Download 2019

Steve1000

2 hours ago, BlackCrow said:

OK

THIS WILL BE THE LINEUP FOR 2019:

FRIDAY: Joan Jett and the Black Hearts

SATURDAY: Pixies (Doolittle 30th anniversary)

SUNDAY: Slayer BECAUSE they NEED the BUMP UP

I understand I have a new account but my predications are still JUST as VALID as Before, and NO ONE CAN DISMAY MY ACTIONS ON THIS CHAT.

pleasure to be back.   

This the Soni line up yah? Before it gets cancelled again.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Tbf I do just love making up fictitious tour dates and putting them on tour posters and on official websites. You know a thing or two about being fictitious so you should understand. 

No Idea why you have such a worm up your ass about this, my predictions are as real as your absence from reality seems to be.

Some of my Greatest colleagues know about gigs and dates that the average researcher would never behold.

Factitious is more like it chum, i always use just fundamentals when predicting as well as this additional help from my brilliant group of colleagues.    

• Downvote 2

I suspect this isn't the same Black Crow. The bullshit levels are as high but it's had a personality transplant from fucktard to arrogant shitgibbon. I suspect another gazza personality. If Mettalicbear comes along to back itself up though I'll be proved wrong.

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Big rumour coming out of the Metallica forums that they are playing Slane Castle on June 8th 2019. 

If that’s the case and they’re in the area the weekend before, could that put them back in the frame for DL?  

It's Not the Case. Metallica's last chance to headline was 2017.

They will never headline download again.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, devilman said:

I suspect this isn't the same Black Crow. The bullshit levels are as high but it's had a personality transplant from fucktard to arrogant shitgibbon. I suspect another gazza personality. If Mettalicbear comes along to back itself up though I'll be proved wrong.

I'm assuming that you think your shit doesn't stink at all either bean boy?

There can only one of me just like your imposing rectum, Metallicbear is Curarized and Crying in Willits of Waste.  

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Big rumour coming out of the Metallica forums that they are playing Slane Castle on June 8th 2019. 

If that’s the case and they’re in the area the weekend before, could that put them back in the frame for DL?  

Didn't G&R do something similar last year? 

20 hours ago, huntyyy said:

But what you're forgetting is that Download is a Rock festival not a Metal festival.

tbf although he's an arse, it is much closer to a rock and metal. A7X, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Rammstein, B4MV and Volbeat are all metal bands, mostly heavy metal. The Dogtooth stage is a metal stage and Meshuggah for example are metal, as are Bury Tomorrow and Kreator. If there was more metal around that was seen as more accessible there would be more too. 

On 8/31/2018 at 3:42 PM, huntyyy said:

But what you're forgetting is that Download is a Rock festival not a Metal festival.

I know full well its a rock festival, that's why I think QOTSA should headline before BMTH.

Metal falls under the umbrella of rock and donnington is the "home of rock"

Deftones and Queens are both more than big enough to headline and have enough of a back catalogue. Should be given the bump next.

Edited by Xeph1995

20 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

I know full well its a rock festival, that's why I think QOTSA should headline before BMTH.

Metal falls under the umbrella of rock and donnington is the "home of rock"

Deftones and Queens are both more than big enough to headline and have enough of a back catalogue. Should be given the bump next.

Deftones aren’t big enough to headline at all. 

1 hour ago, dannymichaels said:

They're more suited for R&L but it hasn't stopped bands like The Prodigy and Muse headlining.

The Prodigy and Muse aren't pop bands. Well Muse weren't until recently and tbh I think Copping just wanted them to say it was done...it will never be done again

R&L will book them in some capacity and they'll probably have a chance at doing co-headline with them if BMTH's tour doesn't sell as well as expected maybe and there is no other competition fest wise for them. It's not like IOW are going to suddenly offer them headline and Rize is too poppy for the other heavier material that would be involved in the set.

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Deftones aren’t big enough to headline at all. 

Deftones headlined a tour playing some of the same arenas as system of a down did on their comeback wake up the souls tour, I saw them both. They are definitely big enough. Wembley Arena is where I saw them both, both sold out IIRC. Both crowds where huge. I dont know how you can say they arent big enough.

Edited by Xeph1995

18 hours ago, thewayiam said:

The Prodigy and Muse aren't pop bands. Well Muse weren't until recently and tbh I think Copping just wanted them to say it was done...it will never be done again

Muse actually put on a sick show at download I thought was a good set list, even played a heavy b side that wasnt planned because they enjoyed it so much. better booking than BMTH would ever be, I wouldnt put it passed copping to book them again in the next 10 years.

Edited by Xeph1995

4 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Deftones headlined a tour playing some of the same arenas as system of a down did on their comeback wake up the souls tour, I saw them both. They are defiantly big enough. Wembley Arena is where I saw them both, both sold out IIRC. Both crowds where huge. I dont know how you can say they arent big enough.

Deftones aren’t a consistent arena band. They might have played a Wembley or an Ally Pally recently on a tour but they are nowhere near as big as other bands who headline each year. However, if Download was to ever have co-headliners like Reading & Leeds do, Deftones co-headlining with KoRn would be a decent booking for me. 

Edited by Andre91