Download 2019

Steve1000

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

Do people think the larger dance tent and comedy tent in the village could be turned into proper stages during the actual festival with bands playing on them? Maybe dedicated each day to bands from a different city, try and give some younger bands more promotion? Obviously no point having anything on their against the headliners etc. Either that or get bands from a completely different genre in their?

I think it's probably in the festival's best interest to try and discourage people staying in the campsite during the day so they can make more money on food and beer. Could work in the arena though, have Download ever had a smaller stage for new bands like BBC Introducing at RandL? 

37 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Hi everyone, i'm new on this game but let's try it. I'm going DL19 from Brazil and it's my first time at a european festival so i'm very excited. Here's a little prediction i made, it's kinda wishlist but i tried to be the more realistic i could get. What do you think?

download festival.png

I don't think Download would repeat 2013's headliners again next year. I think Rammstein and Slipknot are pretty solid shouts at this point though. Nice Poster. 

I also think Frank Carter needs to play main stage next year, he deserves it and he'd go down incredibly well. 

• Upvote 2

Bring Me The Horizon
Architects
Within Temptation
Papa Roach
While She Sleeps

Slayer
Lamb Of God
Anthrax

Skindred

-----

Slipknot
Five Finger Death Punch
Disturbed
Gojira
Breaking Benjamin

Halestorm
Clutch
Monster Magnet

Deaf Havana

------

Iron Maiden
Ghost
Alice In Chains
Killswitch Engage
Coheed & Cambria

Slash feat. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators
Greta Van Fleet
Tremonti

Alkaline Trio

3 hours ago, Reece1617 said:

I don't think Download would repeat 2013's headliners again next year. I think Rammstein and Slipknot are pretty solid shouts at this point though. Nice Poster. 

I also think Frank Carter needs to play main stage next year, he deserves it and he'd go down incredibly well. 

Yeah Frank would ram that tent to crazy points.

4 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Hi everyone, i'm new on this game but let's try it. I'm going DL19 from Brazil and it's my first time at a european festival so i'm very excited. Here's a little prediction i made, it's kinda wishlist but i tried to be the more realistic i could get. What do you think?

download festival.png

Give me those Avalanche headliners 

1 hour ago, Hart Attack said:

Bring Me The Horizon
Architects
Within Temptation
Papa Roach
While She Sleeps

Slayer
Lamb Of God
Anthrax

Skindred

-----

Slipknot
Five Finger Death Punch
Disturbed
Gojira
Breaking Benjamin

Halestorm
Clutch
Monster Magnet

Deaf Havana

------

Iron Maiden
Ghost
Alice In Chains
Killswitch Engage
Coheed & Cambria

Slash feat. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators
Greta Van Fleet
Tremonti

Alkaline Trio

It's a good selection just I'd switch about a bit.

Slipknot playing their debut in full 8)

As much as I think Architects could and should sub, they’re going to play third down, aren’t they, because I don’t have the faith in DL to give them that push. If I’m being realistic I think this looks reasonable: 

Rammstein / Disturbed / Architects / Killswitch Engage / While She Sleeps 

Ghost 

Slipknot (performing ‘Slipknot’) / Slayer (final UK show) / Alice In Chains / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth 

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators 

Def Leppard (performing ‘Hysteria’) / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Clutch / Greta Van Fleet 

Trivium (performing ‘Ascendancy’) 

It feels like a lot of ‘x album in full’ sets but if that’s what bands want to do / are looking likely to be touring then that’s what they’ll play at DL. 

Edited by Andre91

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Slipknot playing their debut in full 8)

As much as I think Architects could and should sub, they’re going to play third down, aren’t they, because I don’t have the faith in DL to give them that push. If I’m being realistic I think this looks reasonable: 

Rammstein / Disturbed / Architects / Killswitch Engage / While She Sleeps 

Ghost 

Slipknot (performing ‘Slipknot’) / Slayer (final UK show) / Alice In Chains / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth 

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators 

Def Leppard (performing ‘Hysteria’) / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Clutch / Greta Van Fleet 

Trivium (performing ‘Ascendancy’) 

It feels like a lot of ‘x album in full’ sets but if that’s what bands want to do / are looking likely to be touring then that’s what they’ll play at DL. 

I don't think they'll clash Slash with Slipknot in full, unless they finish that stage before they start. 

Considering that those bands will finish (or almost finish) their new records before Download, it's likely that the majority of them could be a hint at this point? 

Well, except of A7X, Crüe and Hellyeah of course. Maybe RHCP could play but i really don't see it happening

41938664_2400296739998911_2509543721695969280_n.png

Edited by gabrielomachado

6 hours ago, Reece1617 said:

First Announcement for Download Melbourne,

Some pretty decent names but there wasn't much crossover between Download UK and Australia last year so not sure how telling this is for what we might get. 

download.jpg

Andy Black, curious. Could be a shout to turn up somewhere low on the main stage.

7 hours ago, LiamEP said:

Are korn really headline sized? If they did they’d have to put a big name or 2 under them I’d think.

Not to say they’ve not got the songs for it though I’d love them headlining.

Haven't they subbed like 4 times already? Don't think there's any issue with them getting the bump up to headline, it's overdue if anything. Strong sub regardless if they don't.

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Haven't they subbed like 4 times already? Don't think there's any issue with them getting the bump up to headline, it's overdue if anything. Strong sub regardless if they don't.

Subbed their last 2 appearances. Were 3rd down in 2013. A lot of people wondered what they'd done to be bumped to subs for 2016. 

4 hours ago, Jericode said:

Headlined Aussie Download, so why not U.K. by 2019?

If they get booked they will bump.