Download 2019

Steve1000

1 hour ago, Xeph1995 said:

Imagine if Download was Rammstein Slipknot and Tool.......      

I can't wait to see Rammstein again but Download missed the chance at one of the best trio of headliners there. 

They aren't playing any festivals. They're saying the stage show will be even bigger than before which I guess means they need their own stage

Very annoying how many large acts are choosing (probably rightly so on their part tbh) to do their own shows right in the middle of festival season and not do any one day/camping festivals. A full supporting lineup makes it so much better value for money. Doubt BST Hyde Park and the Finsbury Park gigs will even come back this year at this rate. Kiss, Bon Jovi, Metallica and now Rammstein all coming to around £80 each. Having to be very selective this year. Although if one can afford all of them , that's one hell of a summer.

Edited by R Shah

10 hours ago, R Shah said:

Very annoying how many large acts are choosing (probably rightly so on their part tbh) to do their own shows right in the middle of festival season and not do any one day/camping festivals. A full supporting lineup makes it so much better value for money. Doubt BST Hyde Park and the Finsbury Park gigs will even come back this year at this rate. Kiss, Bon Jovi, Metallica and now Rammstein all coming to around £80 each. Having to be very selective this year. Although if one can afford all of them , that's one hell of a summer.

Completely agree with this, its really annoying as I wanted to see Metallica as I love them but 120 quid for 1 ticket is far too much, like if you get that and a rammstein ticket that’s the price of a festival that you’ll see 20+ really good bands and have an amazing weekend with it. It’s starting to put me off going as I doubt I’m going to get tickets for rammstein either now especially when you can get Day tickets at the big festivals for a lot cheaper.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Completely agree with this, its really annoying as I wanted to see Metallica as I love them but 120 quid for 1 ticket is far too much, like if you get that and a rammstein ticket that’s the price of a festival that you’ll see 20+ really good bands and have an amazing weekend with it. It’s starting to put me off going as I doubt I’m going to get tickets for rammstein either now especially when you can get Day tickets at the big festivals for a lot cheaper.

The problem with Metallica for me I saw them in 2014 at Sonisphere do a by request set, Probably the best set list im ever gunna see them play. Theres not a show they can put on that can top that setlist for me so I have a really hard time justifying why I should spend that much money seeing 1 band and support i probably don't care about. Saw them again at leeds a couple of years after and tbh It was underwhelming when they played songs I dont find that great.

I don't mind paying for Rammstein because they don't have a bad song imo, its just traveling to Milton Keynes from York my home town costs an arm and a leg.

Edited by Xeph1995

2 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

The problem with Metallica for me I saw them in 2014 at Sonisphere do a by request set, Probably the best set list im ever gunna see them play. Theres not a show they can put on that can top that setlist for me so I have a really hard time justifying why I should spend that much money seeing 1 band and support i probably don't care about. Saw them again at leeds a couple of years after and tbh It was underwhelming when they played songs I dont find that great.

I don't mind paying for Rammstein because they don't have a bad song imo, its just traveling to Milton Keynes from York my home town costs an arm and a leg.

Try living in the North of Scotland then! Agree on Metallica. Soni was ace. Leeds much less so. Not seen them since purely because they don't justify those pries for me. Never been to Rammstein's own show. From what I've seen it's £65 for standing. That is well worth it. Hotels are booked. If I get tickets the flights will be booked ASAP too. Will be a £500 gig once everything is added up.

7 hours ago, devilman said:

Try living in the North of Scotland then! Agree on Metallica. Soni was ace. Leeds much less so. Not seen them since purely because they don't justify those pries for me. Never been to Rammstein's own show. From what I've seen it's £65 for standing. That is well worth it. Hotels are booked. If I get tickets the flights will be booked ASAP too. Will be a £500 gig once everything is added up.

Sonisphere 2014 was a sick festival man, really like the vibes all weekend not to mention the killer line up!

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Sonisphere was such a good festival. I loved it the day I went in 2011. Best major festival I’ve been to. 

Yeah tbh I wish I went for the Saturday, I did Sunday with Slipknot returning as a band being the main point and it wasn't worth it really for a day when on the whole I didn't enjoy other acts bar LB and by Slipknot I enjoyed it but just as interested by then.

Tbh I would rather that festival stayed though than Download because for me it offered the right mix generally for a day with a bit of all sorts and there was no main stage clashes. So KIGL, Sum 41, ATL and probably Mars Volta plus Bad Religion, YM@6, Weezer and Biffy Clyro...you couldn't really complain back then for that. I only didnt do it i think because of one of us needing to not drink and neither wanted to but Slipknot coming back I think felt a strong option at the time.

Personally I think the one that bombed actually suited me okay band wise, I'd have got 6 bands on the Saturday but I'm not into KISS or FNM or Sunday might have been okay too

Edited by thewayiam

On 11/3/2018 at 12:41 PM, devilman said:

If you're flying wouldn't somewhere else be better.  Berlin is a much better city than Milton Keynes!!