Download 2019

Steve1000

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Deftones aren’t a consistent arena band. They might have played a Wembley or an Ally Pally recently on a tour but they are nowhere near as big as other bands who headline each year. However, if Download was to ever have co-headliners like Reading & Leeds do, Deftones co-headlining with KoRn would be a decent booking for me. 

Well thats something we can agree on Korn Deftones joint show would actually be in a pretty good shout.

Friday: Korn, Deftones, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Architects, While She Sleeps, Employed to Serve

Saturday: Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone age, Royal Blood, Ghost, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizzard, Puppy

Sunday: Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Enter Shikari, Rival Sons, Skindred, Basement, Bat Sabbath

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Friday: Korn, Deftones, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Architects, While She Sleeps, Employed to Serve

Saturday: Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone age, Royal Blood, Ghost, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizzard, Puppy

Sunday: Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Enter Shikari, Rival Sons, Skindred, Basement, Bat Sabbath

Foo Fighters, QOTSA, and Royal Blood are all big enough to be outright headliners. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Don't think this would ever happen over in the UK, The Original Misfits as a headline act? I think there headline worthy but I think they would be a second stage headliner

Not a chance. As awesome as it would be to see those guys playing those songs all together, the Misfits have never been as much of a thing over here as they were in the USA. Also, they’re apparently charging the Earth per show according to a couple of people on different podcasts, so it says doesn’t seem likely that their reunion will ever come over here. 

Was about to wonder if we'd had the Pumpkins touted as a shout. Given their only UK date looks set to be Wembley Arena - and a Wembley Arena show yet to sell out - I had wondered about their viability as a headline act.

But I guess, given their general reputation, that headline seems the logical placement if they play. Reckon it could be here or APE/Latitude.

Can't see it being the full reunion show either - perhaps something like this...

1.    Disarm
2.    Rocket
3.    Siva
4.    Rhinoceros
5.    Space Oddity
6.    Drown
7.    Zero
8.   The Everlasting Gaze
9.   Stand Inside Your Love
10.   Thirty-Three
11.   Mayonaise
12.   Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
13.   Landslide
14.   Tonight, Tonight
15.   Stairway to Heaven
16.   Cherub Rock
17.   1979
18.   Ava Adore
19.   Try, Try, Try
20.   The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning
21.   Hummer
22.   Today
23.   Bullet With Butterfly Wings
24.   Solara

Prodigy / Pendulum / Enter Shikari
Slipknot / Slayer / Disturbed
Green Day / Offspring / Rise Against

With Ghost, Don Broco and Lamb of God headlining second, respectively.

Don't know whether Disturbed would take third again or push for sub and Shikari and Pendulum could arguably be switched. Just went with Pendulum subbing on rarity for UK shows.

14 hours ago, Jericode said:

Prodigy / Pendulum / Enter Shikari
Slipknot / Slayer / Disturbed
Green Day / Offspring / Rise Against

With Ghost, Don Broco and Lamb of God headlining second, respectively.

Don't know whether Disturbed would take third again or push for sub and Shikari and Pendulum could arguably be switched. Just went with Pendulum subbing on rarity for UK shows.

I'd say Disturbed under The Prodigy with Pendulum opposite Slipknot on 2nd. I don't want that and I'd put them above 2nd hesdline but I think they need the darkness for their set and funding wise it would make sense for the fest to split Prodigy and Pendulum days unless that's how they requested it. 

I'm hoping they play Glastonbury tbh and it would be great to push them too.

1 minute ago, battleborn said:

Funding wise Pendulum and the Prodigy together are a bigger draw than either on their own.

Disturbed would have to sub, they're future headliners and would want to see their trajectory heading that way. 

They aren't future headliners. 

With Prodigy and Or Pendulum on different days punters will have to pay for both day if they want to see both. 

23 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Rise Against headlined the Zippo stage last year, they aren't coming back so soon. 

So they did, totally missed that skimming the wiki page.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd say Disturbed under The Prodigy with Pendulum opposite Slipknot on 2nd. I don't want that and I'd put them above 2nd hesdline but I think they need the darkness for their set and funding wise it would make sense for the fest to split Prodigy and Pendulum days unless that's how they requested it. 

I'm hoping they play Glastonbury tbh and it would be great to push them too.

Can easily be rearranged, just figured loading the top three for each and spreading the genres below the undercard would balance it nicely.

Slightly reworked:

Fri: Green Day / Offspring / Alkaline Trio
Ghost

Sat: Slipknot / Slayer / Halestorm
Don Broco

Sun: Prodigy / Enter Shikari / Pendulum
Disturbed

Main: The Prodigy / Enter Shikari / Architects / Skindred / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Cane Hill 

Zippo: Ghost / Alestorm 

Avalanche: New Found Glory 

Dogtooth: Carcass 

Main: Slipknot / Slayer (final UK show) / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Suicide SIlence / Power Trip 

Zippo: Alice In Chains / Clutch 

Avalanche: Beartooth 

Dogtooth: Children of Bodom 

Main: Def Leppard / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Zippo: Disturbed / Killswitch Engage 

Avalanche: Dropkick Murphy's 

Dogtooth: Deafheaven 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Main: The Prodigy / Enter Shikari / Architects / Skindred / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Cane Hill 

Main: Slipknot / Slayer (final UK show) / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Suicide SIlence / Power Trip 

Main: Def Leppard / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Subtract Def Leopard and you've got yourself a lineup

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Make it so! I've always wanted to do a "2nd stage for all the headliners" Download but never managed more than one in a weekend. The only clash that would really hurt would be AIC/Slipknot but AIC are winning :) 

• Like 1

Maybe I've got my tinfoil hat on here but I think Shikari have not played a Live Nation festival since 2015, maybe they just don't like LN. It could be that they've just prefer to hit smaller independent festivals, which includes their 2 biggest competitors for Download and R&L, and tour a ton with their own shows instead but I can't see them playing in 2019. 

• Upvote 1

Why Prodge or Leppard? That's last years Victorious headliner, and then Leppard would plainly be a terrible choice.

I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed that Rammstein, Maiden and Kiss will be touring, so whilst any 3 of them and Slipknot wouldn't exactly be groundbreaking, it'd certainly sell a hell of a lot better. I reckon Rammstein, Slipknot and Kiss.

Edited by Steve1000
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, justanothername said:

Maybe I've got my tinfoil hat on here but I think Shikari have not played a Live Nation festival since 2015, maybe they just don't like LN. It could be that they've just prefer to hit smaller independent festivals, which includes their 2 biggest competitors for Download and R&L, and tour a ton with their own shows instead but I can't see them playing in 2019. 

Hmm yeah that is something when you think about it really. I don’t know. I thought they would have played this year seeing how they were in Europe around DL and it was their first festival season touring The Spark. I just think they’d fit so well under Prodge that it would make sense for them to play. I know that’s not how things work but you know :lol: 

Edited by Andre91

56 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Hmm yeah that is something when you think about it really. I don’t know. I thought they would have played this year seeing how they were in Europe around DL and it was their first festival season touring The Spark. I just think they’d fit so well under Prodge that it would make sense for them to play. I know that’s not how things work but you know :lol: 

Yeah, I would have expected them to play this year as well really. Especially at R&L given how The Spark is going in more of mainstream sound. I just don't think they care anymore about getting any bigger. They can still sell well in decent size venues and still have large creative freedom other many things. I think they also really enjoy the sound set up. They had it at Trees and they had it at Boomtown so maybe that is a deciding factor for them as well and I don't think Download or R&L will give them it. Anyway, Shikari will have rinsed this album by the time of Download comes around. Would have done an arena/large academy tour, two festivals and they've got this massive academy tour that goes from December to February. Can't see much draw for them since anyone who will want to have seen will have. I didn't even like The Spark that much but I've seen them twice already (with a Rou solo set aswell) and probably going to see them a 3rd and maybe 4th at the start of the year.

5 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Why Prodge or Leppard? That's last years Victorious headliner, and then Leppard would plainly be a terrible choice.

I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed that Rammstein, Maiden and Kiss will be touring, so whilst any 3 of them and Slipknot wouldn't exactly be groundbreaking, it'd certainly sell a hell of a lot better. I reckon Rammstein, Slipknot and Kiss.

Rammstein, Slipknot was my guess so be fair. I actually think Def Leppard would be weak. The Prodigy are doing fairly well on selling their arena tour and to be fair Victorious is at least 60k now. I do get though that co-headliner at a major fest should be the best they get but then no other fest was booking them to headline for years bar Download and IOW....Cream did but it's different there.