Download 2019

Steve1000

Nice. 

Hollywood Undead and Employed To Serve have just wrapped up their UK tours so I think they will be the two remaining Saturday Main Stage slots.

Saturday would look great like this (other than Hollywood Undead): 

Slipknot / Die Antwoord / Trivium / Behemoth / Hollywood Undead / Employed To Serve / Power Trip / Royal Republic 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Nice. 

Hollywood Undead and Employed To Serve have just wrapped up their UK tours so I think they will be the two remaining Saturday Main Stage slots.

Slipknot / Die Antwoord / Trivium / Behemoth / Hollywood Undead / Employed To Serve / Power Trip / Royal Republic 

Logical. Still hoping for Arch enemy to pop up with that Download/Nova Rock shaped hole in their touring schedule. I do wonder if there was a wait to see what was going on with Brexit before they could confirm some bands for Saturday, giving the major logistical problems ending free movement presents for bands.

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Nice. 

HU would make the day for me, and there's still a lot of bands I like.

Don Broco have a huge gap between 18th May - 30th June so they could probably do it.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Nice. 

Surely ETS aren't that big? Maybe I'm massively misjudging their size but that's the same slot that Hatebreed and Motionless In White played, surely they aren't even near that. Be much better in a tent anyway

Edited by Steve1000

19 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Surely ETS aren't that big? Maybe I'm massively misjudging their size but that's the same slot that Hatebreed and Motionless In White played, surely they aren't even near that. Be much better in a tent anyway

They aren't, they are playing low down on a small stage at Slam dunk.

Don Broco are big enough to potentially sub this festival but would more realistically headline second or play third down. They aren’t getting added. 

I put ETS and Power Trip the wrong way round. Hell, ETS could even play below Royal Republic and open the day. 

I’ve joked previously on this thread about them not putting any big bands up against Die Antwoord to clear the way for them to have the biggest crowd possible to justify the booking.

Now they’ve moved Skindred to main stage instead of clashing with them I’m starting to think I was right.

Smashing Pumpkins, in the same slot on Sunday, have Enter shikari in the tent and the last ever UK Slayer show to compete with.

Die Antwoord will now definitely  have a massive crowd 

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

I’ve joked previously on this thread about them not putting any big bands up against Die Antwoord to clear the way for them to have the biggest crowd possible to justify the booking.

Now they’ve moved Skindred to main stage instead of clashing with them I’m starting to think I was right.

Smashing Pumpkins, in the same slot on Sunday, have Enter shikari in the tent and the last ever UK Slayer show to compete with.

Die Antwoord will now definitely  have a massive crowd 

Pretty sure Halestorm will clash with Die Antwoord. Apparantly they won't clash with Slipknot. And last year on sat had 2nd stage headliner finish 10 mins before main stage headliner started.

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

Only going on the Sunday, when will we get setlist times? Would like to watch as much of shikari as possible before tool

In the past it has been a few days before. Don't know why they can't issue them earlier.

As I said in a previous post other festivals around the same time or later already have theirs up e.g. Hellfest and Rock Werchter and they are on in the weeks after Download.

If anyone is on Twitter could they ask Andy Copping what the story is. Maybe some gentle prodding will work!!

15 hours ago, Moey said:

anyone else got theirs yet? Devilman?

Nope. Two of our gang have, both with surnames starting with B but the rest haven't. Frontgate says mine's enroute. Reports from others in the campervan field that they have camping tickets arrived but not campervan. Early days yet.

10 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Thinking of getting a ticket for the Sunday, mates are going for the weekend, never been before

Would I be able to go into the campsite and back out again or not? I know they're more lenient on sundays at Leeds fest

Nope. Day tickets are for the arena only mate.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Thinking of getting a ticket for the Sunday, mates are going for the weekend, never been before

Would I be able to go into the campsite and back out again or not? I know they're more lenient on sundays at Leeds fest

You’ll be able to get into the campsite and stay over night no problem if that’s what you’re wanting to do. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You’ll be able to get into the campsite and stay over night no problem if that’s what you’re wanting to do. 

You can't with a Sunday day ticket.

21 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

You'd have to get a Weekend camping ticket if you want to stay over. Not worth the money for one night.

1 hour ago, strangerkings said:

You can't with a Sunday day ticket.

You'd have to get a Weekend camping ticket if you want to stay over. Not worth the money for one night.

Why not? My friend has a Saturday day ticket and walked into the campsite just fine and stayed over night. Plenty of people do it. I did it at Leeds last year. Nobody checks. 

• Downvote 1