Download 2019

Steve1000

30 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Corey's live screaming has changed a lot, though. He isn't at the same level he was pre-Vol 3. (which ruined his voice by his own admission). Sam Carter is an excellent example of being able to scream and sing equally as well live. 

I wouldn't hold out any hope of BMTH playing any older material at Download other than maybe wheeling Chelsea Smile out again. 

Heard Corey say as of this year his voice is back to the pre-Vol.3 stages with the new album being the cream of the crop of the band.

I would disagree bout the setlist if BMTH headlined, i'd say at least one song from their 1st album, and about 3 from everything else besides TTS and Amo, thereof being the rest of the set. It's a Headlining set for Download, they'll suck it up.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Sam Carter is an excellent example of being able to scream and sing equally as well live. 

I've always found that Sam screeches the vocals live, while on the record they're a lot more throaty shouts & screams. Not a negative criticism as they still sound killer and it's a lot more sustainable if you're making a career out of being a harsh vocalist as it's easier on the throat.

Sams live singing is great too. 

Edited by huntyyy

1 hour ago, 77.23 said:

Heard Corey say as of this year his voice is back to the pre-Vol.3 stages with the new album being the cream of the crop of the band.

I would disagree bout the setlist if BMTH headlined, i'd say at least one song from their 1st album, and about 3 from everything else besides TTS and Amo, thereof being the rest of the set. It's a Headlining set for Download, they'll suck it up.

So 7 pre-sempi? Absolutely no chance.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Corey's live screaming has changed a lot, though. He isn't at the same level he was pre-Vol 3. (which ruined his voice by his own admission). Sam Carter is an excellent example of being able to scream and sing equally as well live. 

I wouldn't hold out any hope of BMTH playing any older material at Download other than maybe wheeling Chelsea Smile out again. 

I mean, Eva Spence is on another tier altogether though

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I mean, Eva Spence is on another tier altogether though

HELL YES. 

In reference to the dude above; BMTH will never play anything from Count Your Blessings ever again. When they played Wembley and played Pray For Plagues they said that was that albums retirement show and I fully believe they will stick to that. 

I think they might play Chelse Smile and possibly Blessed With A Curse pre-Sempiternal and that’s it. 

It’s the same situation as when Biffy headlined and people were saying that they would play a heavier set and bring out a load of pre-Puzzle songs because it was Download. That didn’t happen and neither will BMTH playing a heavier set. They will play a regular BMTH set which still fits Download very well, just as Biffy did. 

Edited by Andre91

11 hours ago, devilman said:

But it'll fit R/L better because that's where it'll be, no matter how much you wish it to be true :) 

We are not going to agree on this, are we :lol: 

I will happily make a £10 PayPal bet with you (or a £10 donation to a charity of your choice, whichever you prefer) if you’re up for it :P ? 

If they play R&L, I owe you a tenner. If they play Download, you owe me a tenner. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

I will happily make a £10 PayPal bet with you (or a £10 donation to a charity of your choice, whichever you prefer) if you’re up for it :P ? 

If they play R&L, I owe you a tenner. If they play Download, you owe me a tenner. 

Not even based on where I think they'll be but I'm inclined to favour you over this....Some people have not always been the strongest on views at where bands will play over the years.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Done. Non headline slots don't count, agreed?

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

As far as nailing the screaming and singing thing, Will from Black Peaks isn't human

I’m desperate to see them live. My friend watched them at Leeds not really knowing much about them and he’s now super into them purely because of how engaging Will was. 

I’m desperate to see them live. My friend watched them at Leeds not really knowing much about them and he’s now super into them purely because of how engaging Will was. 

Yeah, I saw them at Leeds this year and wasn’t expecting them to be as good as they were. They were outstanding. Just a shame about the turnout, they’d be much better off with an early main stage slot at Download. 

A member on the DL forums has said that the following are going to be at Hellfest as they've been confirmed to them by a promoter: 

Architects, Amon Amarth, Bring Me The Horizon, Devin Townsend, King Diamond, Slipknot, Testament

Take it with a pinch of salt but if it is true then they must be likely for DL too. None of them look outlandish and along the lines of what many have been putting in their predictions anyway. King Diamond seems a bit random but they've said they will be touring in 2019. 

Edited by Andre91

A member on the DL forums has said that the following are going to be at Hellfest as they've been confirmed to them by a promoter: 

Architects, Amon Amarth, Bring Me The Horizon, Devin Townsend, King Diamond, Slipknot, Testament

Take it with a pinch of salt but if it is true then they must be likely for DL too. None of them look outlandish and along the lines of what many have been putting in their predictions anyway. King Diamond seems a bit random but they've said they will be touring in 2019. 

I'm at a point now where I'll be disappointed if BMTH don't headline.

I used to dislike them circa 2008 (mostly because of Oli) but they've matured a lot since then and I can see them putting on a great show.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scrubbertheman said:

Disturbed talking about extensive touring next year; and the new album due out, which David reckons will be their "Black Album".
Can definitely see them getting a leg up from third. Maybe not quite headliner material, but not a million miles away if the new material goes down well.

Recon they'll sub if they play (below Slipknot), sub again in a couple years, and then headline in about 4-5 years time. 

If they don't play then i see them waiting till their album after this one to headline, this would be bigger for the band and i think it's far more likely. 

2022 or 2021 they will headline 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They covered that fuckin song in the style of Stain'd and suddenly they're worth a damn? Fuck no.

INIT. People are going on about that cover like it was some kind of world beating hit. It reached 42 on the bloody Billboard chart in America where their US rock radio sound is most popular. 

Whilst I’ll agree that it wouldn’t surprise me to see them sub next year, there is no fucking way that Disturbed are ever going to become a Download headliner.