Download 2019

Steve1000

47 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I just wanna see Tool headline.... please copping id sacrifice my first born for that. 

Also Deftones deserve a headline slot before anyone else, deftones are multitudes better than a7x will ever bee but where given the bump? Wtf is that.

Better? Most certainly. As commerically successful? Sadly not. 'Deserve' doesn't really come into it. 

Tool I agree on, if they're available book them. Though I would prefer a proper UK tour, it's not dark enough at Download to get the full effect of their show. 

I'm thinking the headliners at this point will either be-

BMTH/Slipknot/AC/DC

or BMTH/Slipknot/Rammstein

Don't see def leppard EVER playing download because they get weaker with age, and they are always 1 note with their live shows. in 2009 and 2011 they had enough energy to deliver an actual set, unlike their 60 year old karaoke sessions they have now. A band like AC/DC or Metallica on the other hand are always breaking water with their shows, more flame and rocket than anyone can keep in their pants.

MCR and Maiden are more of a stretch to me but not unrealistic. MCR would be great to have back but i just don't see them doing festivals like download so soon in a tour, i'd like to think that they'ed end their reunion shows with a spot like download and play fests like reading or coachella 1st. Maiden are a little weak i think considering the Legacy tour, once they have new music or call a farewell they'll be download worthy, but i dont see that happening next year.

AC/DC or Rammstein really speak to Copping both as they are both explosive dependable mature headliners, unlike the Def Pussies.

No need to explain BMTH and Slipknot.

9 minutes ago, RockCatNamedBob said:

No need to explain BMTH and Slipknot.

What?? Your gunna have to explain BMTH to me there actually terrible 2nd rate kiddy metal, not to mention their lead singer is vile human who spits andd puts cigs out on his fans. 

Would be joint 2nd worse download headliner of all time with MCR who got bottled the whole set.

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

What?? Your gunna have to explain BMTH to me there actually terrible 2nd rate kiddy metal, not to mention their lead singer is vile human who spits andd puts cigs out on his fans. 

Would be joint 2nd worse download headliner of all time with MCR who got bottled the whole set.

BMTH are #cancelled guys so they can’t headline Download next year. Damn. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

I'm interested in getting into 1st rate kiddy metal, any suggestions?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I'm interested in getting into 1st rate kiddy metal, any suggestions?

Kiddy metal isnt first rate thats the point. Its sad when a band like Gojira just headlined bloodstock and put on a phenomenal set and show arent gunna headline download anytime soon while people honestly want too BMTH. Deftones should have thre bump up to headline before BMTH. Hell even QOTSA are a better shout.

Edited by Xeph1995

10 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

From multiple sources (my friend included) said that the haters rammed their way to the front to throw bottles, hurting quite a lot of innocent people in the process. But after like two songs they effed off to Korn and the actual fans moved closer.

7 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

From multiple sources (my friend included) said that the haters rammed their way to the front to throw bottles, hurting quite a lot of innocent people in the process. But after like two songs they effed off to Korn and the actual fans moved closer.

It was absolutely pathetic behaviour and the kind that makes the outside world think we are a bunch of intolerant freaks. If you don’t like a band, you don’t go to watch them. You don’t turn up and try and ruin for people who want to enjoy themselves. Thankfully, I don’t think that kind of behaviour would wash at Download these days. 

23 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Kiddy metal isnt first rate thats the point. Its sad when a band like Gojira just headlined bloodstock and put on a phenomenal set and show arent gunna headline download anytime soon while people honestly want too BMTH. Deftones should have thre bump up to headline before BMTH. Hell even QOTSA are a better shout.

:lol:

I think the tragic thing is that so many people actually think this way.

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’s that kind of thinking that’d see DL die on its arse within 5 years if they got their way :lol: 

An issue with that is that just because you put on a great show doesn't make you headliner sized, it may introduce more fans to your band but it's a little different.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:19 PM, Xeph1995 said:

But how can you have second rate kiddy metal if first rate kiddy metal doesn't exist? I'm confused

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s that kind of thinking that’d see DL die on its arse within 5 years if they got their way :lol: 

Thats funny because hellfest seems to be doing okay..

Consistently better line ups each year. You will never see BMTH headline that, that's because European crowds like better music so ..

Edited by Xeph1995

19 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Consistently better line ups each year. You will never see BMTH headline that, that's because European crowds like better music so ..

BMTH subbed one of the main stages like two years ago, based on them moving up everytime they play you could say that they could headline eventually. Im not saying they will but I'm saying the point you are trying to make does not really work.

Edited by tbrock
I didn't realize they had only played Hellfest once, but subbing the first time makes my point stronger I think.

15 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

BMTH aren’t just big in the UK, they’re getting big everywhere. They’re playing the Inglewood Forum in LA, for example, which is 17,500. That’s mental. 

You’re spewing a load of old rubbish, chap. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Good thing Hellfest is in France. Even then, they still give bands massive to that region headline slots. They're not taking chances on anyone lol

19 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Because 2nd rate metal is kiddy metal? I dont know how hard that is too grasp

Hang on, but you said

On 8/28/2018 at 2:05 PM, Xeph1995 said:

Which would imply that first rate kiddy metal exists. Your words not mine

Edited by justanothername

OK

THIS WILL BE THE LINEUP FOR 2019:

FRIDAY: Joan Jett and the Black Hearts

SATURDAY: Pixies (Doolittle 30th anniversary)

SUNDAY: Slayer BECAUSE they NEED the BUMP UP

I understand I have a new account but my predications are still JUST as VALID as Before, and NO ONE CAN DISMAY MY ACTIONS ON THIS CHAT.

pleasure to be back.   

• Downvote 1