Download 2019

Steve1000

for those who have Windows 3 or lower ?

Friday:// Prodigy/ Pendulum/ Halestorm   2nd: Alice In Chains

Saturday:// Slipknot/ Architects/ Trivium   2nd: Limp Bizkit

Sunday:// Bon Jovi/ Slash & Myles/ Tenacious D   2nd: Killswitch Engage 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Clashing Slipknot and Bizkit is a madness.

So is GNR and Parkway Drive.

edit: More than Likely if this booking were to happen, Bizkit would be bounced back into clashing more with Architects than Slipknot. 

Edited by 77.23

43 minutes ago, 77.23 said:

Microsoft word documents are contraband?

Why would you share a word doc? They can share viruses through active macros so unless it's from a trusted source I'd never open one. But why would you share one on here anyways? Just cut and paste any relevant text. Also, what did it say?????

38 minutes ago, devilman said:

Why would you share a word doc? They can share viruses through active macros so unless it's from a trusted source I'd never open one. But why would you share one on here anyways? Just cut and paste any relevant text. Also, what did it say?????

Facebook feed posts chill.

The announcement could be next week or so it don't matter anyway what we put on here. 

Viruses? My left Tit! Everyone uses Microsoft, even politicians, so that means it's ok ? 

Edited by 77.23
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, 77.23 said:

So is GNR and Parkway Drive.

edit: More than Likely if this booking were to happen, Bizkit would be bounced back into clashing more with Architects than Slipknot. 

No it’s not. GNR and Parkway Drive are world’s apart. Slipknot and Bizkit are the same fan base. 

30 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No it’s not. GNR and Parkway Drive are world’s apart. Slipknot and Bizkit are the same fan base. 

Slipknot are not Bio grade Nu Metal like Bizkit are, they have made albums that have been placed under the sub - genres of alternative, groove, and even classic Heavy Metal. Limp Bizkit on the other hand have been strictly a Nu Metal act since Chocolate Starfish.

So in other words the clash wouldn't be ideal but it could work for those people wanting classic vs. more of a post- Nu metal act like Slipknot, Linkin Park, SOAD, etc.

Edited by 77.23

2 hours ago, 77.23 said:

for those who have Windows 3 or lower ?

Friday:// Prodigy/ Pendulum/ Halestorm   2nd: Alice In Chains

Saturday:// Slipknot/ Architects/ Trivium   2nd: Limp Bizkit

Sunday:// Bon Jovi/ Slash & Myles/ Tenacious D   2nd: Killswitch Engage 

That would be a pretty dire set of headliners.

• Upvote 1

Seen on these forums that Prodigy are a popular choice for headlining download. I really don't think there at the stage for headlining Download anymore. I think they'll headline the medium sized festivals. There like Stereophonics, phonics always sell out there arena tours but you don't see them headlining these big festivals like Glastonbury, R/L, British Summertime etc but they'll play the likes of YNot etc. 

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Where you hearing that ? . Saw them at NOS in July. Can’t describe just how good a night that was.  

It was literally breaking news in the last hour, not confirmed, but its said that it is a dead cert, so hopefully. yeah they are the one band that I'm yet to see and it will be my first download and that would make it for me

1 minute ago, jim316 said:

It was literally breaking news in the last hour, not confirmed, but its said that it is a dead cert, so hopefully. yeah they are the one band that I'm yet to see and it will be my first download and that would make it for me

I had a look when you posted it snd saw article. On the PJ forum there’s a lad who is normally spot on with info saying they have no euro dates planned for 2019. Hope he’s wrong. Be fantastic to see them again. 

4 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I had a look when you posted it snd saw article. On the PJ forum there’s a lad who is normally spot on with info saying they have no euro dates planned for 2019. Hope he’s wrong. Be fantastic to see them again. 

hopefully wrong this time and its not just me getting my hopes up. I have Metallica in Slane Castle the week before so looking forward to June next year. wouldn't mind slipknot if I'm honest.

16 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Seen on these forums that Prodigy are a popular choice for headlining download. I really don't think there at the stage for headlining Download anymore. I think they'll headline the medium sized festivals. There like Stereophonics, phonics always sell out there arena tours but you don't see them headlining these big festivals like Glastonbury, R/L, British Summertime etc but they'll play the likes of YNot etc. 

I like The Prodigy. I personally would rather a better headliner. That being said, I think you're a bit off the mark here.

The Prodigy can lay decent claim to being the biggest dance act the world's ever known. They're the crossover benchmark for bringing the genre into a more live performance orientated space. Headlining festivals is practically their main shtick, far more so than the infrequent, hit-and-miss album output they've had since Fat of the Land. They always pull a crowd. Like... so many people regardless of their music favorites just bleat on about how mental the Prodigy were at a festival. 

Stereophonics, once they cooled down, were largely something that happened during the middle of the day on MTV2s rotation 15 years ago. They're not being passed on to this generation in the slightest. Decent lads, but never interesting enough to capatalize on their original popularity. 

I’m back to thinking Slipknot will play after the album news this week and their USA date today. 

Rammstein / Architects / Alice In Chains / Coheed and Cambria / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Black Peaks 

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators / Clutch 

Slipknot / Slayer (final UK show) / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Power Trip / Cane Hill 

Within Temptation / King Diamond 

Def Leppard (Hysteria) / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Greta Van Fleet / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown / The Raven Age 

Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World