Download 2019

Steve1000

17 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I was at Reading this year and FOB had a tiny crowd.

Didnt watch them but took this photo  from the bar on the left hand side as you look at the main stage

This was about halfway through their set

9C0D3889-4B9D-45AF-9B48-3466F454EE92.jpeg

Oooof. Biffy had more than that in 2016 against The 1975 and FOB had more than Biffy as their nominal co-headliner that year. Oooof.

Their crowd was about the same at Leeds. I walked right to the front barrier mid way through their set like I was watching a band at 2pm. 

They were really good, though. I was surprised by the setlist. Lots of older material so I had a good time. 

Edited by Andre91

Just checked in here for this first time. I like what I’m seeing. Seems we already have a good pool of potentials many of which I’d like to see.

Quite surprised FOB didn’t draw a bigger crowd at R/L didn’t thing the clashes would be too popular though the other acts on (wolf alice and Annie mac) did lean toward a younger crowd. I myself was at wolf Alice.

4 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Oooof. Biffy had more than that in 2016 against The 1975 and FOB had more than Biffy as their nominal co-headliner that year. Oooof.

Two things about that. This was FOB's second headline slot in a fairly short space of time, and so was the Biffy one you've just mentioned. I don't doubt that this played a part.

Just now, Red Day said:

Didn't Copping get a bit pissed off with Blackmore when he tried to book him a few years ago.

Haven't heard as much but it sounds about right.

At a guess, Blackmore is probably all about the headline slots and is more willing to turn up at Rock the Coast, Stone Free, Stone Rock, Free the Coast and other smaller affairs than play second fiddle at Download/Hellfest. Kinda talked myself out of that suggestion now. :P

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

At a guess, Blackmore is probably all about the headline slots and is more willing to turn up at Rock the Coast, Stone Free, Stone Rock, Free the Coast and other smaller affairs than play second fiddle at Download/Hellfest. Kinda talked myself out of that suggestion now. :P

I think you're spot on.  He probably sees himself as headliner but that's not going to happen at DL

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I think you're spot on.  He probably sees himself as headliner but that's not going to happen at DL

Don't know whether he could be swindled by a 'special guests' coheadline tag like Whitesnake were - potentially under Def Leppard again - but it's a bit of an outlandish suggestion and probably not worth all the fuss.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think the story was him wanting to headline, Copping offered him similar money to sub and he wouldn't do it 

My prediction for Download 2019:

Def Leppard (Hysteria)

Slipknot

Muse

Def Leppard would be the slightly weaker booking but playing hits would make it a great set. Slipknot potentially doing a world tour next year feels to me like a Download booking and would put on a great show and finally Muse, I feel the stadium tour and a few festivals will mean they come to Download. I think they will play TRNSMT and an English festival. Leeds has been done too soon, likewise Glastonbury. Download was 2014 last time they played so 4 years ago and would put on a show. Could see it.