Download 2019

Steve1000

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I thought maybe the zombie could be the undead... Hollywood Undead, perhaps? 

Tool and Pumpkins getting equal set lengths would be great. In essence they would be co-headliners. It’d definitely be a big selling point and perhaps done because of Tool having not been here in so long with no (announced) new material not being sure about their drawing power as a headliner in 2019. 

I’m almost certainly chatting bollocks but it’s the dream, that top two. 

Tool absolutely have drawing power. They're playing stadiums in Europe, and people are wacko about them here about as much. Would love to see someone tell either Maynard or William that they have to share the bill with the other's band, just cause they'd get their cowboy hat jammed up their backside. But no I don't see Smashing Pumpkins as a Download act at all, between WPC not wanting to play Download type fests and their fans being largely not a Download type crowd.

Anyway the zombie seems like a very particular zombie, and when I did the reverse image search it came up with this - http://www.halloweenasylum.com/mayday-mask.html - so I thought that had a specific meaning. I'm sure the boat and the plane are just generic references, mind.

Ok so today I mainly got tattooed and the went to a funeral. My pished self is saying Tool, Slipknot Rammstein,. This conflicts with stuff I got tellt. Stuff I got tellt is usually but not always accurate. I'm hoping pished me is right. I reckon I'm not buying pints for sure.

Last Prediction before the announcement:

Fri:
Slipknot // Slayer // Trivium // Ice Nine Kills // Code Orange // Power Trip

Papa Roach // Slaves 

Sat:

Bring Me The Horizon // Five Finger Death Punch // Architects // Beartooth // Clutch // Skindred

Slash // Tremonti // Alestorm // Amon Amarth // Korpiklaani

Sun:

Def Leppard // Whitesnake // Greta Van Fleet // In Flames // Fozzy // Jasta

Korn // Behemoth // Burn the Priest // Alien Weaponary // Wolves at the Throne Room

1 minute ago, Lukeas said:

I'd be very disappointed if Smashing Pumpkins headline

I’d be totally underwhelmed. Probably watch them if nothing else on. Think I’m going to be pretty disappointed in headliners. Hopefully a decent undercard and options on other stages when main stage headliner on

Just now, Red Day said:

I’d be totally underwhelmed. Probably watch them if nothing else on. Think I’m going to be pretty disappointed in headliners. Hopefully a decent undercard and options on other stages when main stage headliner on

What day would they play? Slipknot is all but confirmed and I assume they'd occupy the Friday slot. Classic Rock act is normally for the Sunday. I honestly just don't see Smashing Pumpkins playing, it seems too out of nowhere.

9 minutes ago, Lukeas said:

What day would they play? Slipknot is all but confirmed and I assume they'd occupy the Friday slot. Classic Rock act is normally for the Sunday. I honestly just don't see Smashing Pumpkins playing, it seems too out of nowhere.

You could be right.  From the Instagram pics last night a few folks seemed to suggest they used one of the pics on stage.  I'd guess some dross for the Friday, Slipknot Saturday and if it's SP's they'd be Sunday.   

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

You could be right.  From the Instagram pics last night a few folks seemed to suggest they used one of the pics on stage.  I'd guess some dross for the Friday, Slipknot Saturday and if it's SP's they'd be Sunday.   

Ah well, I'll be going no matter what. If Slipknot and korn play that's me sorted for the weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, battleborn said:

Tool / Green Day / Slipknot.

Tool seem likely to do something now there lawsuit is over. A Download date is their most viable non-stadium option in the UK.

Mike Dirnt has codedly just announced on Instagram something is happening with Green Day today.

It's the 20th anniversary of Slipknot and 10th anniversary of their first headliner, it's hard to see them not playing. 

Mike Dirnt hasn’t really. He captioned an Instagram post with ‘bring on Tuesday’ which could mean absolutely anything :P