Download 2019

Steve1000

42 minutes ago, atomised said:

I love the mention of gnarwolves on that poster but they've done nothing since January and I'm not convinced they still exist as a band

I think they said they was taking a year or so off when they rescheduled thier London dates back in December 

1 hour ago, atomised said:

I love the mention of gnarwolves on that poster but they've done nothing since January and I'm not convinced they still exist as a band

Shame. They’re an excellent band. I still can’t fathom how they opened the main stage at R&L in 2014. I saw them last year in Bedford in front of about 50 people after they’d released that brilliant album. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Shame. They’re an excellent band. I still can’t fathom how they opened the main stage at R&L in 2014. I saw them last year in Bedford in front of about 50 people after they’d released that brilliant album. 

I think they're a great band. Those January shows felt a bit like a farewell after the issues towards the end of last year

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH, Slipknot & Def Leppard for 2019. 

Rammstein, Iron Maiden & KISS for 2020. I don’t think Metallica will be at DL 2020. 

Aye. Leaning very heavily on this now if that R+L news is the truth. I think for BMTH to miss a major UK headline slot next summer could be tantamount to the admission they won't ever get it; feel like they'll peak here.

Maiden, I'd assume, would be geared up with their next record for 2020 but it could yet end up being a third year behind Legacy of the Beast. Honestly, given how electrifying they were in Manchester with that particular show this summer, I wouldn't complain.

10 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Cant believe Papa Roach are on their 10th album

Announced June fests in Europe on a FB reply. Shoe in, but then you probably knew that already :) 

Edit: Just like that one up there ^^^^^^^ Man I'm blind.

Edited by devilman

7 hours ago, Jericode said:

The Prodigy are doing an Austrian festival in April, surely makes them more likely if they're touring Euro fests next year.

They’ve been doing European festivals every summer for about twenty years..

36 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

these are supposedly the first bands leaked for HELLFEST

if this is true, how many of them are likely to be at DL?

2zfjtcm.jpg

I doubt it’s true, but RHCP would be an interesting addition to the pool if they do festivals like that.

I know Download haven't done co headliners before but it has been discussed as a possibility in the past so I was thinking KoRn and Slayer to co headline the Friday. What with it being Slayer's last tour and if KoRn are ever gonna headline it would probably make more sense as a co headliner than a full fledged headliner. So maybe KoRn/Slayer, Bring Me The Horizon and Slipknot headlining with someone like Evanescence being one of the subs. Either that or Smashing Pumpkins, Bring Me The Horizon and Slipknot headlining with KoRn, Slayer and Evanescence as subs.

7 minutes ago, SOAD said:

I know Download haven't done co headliners before but it has been discussed as a possibility in the past so I was thinking KoRn and Slayer to co headline the Friday. What with it being Slayer's last tour and if KoRn are ever gonna headline it would probably make more sense as a co headliner than a full fledged headliner. So maybe KoRn/Slayer, Bring Me The Horizon and Slipknot headlining with someone like Evanescence being one of the subs. Either that or Smashing Pumpkins, Bring Me The Horizon and Slipknot headlining with KoRn, Slayer and Evanescence as subs.

They have done coheadliners - Whitesnake were a coheadliner. Goes to show how much of an impact that billing has for the lower band.

Yeah, I don't really see the point of having co-headliners at a single site festival. I guess you could make it clear that they are going to get equal set lengths but the last band on is the headliner in the eyes of everyone. 

Anyway, to the surprise of absolutely nobody, Architects new song 'Royal Beggars' is great. I am really feeling them subbing. 

Edited by Andre91