Download 2019

Steve1000

Im hoping Alice in Chains get announced, would love to see them sub Tool, hoping we have opeth on that day too.

Might as well try for mastodon while there at it too ???? haha 

On a serious note, any chance we will see Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats? they just released a new album, they are like John lennon mixed with Sabbath if you havent heard them, proper good stoner rock! Hope they could get a slot somewhere early in the day. Gunna catch them in Leeds on their tour but would love to have them at download on the bill.

Edited by Xeph1995

14 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Looking at the stage times Bad Religion didn't at all, YMAS only clashed with them for 25 mins and yeah Tesseract pretty much completely did tbf haha.

But yeah it would fucking suck if Die Antwoord clashed with Slipknot, hopefully our man AC knows that.

personally that clash would be fine

9 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

Do you think we'd ever get old prog bands like Kansas and Styx at Download?

It's not out of the question but increasingly unlikely. We had Anathema the other year and they're similar. RMF is the place for that though.

1 hour ago, Xeph1995 said:

any chance we will see Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats

We have before. I think it was Sabbath they supported in 2012 or something. Great band.

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Die Antwoord subbing Tool, yeah?

Most likely bottling scenario. Would mean I get to see both though. I just hope they headline 2nd against Def Leppard. Makes the most sense to me with the logo bands we have so far. Against Slipknot would be a disaster. 

1 minute ago, devilman said:

Most likely bottling scenario. Would mean I get to see both though. I just hope they headline 2nd against Def Leppard. Makes the most sense to me with the logo bands we have so far. Against Slipknot would be a disaster. 

Personally that’s where I think they will end up; headlining the Zippo against Slipknot. I think Zombie will headline that stage opposite Def Lep. 

I'm really pleased with that first announcement but will likely wait a little longer to get a ticket. I'd love if Die Antwoord didn't clash with Tool - I notice they're listed as playing the 16th (Sunday) on their website. Not sure if this has already been brought up. Subbing Tool would be a really great one-two for me. 

I just checked out the other band sites for dates. Granted, the 14th may simply be a placeholder as it's day 1 of the festival but this is what I found:

Whitesnake: Friday 14th
Trivium: Friday 14th
Amon Amarth: Friday 14th
Power Trip: Friday 14th

Rob Zombie: Saturday 15th

Die Antwoord: Sunday 16th
Starset: Sunday 16th

Edited by JSmurphy
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I can’t see DL having the balls to put DA as a sub (nor do I think they are big enough). 

Maybe it was Tool's choice, rather than the festival? I can totally see it though, however it may have come about.

That third line is probably Zippo heads, but Rob Zombie would close it early I guess.

56 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

What headliners clashed with the main stage ones this year? I only know the 2nd stage ones didn't.

YMAS clashed with A7X and so did Tesseract on fourth. Nothing on second clashed with GNR but Neck Deep did on third and Rise Against finished before Ozzy. Not sure about anything else. 

Given that a lot of folk - like me - would likely fancy seeing Slayer if it's their final ever UK show and they didn't get to the tour next month, it seems foolish to stick them as second stage headliner against the main attraction, unless they're to finish before Def Leppard/Slipknot/Tool come on.

Crossing my fingers for a Slipknot sub spot for Slayer. Though given both them and Zombie headlined second in '17, they could be duking it out between the Slipknot and Tool days.

12 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Given that a lot of folk - like me - would likely fancy seeing Slayer if it's their final ever UK show and they didn't get to the tour next month, it seems foolish to stick them as second stage headliner against the main attraction, unless they're to finish before Def Leppard/Slipknot/Tool come on.

Crossing my fingers for a Slipknot sub spot for Slayer. Though given both them and Zombie headlined second in '17, they could be duking it out between the Slipknot and Tool days.

I think Slayer probably sub and Rob Zombie 3rd down under Slipknot. If Zombie was closing 2nd then he's not subbing anyway. DA 3rd down Tool day.

Def Leppard, Whitesnake

Slash

Slipknot, Slayer, Rob Zombie

?

Tool, ?, Die Antwoord

Trivium

The press release for Kiss' newly announced European run doesn't seem to make any mention of their five arena dates being their last UK shows.

Feels pretty much as nailed on as you can get for 2020 by that standard.

09 Jul 2019                   Birmingham                  Birmingham Arena
11 Jul 2019                   London                         O2 Arena
12 Jul 2019                   Manchester                   Manchester Arena
14 Jul 2019                   Newcastle                     Metro Radio Arena
16 Jul 2019                   Glasgow                       SSE Hydro Arena

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

The press release for Kiss' newly announced European run doesn't seem to make any mention of their five arena dates being their last UK shows.

Feels pretty much as nailed on as you can get for 2020 by that standard.

09 Jul 2019                   Birmingham                  Birmingham Arena
11 Jul 2019                   London                         O2 Arena
12 Jul 2019                   Manchester                   Manchester Arena
14 Jul 2019                   Newcastle                     Metro Radio Arena
16 Jul 2019                   Glasgow                       SSE Hydro Arena

Add Metallica to that and you've got two of the headliners.

I don't see the logic in KISS missing Download this year to do their own concerts and then doing a final-ever UK show in 2020. The 2019 summer of doing some festivals and some own shows reads to me like some major festivals can't really be arsed booking KISS again for their latest goodbye gigs when they can book better sellers or cheaper acts who would do about the same business.

If they can get Maiden, Metallica and Rammstein as a top three then forget about KISS.