Download 2019

Steve1000

1 hour ago, scrubbertheman said:

They only did the cashless wristband thing one year mate (thankfully).

Cash is still the preferred currency, or if you use Apple pay, or Google pay or whatever, they'll work at the bigger bars/stalls.

cheers, and good to hear

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

The last few bands are probably just going to be announced with the stage times. No idea who'll be on Saturday now. Papa Roach seemingly busy.

I’m thinking that it’s going Hollywood Undead on the Main Stage Saturday, unfortunately. 

On 5/4/2019 at 12:11 PM, Andre91 said:

I’m thinking that it’s going Hollywood Undead on the Main Stage Saturday, unfortunately. 

I know nowt of them beside Young so would likely be elsewhere (Yours Truly and Hot Milk :ph34r:).

6 weeks today until Pumpkins and Tool :wub:. Tool start their tour tonight and I reckon there's a chance of hearing a new song. 

For Pumpkins' set I'm gonna guess (dream, 2. - 4.):

1. Solara
  2. Zero
  3. The Everlasting Gaze
  4. Jellybelly
  5. Tonight, Tonight
  6. Drown
  7. Knights of Malta
  8. Today
  9. Disarm
  10. 1979
  11. Landslide (Fleetwood Mac Cover)
  12. Silvery Sometimes (Ghosts)
  13. Bullet With Butterfly Wings

I can't wait!

20 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I know nowt of them beside Young so would likely be elsewhere (Yours Truly and Hot Milk :ph34r:).

6 weeks today until Pumpkins and Tool :wub:. Tool start their tour tonight and I reckon there's a chance of hearing a new song. 

For Pumpkins' set I'm gonna guess (dream, 2. - 4.):

1. Solara
  2. Zero
  3. The Everlasting Gaze
  4. Jellybelly
  5. Tonight, Tonight
  6. Drown
  7. Knights of Malta
  8. Today
  9. Disarm
  10. 1979
  11. Landslide (Fleetwood Mac Cover)
  12. Silvery Sometimes (Ghosts)
  13. Bullet With Butterfly Wings

I can't wait!

Would be happy with that! I’ve been wondering if they’d be likely to mix it up and throw a few of their heavier numbers in there like X.Y.U and bodies.

New Tool. For years I never thought we'd see it. The Pot is back too, better be keeping that in for Download!

2 hours ago, Pisces Iscariot said:

Would be happy with that! I’ve been wondering if they’d be likely to mix it up and throw a few of their heavier numbers in there like X.Y.U and bodies.

Yeah, they're absolutely gonna throw a few curve-balls in, whether it's a cover or a deep cut. If Billy is rocking the Gish guitar then my vote is for Siva or Rhinoceros. 

Edited by JSmurphy

Some info nicked from Facebook:

South carpark is now day tickets only
West carpark is now campers (fucking massive hill good luck)

The village has moved closer to the arena, to where black camp was (only bit that effects campervan as village will now be further away)

No more green or white camp - merged into blue now

Nxt arena is now top of the field by the guest area

Metal movies late night movies in the media

Download reuseable metal bottle

They said slipknot are starting with a new style in their career with new masks

Enter Shikari said they wanted to headline third stage for the more enclosed atmosphere.(brilliant lads)

Alien weaponry bigged up massively told to get there early as they filled the tent and more at Australia

Plastic bottle machines give you voucher to use in CO OP like the do in Germany

1 hour ago, devilman said:

They said slipknot are starting with a new style in their career with new masks

That's the for the main set.

Then the encore:

20 years of their debut album, old masks:

Wait and Bleed
Eyeless
Surfacing
Spit It Out

:ph34r:

On 5/7/2019 at 11:58 AM, devilman said:

Some info nicked from Facebook:

Some more:

Slayer were initially scheduled to sub Tool, but AC convinced them to headline second stage instead. I'd wager in that case that Slayer won't be clashing with Tool, at least not all of them. You would think Slayer wouldn't have agreed to do the swap otherwise. 

Slipknot full endorsed Die Antwoord as their sub.

Pumpkins didn't initially accept the offer of second stage headliner but agreed to play second on main (hopefully bargained a longer set, Tool won't cross 100 minutes will they?). 

22 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Some more:

Slayer were initially scheduled to sub Tool, but AC convinced them to headline second stage instead. I'd wager in that case that Slayer won't be clashing with Tool, at least not all of them. You would think Slayer wouldn't have agreed to do the swap otherwise. 

Slipknot full endorsed Die Antwoord as their sub.

Pumpkins didn't initially accept the offer of second stage headliner but agreed to play second on main (hopefully bargained a longer set, Tool won't cross 100 minutes will they?). 

Slayer in to Slipknot, Pumpkins in to Tool, with Die Antwoord headlining second one night still makes the most sense to me but eh, what do I know? Surprised Pumpkins were considered second stage headliners initially as I thought it'd be pretty obvious they wouldn't accept that on this 'big reunion' of theirs, but then I also thought the same about Slayer on their big farewell.