Download 2019

Steve1000

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

The Wonder Years as the final avalanche headliner? Would make sense then being held back and announced after their tour finishes.

Hmm. They’re on a co-headline tour with Mayday and they only subbed when they played the Avalanche last year so I’m not sure that TWY would headline. 

I’m going to guess Deaf Havana. They have a tour that wraps up the tail end of March so would make sense being held back. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Hmm. They’re on a co-headline tour with Mayday and they only subbed when they played the Avalanche last year so I’m not sure that TWY would headline. 

I’m going to guess Deaf Havana. They have a tour that wraps up the tail end of March so would make sense being held back. 

Oh didn’t realise that about Deaf Havana, yeah that makes more sense. Slam Dunk for both of them then? That lineup doesn’t have much in the way of modern pop punk yet.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Reece1617 said:

Any ideas on who might get added on Monday? Seems to only be about 20 or so slots left to fill. 

I reckon Vein will be, but that’s not much of a big deal. Maybe one of the Good Charlotte supports? 

I’m hoping for Fucked Up, they’ve finished their tour now and are around at the time, but I doubt I’ll get them.

EDIT: Killswitch on Saturday main?

Edited by Steve1000

6 hours ago, Reece1617 said:

Any ideas on who might get added on Monday? Seems to only be about 20 or so slots left to fill. 

Arch Enemy have some days free in their tour schedule so can see them doing Download and maybe a couple UK/Ireland dates alongside it.  Currently have dates up until 9th June then from 29th June onwards. Would guess 2nd stage lowish down. But other than that any US band at Nova Rock that weekend is a decent shout. Testament and Ministry I think are a maybe for the fri or sat. As currently they both start their European tour dates on the sun at nova rock. Logically you'd think they'd come a day or 2 earlier to do Download first.

Edited by Spiral_Low

30 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I actually think that the lineup is quite weak lower down this year. Yeah, the top is great with Slipknot, Trivium, Tool, LoG, Pumpkins, Slayer etc but lower down there’s a real dearth of quality for me. 

It's looked so much better in some previous years imo, 4/5 acts on the poster I'd bother with. I know it's not hugely my scene but i still had about 10 in 2016, less so last year.

Edited by thewayiam