Download 2019

Steve1000

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators: Friday 14th
Me First And The Gimme Gimmes: Sunday 16th

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

So there's def gonna  be Leppard/Whitesnake/Slash combo, maybe Zombie headlining 2nd

Is this just from their tour dates? Because artists often just list the first day of the festival on their tour dates, regardless of which day they're playing. So if an act has Saturday or Sunday then they're probably playing that day, but if they have Friday then they still could be any day.

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Is this just from their tour dates? Because artists often just list the first day of the festival on their tour dates, regardless of which day they're playing. So if an act has Saturday or Sunday then they're probably playing that day, but if they have Friday then they still could be any day.

Yep, my bad. They posted on their website only the first days of every festivals they're gonna play. So we don't know yet

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Yep, my bad. They posted on their website only the first days of every festivals they're gonna play. So we don't know yet

Tbf with Rob Zombie though, he has different dates for his tour places like Nova Rock is listed as Sunday so Download Friday is very likely given they are the same weekend.

Edited by thewayiam

Lynyrd Skynyrd pls

9 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I mentioned this in my original post a few pages back, I think Slash might be busy across the other days tho.

New prediction

Friday

Def Leppard-Whitesnake-Slash-Rival Sons-Tesla-Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown-Fozzy

2nd: Rob Zombie

____

Saturday

Slipknot-Slayer-Trivium-Lamb Of God-Amon Amarth-Anthrax-Testament-Power Trip

2nd: Within Temptation (clashing with Slipknot, not with Slayer)

___

Sunday

Tool-Die Antwoord-Alice In Chains-Opeth-Underoath-Converge-Starset-Bad Wolves

2nd: ZZ Top 

New prediction

Friday

Def Leppard-Whitesnake-Slash-Rival Sons-Tesla-Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown-Fozzy

2nd: Rob Zombie

____

Saturday

Slipknot-Slayer-Trivium-Lamb Of God-Amon Amarth-Anthrax-Testament-Power Trip

2nd: Within Temptation (clashing with Slipknot, not with Slayer)

___

Sunday

Tool-Die Antwoord-Alice In Chains-Opeth-Underoath-Converge-Starset-Bad Wolves

2nd: ZZ Top 

The Tool day will need to be strong, it's a coup but they aren't huge in the UK. WT for clashing with Slayer for me.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

The Tool day will need to be strong, it's a coup but they aren't huge in the UK. WT for clashing with Slayer for me.

I disagree - it's their first UK show in 12 years & they have a die hard fan base who will buy day tickets without consideration for the undercard. 

If you meant in terms of the line up then I do agree that they would be wise to have a 'traditional' Download band against them to draw away anyone that isn't a fan. Slayer or Whitesnake would make sense. 

16 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I disagree - it's their first UK show in 12 years & they have a die hard fan base who will buy day tickets without consideration for the undercard. 

If you meant in terms of the line up then I do agree that they would be wise to have a 'traditional' Download band against them to draw away anyone that isn't a fan. Slayer or Whitesnake would make sense. 

Although it is, they were never huge with a massive wide audience here and they also will be booked on a line-up which never sells out and isn't mainstream enough for that. You need a decent day for it as the only thing I know of Download selling out in recent times is AC/DC day tickets. Reading can sellout on Metallica playing and yet Download couldn't.

Pretty sure Slash will be third down. Last time Whitesnake played Download they almost co-headlined with Leppard, and Slash is not that big

He's going to go in the ultimate 3rd down under fuck the two above hi,..the exact same two as before but to see him you have to buy a ticket for their day.

2 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Pretty sure Slash will be third down. Last time Whitesnake played Download they almost co-headlined with Leppard, and Slash is not that big

Yeah i suppose. I am expecting Whitesnake to sub DL but stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

People not thinking halestorm will play then?

I think Halestorm will play they have been announced at others and seem to be doing the rounds. I hope so anyway.

7 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Slash don't even plays GnR songs anymore, and he was there last year with his (now) main band. He last album was just ok too

Yeah he only plays a couple if that and it's not suddenly going to change.

I'd see him if at Glastonbury but I don't see higher than 4th based on his sets. Tbh without GNR there is nothing to stick him to Pyramid for me but he won't agree to play and without it I'd suspect.