Download 2019

Steve1000

15 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

They've not fallen out with Live Nation as majority of their UK tours have still been sponsored by them, they've just made it fairly clear to them they'd rather do their own shows or play R+L as the overall package is better. Think they were in talks to play DL in both 2015 and 2017 when they were over for summer fests but instead opted for their own shows. 

This makes me happy.

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

They've not fallen out with Live Nation as majority of their UK tours have still been sponsored by them, they've just made it fairly clear to them they'd rather do their own shows or play R+L as the overall package is better. Think they were in talks to play DL in both 2015 and 2017 when they were over for summer fests but instead opted for their own shows. 

Dunno about you but my wallet and schedule has reached saturation point with "own shows". It's not sustainable and it's showing in attendances now. It might have been a lucrative move for the initial break aways but all bands will suffer in the future and they'll have to start going back to festivals. It's our own fault I suppose for not voting with our feet when bands start charging silly amounts for tickets. We have obviously got too much money.

1 hour ago, devilman said:

Dunno about you but my wallet and schedule has reached saturation point with "own shows". It's not sustainable and it's showing in attendances now. It might have been a lucrative move for the initial break aways but all bands will suffer in the future and they'll have to start going back to festivals. It's our own fault I suppose for not voting with our feet when bands start charging silly amounts for tickets. We have obviously got too much money.

Yup, have largely decided against travelling for gigs now (apart from Rammstein) just stick to local ones and festivals.

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Deffo supports my theory of them being 3rd main stage. No way would they clash with Tool.

Where are Die Antwoord playing then if they're a 'logo' band, self confirmed for Sunday? Doubt they'd headline second against Tool.

More likely Dream Theater are headlining second, or Die Antwoord are Saturday third down like I initially thought.

11 minutes ago, strangerkings said:

Where are Die Antwoord playing then if they're a 'logo' band, self confirmed for Sunday? Doubt they'd headline second against Tool.

More likely Dream Theater are headlining second, or Die Antwoord are Saturday third down like I initially thought.

Yup headlining 2nd stage. Though sat or sun i dunno. On past posters the 2nd stage headliners are always same size as the top 2 on main. Therefore Whitesnake, Die Antwoord and Rob Zombie 3nd stage headliners. Thats what I reckon anyway. Plus ehy would a prog band headline 2nd against a prog band on main? Far more likely Die Antwoord headlining 2nd sunday whilst Smashing Pumpkins on like in past years whete 2nd ends just before main headliner starts.

3 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yup headlining 2nd stage. Though sat or sun i dunno. On past posters the 2nd stage headliners are always same size as the top 2 on main. Therefore Whitesnake, Die Antwoord and Rob Zombie 3nd stage headliners. Thats what I reckon anyway. Plus ehy would a prog band headline 2nd against a prog band on main? Far more likely Die Antwoord headlining 2nd sunday whilst Smashing Pumpkins on like in past years whete 2nd ends just before main headliner starts.

Download 2nd stage headliner is not on par with main sun anymore and haven't been for a few years. SOAD or Lucky will tell you that.

Dream Theatre will sub second stage, as will Lamb of God, I think. At the moment I think: 

Def Leppard / Slash / Whitesnake / Deadland Ritual / Tesla 

Rob Zombie / Lamb of God 

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium / Behemoth / Amon Amarth 

Enter Shikari / Eagles of Death Metal 

Tool / Smashing Pumpkins / Die Antwoord / Clutch / Opeth 

Within Temptation / Dream Theatre 

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Dream Theatre will sub second stage, as will Lamb of God, I think. At the moment I think: 

Def Leppard / Slash / Whitesnake / Deadland Ritual / Tesla 

Rob Zombie / Lamb of God 

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium / Behemoth / Amon Amarth 

Enter Shikari / Eagles of Death Metal 

Tool / Smashing Pumpkins / Die Antwoord / Clutch / Opeth 

Within Temptation / Dream Theatre 

Within Temptation are booked elsewhere for Saturday and Sunday. The only day they could play is Friday, and the only slots they could (and would) do are 3rd down/Zippo headliner. Can't see them playing. 

18 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Well if they ended before Tool they wouldn't be up against a prog band, would they?

1 hour ago, strangerkings said:

Within Temptation are booked elsewhere for Saturday and Sunday. The only day they could play is Friday, and the only slots they could (and would) do are 3rd down/Zippo headliner. Can't see them playing. 

Oh, fair enough! Scratch them off then. 

Sum 41 are around Europe the same time as DL and are playing Tool day at DL Madrid so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see the pop up fourth down main stage on Tool day at DL UK. Weird fit but not impossible. 

31 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well if they ended before Tool they wouldn't be up against a prog band, would they?

Well yes buts thats not the point - can't see both Main and Stage being closed by a prog band! Just look through past line ups....always a difference in genre between Main and 2nd to attract different (and therefore more) fans.

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Sum 41 are around Europe the same time as DL and are playing Tool day at DL Madrid so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see the pop up fourth down main stage on Tool day at DL UK. Weird fit but not impossible. 

More likely a 3rd or 4th stage headliner I think. Maybe 3rd stage headliner on friday?

Edit: actually given the headlined 2nd stage before would be a suprise so maybe main yeah

Edited by Spiral_Low

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I doubt they are going to to Download 2 years ago, Reading this year and back to Download on nothing extra at all.

3 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Well yes buts thats not the point - can't see both Main and Stage being closed by a prog band! Just look through past line ups....always a difference in genre between Main and 2nd to attract different (and therefore more) fans.

Well, alternatively, they could have them on in that slot to give prog fans something to watch instead of Smashing Pumpkins in order to further entice them to buy day tickets.

If it's not Dream Theatre headlining second I don't really see why the stage would close early. I definitely think they'll want someone up against Tool on the second stage - either a straight up metal band or something for a younger audience (like a pop-punk band or Enter Shikari or something).

21 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well, alternatively, they could have them on in that slot to give prog fans something to watch instead of Smashing Pumpkins in order to further entice them to buy day tickets.

If it's not Dream Theatre headlining second I don't really see why the stage would close early. I definitely think they'll want someone up against Tool on the second stage - either a straight up metal band or something for a younger audience (like a pop-punk band or Enter Shikari or something).

Younger audience....so Die Antwoord then like I said in the 1st place then ;)

4 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Younger audience....so Die Antwoord then like I said in the 1st place then ;)

Yeah, I didn't say anything about your suggestion that Die Antwoord could headline the second stage.

Having said that, though, I think they'll definitely have someone more typically "Download" than Die Antwoord on at the same time as Tool.

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah, I didn't say anything about your suggestion that Die Antwoord could headline the second stage.

Having said that, though, I think they'll definitely have someone more typically "Download" than Die Antwoord on at the same time as Tool.

I fully expect to see a pop punk band on 3rd and an extreme metal band on 4th. So hip hop on 2nd makes sense in that regard. Very Download in how diverse it is. Mind you wouldnt be suprised if Die Antwoord headlined 2nd on the Sat night and actually Whitesnake did Sunday. I know they have fri on their website but lostsa bands put that as a placeholder.

Edited by Spiral_Low