Download 2019

Steve1000

Some of the bands who could play Download that already have been confirmed at other June festivals

-Rock Hard Festival (Germany): Cannibal Corpse 

-Hellfest (France): Slayer, Dropkick Murphys, Carcass, maybe even Manowar (?)

-Hurricane Festival (Germany): Foo Fighters, Papa Roach, Enter Shikari, Frank Turner (already played Download), Me First & The Gimme Gimmes and maybe The Cure (?)

-Rock Fest (Spain): Def Leppard

-Resurrection Fest (Spain): Trivium, While She Sheelps, Testament, Kvelertak

Resurrection happens in the very beginning of July, some of the bands can surely play at Download. And they're also hinting Disturbed.

BMTH rumoured to be playing in Hellfest and Download Spain should be noted too, two rumoured festivals make a summer tour more plausible.

The novelty of having a classic metal band is great however in a few years are they really gonna be able to put on a good show. All i'm saying is if we dont give newer bands a chance, or even just new headliners then in years to come there will be no headliners to put up on the stage. Even just having newer bands like Architects or Parkway subbing, would get people used to the idea of them eventually headlining.

It's not hard to work out. You put on the best selling combo available at the time. People will come or they won't depending on whether they like those bands or not. Pushing a band to headliner status now will not make them sell the festival better in the future. It's a nonsense. The world has changed, there won't be Metallicas and Maidens in the future. There won't be mega bands and we will all have to change our expectations of what we expect from a headline act. Festival organisers will still put on who they think will sell the most tickets out of who is available. Whether they are new or established headliners is irrelevant. 

If a band sells out an arena tour then they should realistically be considered a headliner. Expecting bands to be stadium sized as a criteria for headlining is unsustainable and a load of rubbish. 

A guy on the DL forum has said they’ve heard from someone that Slipknot haven’t been booked and hinted that they’re going to be doing an arena tour in support of their debut album turning 20. 

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

A guy on the DL forum has said they’ve heard from someone that Slipknot haven’t been booked and hinted that they’re going to be doing an arena tour in support of their debut album turning 20

Can't see this. Haven't they got a new album coming soon anyway? They'll be touring that and I can't see Corey missing another year at Donington. He loves the place.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

If a band sells out an arena tour then they should realistically be considered a headliner. Expecting bands to be stadium sized as a criteria for headlining is unsustainable and a load of rubbish. 

A guy on the DL forum has said they’ve heard from someone that Slipknot haven’t been booked and hinted that they’re going to be doing an arena tour in support of their debut album turning 20. 

I would rather that

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I doubt he actually got Foos. Surely nailed on for IOW or BST instead if not at R+L. Dental is right that BMTH doing their own thing ala QOTSA doesn't rule them out headlining a major fest in the future, be mad to think QOTSA won't headline Download at some point. 

Yup, IOW has been a while and BST got the money if not Reading. As for QOTSA headlining Download...nah, they've play it once in 2013

1 hour ago, devilman said:

Can't see this. Haven't they got a new album coming soon anyway? They'll be touring that and I can't see Corey missing another year at Donington. He loves the place.

Corey has said this weekend that they’re going into the studio to record the album in early 2019 so I could see them doing a ‘break from the studio’ summer tour for the 20th anniversary of that album and then going back into the studio to complete the album, putting it out the back end of 2019 and then coming back in 2020 to headline on the album cycle. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

So I’ve read on Ringrocker that Rammstein have said in an interview that they are in fact doing festivals this summer. Guessing their own dates in autumn if that leaked one is right. Straight swap if Slipknot really aren't playing.

Yeah, they seem a banker if that is the case. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Thinking Korn, Bon Jovi and Rammstein at the moment. The other two feel strong enough to let Korn ease into a headline slot.

That seems a fair shout. Bon Jovi is something AC has been desperate to have in the bag for years going by interviews so if he's managed to get them that'll be massive. 

The different bits and pieces of information we've got over the last week or so have thrown me a bit. I don't know who to predict right now :lol:

Likewise, I think it’s very difficult to predict. So many possibilities if all the speculation is correct. I can’t see it being Bon Jovi but you never know. I’m going to have a stab at Slipknot, Foo Fighters and Def Leppard doing Hysteria. That wouldn’t be my choices but going for that as my prediction based on nothing in particular 

2 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Actually a fair shout.

Has there been any additional info on Bon Jovi? Aside from the fact that their tour announcement has obviously been shelved.

Just seems like it's about time and would be a big marquee name. Andy Copping has been chasing them for years and now they've switched sides from AEG to Live Nation, it's quite possible they'd be directed towards Download for once.

Live Nation were tweeting Bon Jovi stuff a little while back, which is the main link. Someone on the Download forum suggested that their tour is getting announced Friday so suspect we'll get a better indication then.

I'm torn on FOB for Download, Copping keeps mentioning them so obviously wants them, but as Andre said the new material would bomb at Download. If they did a 'greatest hits' set and didn't play any of the newest album they might get away with it.

Didn't know that Bon Jovi had switched to Live Nation. Could be a game changer. 

I didn't think much of Fall Out Boy after the 2016 headline slot at Reading, but got to say this year they owned it. I think they'd surprise a lot of people, don't think they'd be a big draw and would get a tiny crowd against Slayer or whoever on 2nd, but could see them getting booked by the organiser thinking young crowd would go mad for it like Green Day or Blink. Don't think they would though unless you had Panic subbing or something. 

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Actually a fair shout.

Has there been any additional info on Bon Jovi? Aside from the fact that their tour announcement has obviously been shelved.

Dies anyone care about Bob Jovi anymore?, they aren't the sellers they used to be.

59 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Live Nation were tweeting Bon Jovi stuff a little while back, which is the main link. Someone on the Download forum suggested that their tour is getting announced Friday so suspect we'll get a better indication then.

I'm torn on FOB for Download, Copping keeps mentioning them so obviously wants them, but as Andre said the new material would bomb at Download. If they did a 'greatest hits' set and didn't play any of the newest album they might get away with it.

FOB at Download isn't that bad an idea tbh....they subbed and a fair bit of the material was the poppier stuff.