Download 2019

Steve1000

I know the dates are a long way off but im surprised halestorm has announced more than 1 date for after DL. Not sure they'll be there anymore 

Sun November 24 2019 - GLASGOW SSE Hydro
Mon November 25 2019 - NOTTINGHAM Motorpoint Arena
Wed November 27 2019 - CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena
Thu November 28 2019 - LONDON Alexandra Palace

4 hours ago, devilman said:

Top 3 on main each day and 2nd stage headliners generally get their logo on the poster rather than just their name in plain vanilla font. You going again? Have to arrange a beer and e-festivals chat :) 

Tickets booked!

Just now, dentalplan said:

Demons & Wizards? Wonder what they write songs about.

Tenacious D are surely more likely for Ramblin Man or something now, right? Don't see why they'd have skipped announcing them yday when they were announced for all sorts of other things.

Something bigger for the next announcement?

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Demons & Wizards? Wonder what they write songs about.

Tenacious D are surely more likely for Ramblin Man or something now, right? Don't see why they'd have skipped announcing them yday when they were announced for all sorts of other things.

Demons & Wizards are a Blind Guardian singer project, with the guitarist from Iced Earth. They're playing everywhere in the summer, would like to see them in a opening spot at Zippo Encor

10 minutes ago, Moey said:

Meh. It doesn’t do it for me.

I should elaborate.

tenacious D being sub seems weird. I’ve seen them at download. Once is enough and then the novelty wears off. A little like steel panther. Think of it like a one night stand. Good the first time, a little disappointing the 2nd. 

I saw kiss when they headlined dl. Again, a one night stand ( with a lot of tongue)

saw disturbed at dl too. That turned into a karaoke didn’t it?

def Leppard - I’m from Sheffield, so have to approve that.

the rest I’m not fussed with. However, I will gladly raise my horns for Amon Amarth. They do indeed float my (Viking) boat.

Pretty sure from previous years that of the logo bands the subheadliners and 2nd stage headliners given equal size on poster.

So by that logic

Fri - Def Leppard/Slash

Sat - Slipknot/Slayer

Sun - Tool/Smashing Pumpkins

Then 2nd stage healiners Rob Zombie, Die Antwoord and Whitesnake.

Then the other 4 logo bands plus 2 more to come - 3 will be 3rd down Main Stage and 3 will be 2nd on 2nd stage. So would have thought Lamb Of God below Slayer and Dream Theater below Smashing Pumpkins. Given that sense it terms of fanbase. Trivium on 2nd stage (below Rob Zombie?) and maybe EODM 3rd below Slash.

Edit: though actuslly 3rd and 4th stage are logo bands too...Trivium to headline one of those? 

Edited by Spiral_Low