Download 2019

Steve1000

51 minutes ago, justanothername said:

That The Sound of Silence cover is loved by dads all over the world tbf

Not by this one. I fucking hate it. There's even a vid of me somewhere flicking Vs at all the sad muppets at the hydro with their phone lights twinkling. And then there's my pals who like it but don't like rock or metal in general. When they see me they'll get all excited like we have found a new connection and I have to shut them down and tell them that they ruined a great song but their other stuff is quite good. Then they listen to the other stuff and cry. :) 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There is no fucking way that Disturbed are ever going to become a Download headliner. 

Went to Download 2016 and saw their full set, they had without a doubt just as big of a crowd as Maiden, Sabbath, and Rammstein.

They will headline at some point if they get the catalogue to do so. 

7 hours ago, 77.23 said:

Went to Download 2016 and saw their full set, they had without a doubt just as big of a crowd as Maiden, Sabbath, and Rammstein.

7 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

Even Nightwish had a smaller crowd than Disturbed.

What you also need to remember is that it was their first UK Show in five years which would have helped inflate the crowd size, there'll be less demand now as people have seen them (at Download & on the avenged tour) and the band haven't grown.

Slipknot / Disturbed / Alice In Chains / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Power Trip 

Within Temptation 

Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Trivium / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps / Beartooth / State Champs / Black Peaks 

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators 

Def Leppard / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Clutch / Greta Van Fleet / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Enter Shikari

35 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Slipknot / Disturbed / Alice In Chains / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Power Trip 

Within Temptation 

Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Trivium / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps / Beartooth / State Champs / Black Peaks 

Def Leppard / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Clutch / Greta Van Fleet / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Enter Shikari

Well, I'd happily be all over that.

58 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Within Temptation 

Enter Shikari

Probably not too far away. Definitely the balance that LN try to achieve.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:39 AM, Reece1617 said:

Fuck me that new Black Peaks album is outstanding. This band are massively underrated. 

one of the better live bands ive seen this and last year, lead singer is brilliant

On 10/9/2018 at 12:31 AM, 77.23 said:

My overriding memory of that set is the elongated karaoke at the end of it. Almost as if they didn’t have enough material to fill the slot. Felt more like top of the pops when sound of silence was played. Didn’t get it at all.

I’m not a fan, in case you hadn’t guessed.

Stained though..... 

49 minutes ago, devilman said:

Aye the obvious exclusion of a Midlands date just screams "we're not coming to Download" doesn't it :) 

I'm hoping it's in May or something so they can't play. And tbf is it that much of an obvious exclusion? Like London, Manchester and Glasgow's a fairly bog standard UK run for any band really.

Would be very disappointed to see disturbed move up the lineup. Never really been a fan, one or two hit wonder to be honest. They’ve also done next to nothing since they last played. Would rather see them bring someone actually interesting upto sub.

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, LiamEP said:

Would be very disappointed to see disturbed move up the lineup. Never really been a fan, one or two hit wonder to be honest. They’ve also done next to nothing since they last played. Would rather see them bring someone actually interesting upto sub.

Architects are the band for you then! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 77.23 said:

Architects are the band for you then! 

Indeed

would it be safe to assume 5fdp are probably going to play as a sub. Feels like the type of move the festival would make to get another large band for upcoming years as a possible option to push as a headliner.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah I reckon 3 of FFDP, Korn, Slayer and Priest for subs. Maybe Deftones, also. 

Don't Think Priest are sub material at this point in their career, They've headlined Hellfest this year, and have gotten a lot of critical acclaim for FirePower, kinda see them maybe headlining 2020 but overall i'd say about 2 years or so after that even for their next appearance. 

Edited by 77.23