Download 2019

Steve1000

47 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Slash touring and no Midlands date. That's him at Download next year. I can't remember his slot last time, think he's likely to sub I'd imagine. 

Played 3rd down to KISS in 2015 below Motley Crue, that was World on Fire tour, this tour should be enough to get him to sub yes but he could just play 3rd or headline Zippo.

3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Slash touring and no Midlands date. That's him at Download next year. I can't remember his slot last time, think he's likely to sub I'd imagine. 

Long time no see! Agree with him likely being sub. Be nice to see him with a decent singer again :)  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Can he really sub off of those dates?, agreed though he'll be there.

I was thinking more along the lines, they've agreed to leave off a midlands date because his slot at Download will be substantial enough to warrant people going to Download instead, I guess 2nd stage headline would do it, but I think he's too big for that now, they seem to put smaller bands in that slot these days and 3rd down isn't a long enough slot.  Plus he's fresh off the back of the GNR revival.

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I was thinking more along the lines, they've agreed to leave off a midlands date because his slot at Download will be substantial enough to warrant people going to Download instead, I guess 2nd stage headline would do it, but I think he's too big for that now, they seem to put smaller bands in that slot these days and 3rd down isn't a long enough slot.  Plus he's fresh off the back of the GNR revival.

I get it but I don't think the revival helps his cause as it won't feature any of them and his credentials haven't been questioned. They'll do GNR songs like before but yes 2nd stage headliner is too low. I see 3rd down main, I think he's done his stint at the peak, had an arena tour etc unless he follows that again. Actually think Glastonbury will try to book him again tbh too. 

I don't think Shikari necessarily have a problem with Live Nation festivals. They haven't done one since 2015 yes, but since then they've had offers to headline 3 other festivals each year. Hevy Fest - 2016, Slam Dunk - 2017, 2000 Trees - 2018. Perhaps from their perspective they enjoy the prestige/longer set etc of headlining a smaller festival than another 2nd stage headline/3rd down at DL or 3rd/4th down slot at a R+L. I'd be amazed if they weren't at R+L or DL next summer. 

48 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Architects are teasing something. A clip on their site and they’ve wiped their Instagram. 

Yeah, I saw that this morning, exciting stuff.

Ghost have announced a European tour in February and have no UK dates yet, I thought they would have announced some considering it's the day after their Royal Albert Hall show.

The rumour going round is that a new Architects album and tour is going to be announced in Kerrang! on Wednesday. They’ve also apparently been advertised to play a show in Prague on 31/01/19 with Beartooth and Polaris supporting so I’m guessing the album will come in January as well as the UK / EU tour in Jan-Feb too. Arenas in the UK, obviously. Super exciting stuff.

They’ve got to be nailed on for a big slot at Download next year. 

Edited by Andre91

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The rumour going round is that a new Architects album and tour is going to be announced in Kerrang! on Wednesday. They’ve also apparently been advertised to play a show in Prague on 31/01/19 with Beartooth and Polaris supporting so I’m guessing the album will come in January as well as the UK / EU tour in Jan-Feb too. Arenas in the UK, obviously. Super exciting stuff.

They’ve got to be nailed on for a big slot at Download next year. 

Touring with Beartooth and Polaris would be fantastic. So excited for this new Architects stuff.

Friday

Main Stage: The Prodigy, Pendulum, Enter Shikari, Killswitch Engage, Red Fang, Suicidal Tendencies, Astroid Boys

Second Stage: Architects, Beartooth, The Story So Far, FIDLAR

Avalanche: Alkaline Trio, The Damned, Creeper, Gnarwolves.

Saturday

Main Stage: Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Ghost, Gorijira, The Hives, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Greta Van Fleet, Puppy

Second Stage: Five Finger Death Punch, Coheed & Cambria, While She Sleeps Rolo Tomassi.

Avalanche: State Champs, La Dispute,Black Foxxes, Scarlxrd

Sunday

Main Stage: Greenday, Nine Inch Nails, Rancid, Slaves, The Interrupters, Basement, Idles, Milk Teeth.

Second Stage: Mastodon, Rival Sons,Zach De La Rocha, Every Time I Die.

Avalanche: Descendants, Flogging Molly, Turnstile, Clowns.

Edited by Alex Winstone
  • Downvote 2

I really do think Architects will sub on the back of that tour. No midlands date at all adds fuel to the a big slot fire. They wouldn’t have played for 6 years by the time DL 2019 rolls around and they’ve absolutely exploded in size since then. I think the demand is there. The amount of Architects merch on display at DL this year was unbelievable. It felt like you were never out of sight of their logo the entire weekend. 

Also, when A7X subbed in 2011 they had just done a co-headline tour with Stone Sour of academies. When they first headlined in 2013 they had played just the 3 arenas in the UK. 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I reckon they could sub but if you've got Slayer, Priest, Deftones and FFDP touring then I doubt Andy would bin one of them just to bump them up. Still, can't wait for the new track tomorrow. Well excited for these boys future.

Do you not think that they’re bigger than Deftones with a tour like that? I think the subs will be: 

Architects, Slayer and Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators (I’m certain their name gets longer with every touring cycle). 

Architects are no way as big as Deftones. I can't see them subbing but then again I don't really get them so maybe I'm biased. If they get the slot then I'll have to check them out again. They had a very empty subdued crowd in Leeds 17 though and can't see that they've grown much bigger since.

13 minutes ago, devilman said:

Architects are no way as big as Deftones. I can't see them subbing but then again I don't really get them so maybe I'm biased. If they get the slot then I'll have to check them out again. They had a very empty subdued crowd in Leeds 17 though and can't see that they've grown much bigger since.

I agree they aren't as big as Deftones since this tours around the same as Deftones' last, and they're generally a smaller, less well known and mainstream band.

Obviously the crowd at Leeds was going to be a complete shitter, what did you expect? It'll be massively different at Download, and since then they've released their biggest song, sold out Ally Pally and are about to drop this tour and a single tomorrow. What else can they do in a year? 

Edited by Steve1000

I'd say they've actually grown a fair bit since they played Reading & Leeds, I saw them at Leeds and was disappointed with the turnout but it's come to be expected for rock and metal acts at that festival to get tiny crowds. They would go down a lot better at Download.

Edit- what Steve said 

Edited by Reece1617