Download 2019

Steve1000

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Are people expecting Pumpkins to turn up because they're subbing Tool at that other festival or is there more to it than that? Not sure if I see it myself but it'd be a great booking.

Forgot the curators name but he did a post of pictures showing smashing pumpkins and that was a reason also...

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Def Leppard / Whitesnake / Slash 

Rob Zombie 

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium 

Within Temptation 

Tool / The Smashing Pumpkins / Die Antwoord 

Enter Shikari 

That’s what I think we will end up with. 

Within Temptation clashing with Slayer leaving Slipnot unnaposed and I'd probably go. I don't see TSP subbing if they are reunited now which I've heard about but not taken huge notice  as not really a fan. Also I doubt they will pull off Tool and TSP playing.

Halestorm should be in there somewhere, surely. Their uk tour, which was largely sold out, is done now.

shinedown too, but then they only played this year. Same for bsc and monster truck who are here in December with the Cadillac 3. Which, incidentally, is going to be my gig of the year.

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Are people expecting Pumpkins to turn up because they're subbing Tool at that other festival or is there more to it than that? Not sure if I see it myself but it'd be a great booking.

It would be very unusual for a band to come to Europe for just 1 festival. Plus the announcement is just after their album release. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

It would be very unusual for a band to come to Europe for just 1 festival. Plus the announcement is just after their album release. 

They will play something in the UK of course. But supporting Tool at one show doesn’t mean that’s their whole tour - you would think that they are specifically supporting that show to help Tool shift a stadium’s worth of tickets in Italy.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They will play something in the UK of course. But supporting Tool at one show doesn’t mean that’s their whole tour - you would think that they are specifically supporting that show to help Tool shift a stadium’s worth of tickets in Italy.

I checked and they are playing a festival in Denmark a couple weeks before as well so that implies a European Festival tour. But yeah i'm sure they will do summin in UK if not Download.

Prediction before the announcement tomorrow (I know we won’t get this much of the lineup): 

Def Leppard / Whitesnake / Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators / Greta Van Fleet / Tesla / Delain / Starset 

Rob Zombie / King Diamond / Anthrax 

Taking Back Sunday 

Carcass 

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Power Trip / Venom Prison 

Within Temptation / Papa Roach / Skindred 

Underøath 

Carpenter Brut 

Tool / The Smashing Pumpkins / Die Antwoord / Opeth / Coheed and Cambria / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Black Peaks 

Enter Shikari / Mike Shinoda / While She Sleeps 

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes 

At The Gates 

28 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Prediction before the announcement tomorrow (I know we won’t get this much of the lineup): 

Def Leppard / Whitesnake / Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators / Greta Van Fleet / Tesla / Delain / Starset 

Taking Back Sunday 

Carcass 

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Power Trip / Venom Prison 

Underøath 

Carpenter Brut 

Tool / The Smashing Pumpkins / Die Antwoord / Opeth / Coheed and Cambria / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Black Peaks 

At The Gates 

This to finish before Slipknot and II'd get a day ticket, you can keep the rest lol. Aside though, Mike Shinoda solo I can't see...really don't think anyone would care.

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Taking Back Sunday 

Carcass 

Underøath 

Carpenter Brut 

At The Gates 

Friday does nothing for me, and Sunday looks kinda weak as well.

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

Not announced to any festival till now but what about Korn and Five Finger Death Punch? they used to play almost every summer in Europe and now Korn haven't done it since 2016, and FFDP with the new album have not even arena concerts or something. Can they be announced for next year?

korn are making their next album next year so i believe they can headline 2020, ffdp love them but they play at least 5 times in the last  8 years so  very unlikely.

5 minutes ago, antros23 said:

korn are making their next album next year so i believe they can headline 2020, ffdp love them but they play at least 5 times in the last  8 years so  very unlikely.

I think Korn are a decent bet to headline 2020 aye. People started talking about them moving up alot more since their last album and as they are regarded as one of the better metal live bands* it makes sense to finally bump them up.

*of course everyone has their own opinions but generally they seem to always deliver

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Taking Back Sunday 

Carcass 

Underøath 

Carpenter Brut 

At The Gates 

Code Orange already announced at bloodstock so not likely. 

Greta Van Fleet played last year so again, not likely.

Sunday seems very weak tbf.

9 minutes ago, Lukeas said:

Code Orange already announced at bloodstock so not likely. 

Greta Van Fleet played last year so again, not likely.

Sunday seems very weak tbf.

Bloodstock have nothing to say that Code Orange are exclusive. GVF have a debut album to promote and have sold almost 7000 over three nights at the forum before that album had even been released. They’re getting bigger all the time so I don’t think consecutive years would be odd. The Sunday weak with TSP into Tool? Are you a mad man :P ?