Download 2019

Steve1000

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Anyway, that recent Slipknot casting call for a video suggests that they're back very soon - quicker than I expected for sure. Guess there just needs to be some rumours or other festival announcements because it seems there are a bunch of possibilities who are all returning at the same time.

Yeah, the turn around has seemingly been quicker than I expected, too. You’ve got to think that a single is at least ready to go if they’re filming a video. 

There’s been suggestions that it’s a music video or the 20th anniversary of their debut but that makes no sense to me at all. It’s got to be new material, I should think. 

I know they were never really in the mix to play Download, but looks like Machine Head are breaking up. Two members have decided to leave at the end of this tour and so Robb is calling it a day. Shame to see them go. New album wasn't the best but they had a solid streak for a good few albums before that. Skipped out on their tour this year which I'm now regretting.

Edited by FloorFiller

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know they were never really in the mix to play Download, but looks like Machine Head are breaking up. Two members have decided to leave at the end of this tour and so Robb is calling it a day. Shame to see them go. New album wasn't the best but they had a solid streak for a good few albums before that. Skipped out on their tour this year which I'm now regretting.

They are? Dang, that's a bit of a bummer. Heard the recent shows were up there with the very best of them.

21 hours ago, Andre91 said:

KoRn have an announcement at 8pm tonight so I should think that will be an official album launch. I still think they're in with a huge shout of headlining. 

This announcement turned out to be their own brand of coffee? Nice one, very metal. 

Edited by LiamEP

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

It's a shame that BMTH probably won't do it, alas.

(The R+L thread has some folk convinced that they've missed their chance there, which I wouldn't be sure about.)

Eh, it's only really discussing whether their tour makes them a headliner or a coheadliner. It's all bullshit anyway, considering this year's R+L headliners/coheadliners furore.

BMTH seem perfect for Download at this point, in my eyes. Even with their stylistic shift, they're still more or less the biggest band to a portion of the crowd that Download aims for, and the festival is in desperate need of new headliners to repeat on a three year cycle. I guess the same is true if they play R+L first but these current tour dates seem to fit a Download announcement pretty well.

Apparently Robb Flynn retracted/amended his statement about Machine Head splitting up and said that the farewell tour is just for that lineup - not the band itself. Still a shame that two key members have decided to leave, and I hope Robb doesn't go even deeper in to some of the territory he did on Catharsis which was laughably bad in some parts.

Edited by FloorFiller

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Eh, it's only really discussing whether their tour makes them a headliner or a coheadliner. It's all bullshit anyway, considering this year's R+L headliners/coheadliners furore.

BMTH seem perfect for Download at this point, in my eyes. Even with their stylistic shift, they're still more or less the biggest band to a portion of the crowd that Download aims for, and the festival is in desperate need of new headliners to repeat on a three year cycle. I guess the same is true if they play R+L first but these current tour dates seem to fit a Download announcement pretty well.

I’m starting to come back round to BMTH too for the reasons you’ve said. Initially I said that this tour seems to fit a DL headline slot more than R&L: 

Tour in November > announced for DL end of November > album out in January > DL headline slot in June > UK arena tour winter 2019 > R&L headline slot 2020 to close the cycle in the UK. 

Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Halestorm / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Cane Hill 

Alice In Chains / Cypress Hill 

Slipknot / Slayer (final UK show) / Disturbed / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / 36 Crazyfists / Power Trip 

Within Temptation / Alestorm 

Def Leppard (Hysteria) / Judas Priest / Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators / Clutch / Greta Van Fleet / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Trivium / Killswitch Engage

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Zegut has confirmed a French Rammstein date for September 2019 and said that it rules out Download Paris and Hellfest. 

I said last week that I don’t think we will get Rammstein until 2020 and I’m sticking by that. 

Interesting. Goes with other stuff I heard. What kind of date is it? If they are doing a tour I'm all over it.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

September 13th at Paris’ Defence Arena. What have you heard, may I ask? If you’re allowed to share, that is. 

Just that they had a new album and tour planned but no dates had appeared so this confirms it hopefully. Zegut tends to get things like that right. I've never been to a Rammstein show other than twice at Download. I need that in my life real soon now.