfaith 

Def Leppard (Hysteria in full) / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Alice In Chains / Clutch 

The Story So Far 

Children of Bodom 

A small part of me really wants to say BMTH still but Reading. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Any word from Maiden at the O2 tonight confirming, ahem, future plans?

Only thing that matters coming out of that tour is that Howard Jones joined Killswitch on stage and sang End of Heartache. 

Fingers crossed for a dual full show / tour with Jesse and Howard on vocals. 

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Only thing that matters coming out of that tour is that Howard Jones joined Killswitch on stage and sang End of Heartache. 

Fingers crossed for a dual full show / tour with Jesse and Howard on vocals. 

I don't think they would do that but they might have Light the Torch as special guests for a tour also Howard is on a feature on the new KSE album.

Thinking Rammstein are More likely than Def Leppard but Slipknot and BMTH seem like stronger picks -

Friday - Slipknot/ FFDP/ KSE

Sat - BMTH/ Deftones/ Architects

Sun - Iron Maiden (LOTB)/ Trivium/ LOG

Very metal addition compared to this year trivium might be stretch to Sub. but not compared as much to bands like Ghost or Alice Cooper .

Edited by seant007

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, dentalplan said:

Think it’s cos the poll asked which band people would like and listed “Def Leppard (Hysteria)”, which is oddly specific. Not personally convinced but if they get announced headlining June festivals around Download then they’ll be fair game.

Well Said and Sad But True.

Speaking of Def Leppard's Hysteria shout, wonder what they'll throw in on the side. If they're sticking to an eighty-minute show as they did on their last UK tour, they won't get much more than three or four other songs in.

Would wager it'll be longer without a co-headliner a la Whitesnake though. Something like...

1-12 Hysteria
13 When Love and Hate Collide
14 Foolin'
15 Two Steps Behind
16 Let's Get Rocked

17 Rock of Ages
18 Photograph

27 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Aside from Pearl Jam, that would be incredibly unimaginative. 

Maybe in your opinion but that’s just my personal choice. Each to their own and it’s very unlikely it’ll be those 3. 

Unlikely but Green Day would be a great fresh booking for Download. Spread some other bands of that ilk across the weekend. 

Green Day / The Offspring / Jimmy Eat World / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Against Me! / State Champs / SWMRS 

Ghost / Alestorm 

Beartooth 

Carcass 

Slipknot / Slayer / Architects / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Suicide Silence / Power Trip 

Alkaline Trio / Taking Back Sunday 

Dropkick Murphy’s 

Children of Bodom 

Def Leppard (Hysteria) / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Gojira / At The Gates 

New Found Glory 

Crossfaith 

• Like 1

I wouldn't read anything into Howard Jones appearing with KSE. He appeared with Jasta at Bloodstock too. Boy needs a full time band again. He's full of beans, much more so than when he was with KSE. As for seeing future greatness, after seeing GVF at Download I was blown away. At the weekend I saw Alien Weaponry. I'm even more blown away. They are totally amazing! Even more amazing is the lead singer is 16 and not only handling traveling half way across the world to play a big festival, but totally owning it. Check them out.