Download 2019

Steve1000

16 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

I think that the new BMTH album will be more metal oriented that most of people are expecting, that's why i don't see them headlining Reading anymore. The only metal band that headlined Reading nowadays were Metallica, and that's because they're absolutely huge. Can't see Reading giving "the push" to headline to another metal band. Maybe BMTH must need headline Download first and then in the next album cycle finally headline Reading

I’m gonna disagree. I think the new track is probably as heavy as the album will get, as he did say Amo is going to be like nothing they’ve done before. So far IMO they’ve borrowed from the sound of TTS and Sempiternal. Oli did say they recorded Mantra last and released it because he didn’t know what to give the fans (aka he knows the album is different and doesn’t know how fans will react). I absolutely love BMTH but something tells me the 2 tracks released so far were done so to keep some of the older fans, or at least from Sempiternal days, happy.

2 minutes ago, jjoshwhite said:

I’m gonna disagree. I think the new track is probably as heavy as the album will get, as he did say Amo is going to be like nothing they’ve done before. So far IMO they’ve borrowed from the sound of TTS and Sempiternal. Oli did say they recorded Mantra last and released it because he didn’t know what to give the fans (aka he knows the album is different and doesn’t know how fans will react). I absolutely love BMTH but something tells me the 2 tracks released so far were done so to keep some of the older fans, or at least from Sempiternal days, happy.

I think it's completely different from TTS and Sempi. This is fun and playful Bring Me, and I'm backing it highly.

4 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I think it's completely different from TTS and Sempi. This is fun and playful Bring Me, and I'm backing it highly.

Oh I agree, it’s different. But I can see similarities - the breakdown in wonderful life did remind me of Sempiternal a bit, with the lyrics feeling very TTS. But as you said, I’m defo backing it!

12 minutes ago, jjoshwhite said:

Oh I agree, it’s different. But I can see similarities - the breakdown in wonderful life did remind me of Sempiternal a bit, with the lyrics feeling very TTS. But as you said, I’m defo backing it!

It has got TTS references but the way it's written is also sounds like they almost didn't know what to write. It sounded like parts of Throne without the actual umpf of it. Like TA when they started just singing nothing.

9 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Nova Rock and Resurrection Fest are announcing a headliner at the very same time tomorrow, i guess there's someone releasing a full tour announcement. Any bet on who could be?

Either Slipknot or Kiss I'd say. The following has more or less been leaked for Graspop 2019, who've also announced today that there'll be acts released shortly;

Agnostic Front
Amon Amarth
Carcass
Children Of Bodom
Cult of Luna
Def Leppard
Delain
Disturbed
Eluveitie
Equilibrium
Gloryhammer
Godsmack
Halestorm
Hammerfall
Hatebreed
King Diamond
Kiss
Sabaton
Sick Of It All
Slipknot
Sonata Arctica
Testament
Trivium
Whitesnake
Within Temptation

Edited by LovelessNL

20 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Either Slipknot or Kiss I'd say. The following has more or less been leaked for Graspop 2019, who've also announced today that there'll be acts released shortly;

Agnostic Front
Amon Amarth
Carcass
Children Of Bodom
Cult of Luna
Def Leppard
Delain
Disturbed
Eluveitie
Equilibrium
Gloryhammer
Godsmack
Halestorm
Hammerfall
Hatebreed
King Diamond
Kiss
Sabaton
Sick Of It All
Slipknot
Sonata Arctica
Testament
Trivium
Whitesnake
Within Temptation

where you saw this?

5 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

First announcement will be at the very same time that Nova Rock and Resurrection, so it's a band who are releasing all tour dates at the same time, just like Ozzy did last year. Maybe Slipknot or Kiss?

Nova rock are doing the same time as download and then phase 1 lineup the next morning at 7 

Just now, gabrielomachado said:

I forgot that Kiss played on Resu this year, really doubt that they would be there 2 years in a row. So they're not the announcement. I'm really thinking of Slipknot but may be Tool or Rammstein as well

Rammstein won’t be at Nova Rock