Download 2019

Steve1000

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Might make Ghost less likely for Download if they’re supporting ‘tallica across all dates. If that’s the case and they miss 2019, I think Ghost will be a headliner next time they play. 

2019: KoRn, Slipknot, Def Leppard 

2020: A Day To Remember, Rammstein, KISS

Ghost are not headlining Download if they don't play this year....you're jumping from a band maybe doing something different to a whole other spectrum. There might be a bit of what you want to see rather than what would happen in there haha

As for your suggested lineups...KISS playing Download on the 2nd year of an outing after the poor sales for that year last time...along with ADTR getting their up....don't see it myself.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Might make Ghost less likely for Download if they’re supporting ‘tallica across all dates. If that’s the case and they miss 2019, I think Ghost will be a headliner next time they play. 

Last time they played was subbing the 3rd stage. They quite clearly have to return before headlining, especially considering how far off they are.

35 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

It's apparently 3 bands, both of those and Avenged Sevenfold rumoured to be the main support for the UK dates.

Good lord.

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty huge trio that. Even makes the undoubtedly £100+ price tag seem worth it if it's true.

It's practically a festival unto itself. If any tickets go for less than £100, I'd be surprised.

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty huge trio that. Even makes the undoubtedly £100+ price tag seem worth it if it's true.

I thought he was saying they're all rumoured for the same 'main support' spot?

Volbeat makes the most sense considering they're too big in Europe to support. And vice versa with A7X here, except the places where they do headline festivals I guess is where Ghost come in.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I thought he was saying they're all rumoured for the same 'main support' spot?

Volbeat makes the most sense considering they're too big in Europe to support. And vice versa with A7X here, except the places where they do headline festivals I guess is where Ghost come in.

I've seen it's all 3 supporting but I personally think it'll be those 3 as main support split across the dates but we shall see.

8 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I've seen it's all 3 supporting but I personally think it'll be those 3 as main support split across the dates but we shall see.

Yeah I don't see it being those three at all. In fact, if that bus bumper up the page is legit, then they have Ghost and Bokassa supporting in Barcelona then I think three blockbuster supports in the UK is ruled out. Looking into who Bokassa are (had to make sure it wasn't just a bus route) I guess they'll be the opening support act in the UK as well.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I don't see it being those three at all. In fact, if that bus bumper up the page is legit, then they have Ghost and Bokassa supporting in Barcelona then I think three blockbuster supports in the UK is ruled out. Looking into who Bokassa are (had to make sure it wasn't just a bus route) I guess they'll be the opening support act in the UK as well.

deffo legit, i took that screenshot off a video some dude posted on the barca rocks festival. He was in a car that drove past that bus 

3 hours ago, kaip said:

deffo legit, i took that screenshot off a video some dude posted on the barca rocks festival. He was in a car that drove past that bus 

I did believe it, just covering myself in case someone came along and debunked it. :D

Dunno if this one is legit but it looks to be the same design as the bus. Would maybe swing Ghost back into being out.

x4ek8v6um2o11.jpg

6 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Double post klaxon; prices are £60-£125 in Manchester and £60-£130 in London. That low-end price isn't as bad as I feared, given that Ghost should get a good 45 minute slot in the wings too.

Assuming standing will be nearer the top of that price bracket then? Pretty tempted by this but 1. I'm incredibly poor right now (mostly due to going to so many gigs...) and 2. Their setlists are looking a little boring these days, especially with the new album stuff taking up a quarter of them. A lot of old standards missing in a lot of their sets (Creeping Death, Seek & Destroy(!!), Battery etc). I know they've been playing those songs constantly for years, but the setlists look worse without them, and I can't get excited about seeing the new stuff live even if there are a few good songs in there.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Assuming standing will be nearer the top of that price bracket then? Pretty tempted by this but 1. I'm incredibly poor right now (mostly due to going to so many gigs...) and 2. Their setlists are looking a little boring these days, especially with the new album stuff taking up a quarter of them. A lot of old standards missing in a lot of their sets (Creeping Death, Seek & Destroy(!!), Battery etc). I know they've been playing those songs constantly for years, but the setlists look worse without them, and I can't get excited about seeing the new stuff live even if there are a few good songs in there.

Not sure. Standing would be the middle I imagine - around the £80 mark. There was no mention on Ticketmaster about the price of the Golden Circle separately, so if that's the £125 price tag, then the rest of the venue may be a bit less. I'm not hopeful though.

I'd probably see them again on the strength of the Leeds Festival show, in the knowledge that they'll likely be excellent whatever they play. However, the setlist point is good; I'd be less bothered as I notched virtually all my faves on my one previous time catching them. 

39 minutes ago, MattysMilk said:

So theres no way Metallica can play Download even though they dont have any dates on the 14th or 15th, I know it would mean flip flopping between countries but Idk 

The Download Twitter account has said that these two dates are Metallica's only UK dates next year, if that isn't an indication that they aren't playing Download I don't know what is :P 

• Like 1

Surprising and also gutting to see that Ghost inclusion on the Metallica tour. Volbeat had let it slip on an interview that they were supporting again. It's how everybody knew that Metallica were doing a stadium tour instead of a festival run. Maybe that slip cost them the gig? Another Download without Ghost is gutting but surely they'll be in arenas now for their next tour. I won't be at any of the Metallica dates. Too close to Download and too far away from me. I'd actually bet my left bollock they'll be at Download next year. It's the GnR recipe innit.