Download 2019

Steve1000

1 hour ago, seant007 said:

Means nothing surely Baca has no correlation to Download, right?

It means that they're touring in Europe around the same time as Download. Also seems that one of their headliners plays DL every year (well I didn't look beyond 2014 as I couldn't be bothered). Ozzy in 18, Aerosmith in 17, Maiden in 16, Judas Priest in 15 and Twisted Sister in 14.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

It means that they're touring in Europe around the same time as Download. Also seems that one of their headliners plays DL every year (well I didn't look beyond 2014 as I couldn't be bothered). Ozzy in 18, Aerosmith in 17, Maiden in 16, Judas Priest in 15 and Twisted Sister in 14.

I dunno. This is an exclusivo for the whole of Spain, and Download Madrid had all of last year's UK headliners. So the headliners at Barcelona might start to look like acts Download didn't bother getting.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Metallica's tour is almost certainly getting announced on Monday. Two leaked stadium dates already so it will more than likely rule out them and whoever their support acts are, but worth mentioning anyway seeing as I imagine many from here will be looking at going.

Volbeat let slip somewhere that they’re supporting (I’m guessing the UK seeing how they can play stadiums themselves in most of Europe). Ghost are supporting a leaked date too. 

Heard a rumour that A7X are going to be supporting too which is mad. 

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was the case on the American leg of the tour right?

Don't see it happening over here mind.

Yeah, I’m aware they did it there but I’ve heard they’re doing it in Europe too. I don’t believe it for a moment. 

I’m calling Rammstein for 2020. Their new album is ‘almost done’ and they’ve been recording orchestra and choir parts. I’ve got a feeling the album won’t be ready until the second half of 2019 so 2020 makes more sense when the album is out.

21 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, I’m aware they did it there but I’ve heard they’re doing it in Europe too. I don’t believe it for a moment. 

I’m calling Rammstein for 2020. Their new album is ‘almost done’ and they’ve been recording orchestra and choir parts. I’ve got a feeling the album won’t be ready until the second half of 2019 so 2020 makes more sense when the album is out.

Those bits will be the very last bits added to an album, surely? They don't even have to be present for that. I think their album will be out before Slipknot's, and I think they'll headline Download again a year before Slipknot do as well.

2019: BMTH, Rammstein, KISS
2020: Korn, Slipknot, Maiden

Given that their only other UK stadium date this century was a one-off in London, I'd guess just that, yeah (with Mastodon, Machine Head and HIM in tow).

Their only other big outdoor gig, excluding festivals and Live Earth, was a Milton Keynes Bowl show in 1993, with Megadeth, Diamond Head and The Almighty.

That Wembley setlist from 07 wasn't half-bad, mind:

1 Creeping Death
2 For Whom the Bell Tolls
3 Sad But True
4 Disposable Heroes
5 The Unforgiven
6 ...And Justice for All
7 The Memory Remains
8 The Four Horsemen
9 Orion
10 Fade to Black
11 Master of Puppets
12 Battery

13 No Leaf Clover
14 Nothing Else Matters
15 One
16 Enter Sandman

17 Whiplash
18 Seek and Destroy

Definitely trying to bury St Anger at that point, it would seem...

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Those bits will be the very last bits added to an album, surely? They don't even have to be present for that. I think their album will be out before Slipknot's, and I think they'll headline Download again a year before Slipknot do as well.

2019: BMTH, Rammstein, KISS
2020: Korn, Slipknot, Maiden

I really think that Slipknot will tour Europe doing their debut in full. The only part of me that goes against it is like you’ve said before; where does that leave Slipknot when the new album comes out? They can’t headline any other festival in the UK. 

It’d never ever happen but Download could have Slipknot two years on the bounce playing completely different sets and would still shift a massive amount of tickets. 

Edited by Andre91