Download 2019

Steve1000

On 11/22/2018 at 7:07 PM, Andre91 said:

They’re stupidly touring without a new album. We’ll have a better idea of their credentials once the album drops and after we see how the outdoor show in London sells. 

Lets put it this way...if a band isn't big enough to tour without a new album they aren't big enough to headline Download.

10 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Lets put it this way...if a band isn't big enough to tour without a new album they aren't big enough to headline Download.

Well, damn. You’ve just ended this discussion :lol: really valid point. 

However, I really do think we will have a better idea of where BMTH are once they release Amo in January. 

Edited by Andre91

56 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

However, I really do think we will have a better idea of where BMTH are once they release Amo in January. 

A little dicky bird told me that if they had sold out 80% of their last tour after their last album they'd have got the headline slot back then. They didn't and so they didn't. They've nose dived since then both in popularity and their ability to actually perform live. I hate to go on and talk about trajectories and over analyse stuff like some of the forum geeks do but this next album will have to be absolutely insane to change their direction. The snifter they gave us was hardly that. They're doing a BFMV. Except that BFMV are way better and can play live. For more than an hour too. :P 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

That could be said for anyone though, but their tour was not of a size that for the stature they were should have been an issue to sell out. When you are struggling to sell one Ally Pally date let alone two its not good. They've turned mainstream to try and make it and got found out a bit as when you scream you don't have to actually try and sing.

It's weird that they went straight in with an arena tour pre-album. Why not just wait for the album to be out and possibly win over some fair-weather fans or newcomers and fill the seats. Maybe there's more to it than I'm thinking but it seems they've done themselves a huge disservice. Interested to see where they go from here.

6 hours ago, lexiins said:

When can we expect new artist to be announced? Mid December? When should all the line up finally be up?

I don't think they will do another announcement before Christmas now. Lot more announced than usual. I think now they'll be waiting for Jan/Feb tours to be over before dropping other names.