Download 2019

Steve1000

40 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I actually think that the lineup is quite weak lower down this year. Yeah, the top is great with Slipknot, Trivium, Tool, LoG, Pumpkins, Slayer etc but lower down there’s a real dearth of quality for me. 

Yeah exact same for me.

also, are simple creatures releasing an album sharpish? Shitty booking imo. 

5 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah exact same for me.

also, are simple creatures releasing an album sharpish? Shitty booking imo. 

I would guess so as they’ve got two singles out. I think it’s a cool booking as it’ll be their first UK show (I assume) but headlining a stage seems a bit of a waste. Unless they are going to play a load of ATL and Blink songs I don’t see how they’re going to fill the slot. 

I wish so much that Enter Shikari were playing the Friday as that is by far the poorest day for me. There’s barely anything at all I want to see. Conjurer are the only band I really want to see and then I’d flit between At The Gates and Rob Zombie. 

Edited by Andre91

57 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wish so much that Enter Shikari were playing the Friday as that is by far the poorest day for me. There’s barely anything at all I want to see. Conjurer are the only band I really want to see and then I’d flit between At The Gates and Rob Zombie. 

That would have been so perfect. Friday I'm looking at Ground Culture, Conjurer, Blackberry Smoke, The Interrupters, Eagles of Death Metal, Rob Zombie and Def Leppard. 

Sunday is ridiculously stacked. Tool, The Smashing Pumpkins, Slayer, Lamb of God, Dream Theatre, Anthrax, Enter Shikari, Fever 333, Black Peaks. I mean come on.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Andre91 said:

Any grounds for Papa Roach? Code Orange look really likely seeing how they’re supporting Slipknot in Europe either side of Download weekend. 

They’re on tour in April so would make sense them being held back. Bloody hope so with Code Orange.

3 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

They’re on tour in April so would make sense them being held back. Bloody hope so with Code Orange.

Ooh ok. Papa Roach being added above Behemoth, perhaps? Fourth down seems a big slot for Behemoth whose biggest show is The Forum. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 7:45 PM, Andre91 said:

Really considering the Brum date after that little announcement! 

Not a fan of Rolo Tomassi but then again I've never seen them live so I'd give them a go. The other two are awesome. I'm getting a flying whales tattoo tomorrow! Won't be going to this though. Too much on this summer and it's too far. Why no scottish date? :( 

3 hours ago, devilman said:

Not a fan of Rolo Tomassi but then again I've never seen them live so I'd give them a go. The other two are awesome. I'm getting a flying whales tattoo tomorrow! Won't be going to this though. Too much on this summer and it's too far. Why no scottish date? :( 

Oooh that sounds like it’ll be a great tattoo! I’m in the same boat that I’ve got so much on this summe so far so it’ll be touch and go if I go or not. 

My usual download buddy looks like he’ll be bailing. I’m in the campervan field and was wondering if people on here have been at the campervan field on their own?

i know there is the camp loner site for pitching a tent, but haven’t heard of anything similar in the campervan section.