Download 2019

Steve1000

Ghost sold out the Royal Albert Hall in under an hour. It's likely they will follow this with a 2019 tour and I wouldn't be surprised if they took on Arenas. I really can see them as potential headliners in the next few years...

In regards to Slayer, could they headline Bloodstock instead and bypass Download entirely? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Reece1617 said:

Ghost sold out the Royal Albert Hall in under an hour. It's likely they will follow this with a 2019 tour and I wouldn't be surprised if they took on Arenas. I really can see them as potential headliners in the next few years...

In regards to Slayer, could they headline Bloodstock instead and bypass Download entirely? 

Nearly every band that play Royal Albert Hall sell it out in under an hour....It's no that big.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Nearly every band that play Royal Albert Hall sell it out in under an hour....It's no that big.

This is true. I thought they'd play Alexandra Palace and was expecting an instant seller at the RAH. Imaginably the next tour will be the likes of Alexandra Palace, Manchester Apollo, maybe some smaller arenas like Cardiff Motorpoint or whatever but I don't think they'll be onto the O2 and Manchester Arena in under a year. And I don't think they'll sub.

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

This is true. I thought they'd play Alexandra Palace and was expecting an instant seller at the RAH. Imaginably the next tour will be the likes of Alexandra Palace, Manchester Apollo, maybe some smaller arenas like Cardiff Motorpoint or whatever but I don't think they'll be onto the O2 and Manchester Arena in under a year. And I don't think they'll sub.

Ghost will headline 2nd/3rd down Pyramid I think, I'm not a fan personally but that's me. People will favour the former due to darkness, subbing is a massive stretch....even in a year when GNR played they had a just about arena band in BSC below them but this year was the year that if the card did lack then they might just push Ghost but that won't happen again for a long time.

Bring Me The Horizon / Five Finger Death Punch / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Cane Hill 

Ghost / Gojira 

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Suicide Silence / Power Trip 

Don Broco / Motionless In White 

KISS / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / The Raven Age 

Alice In Chains / Clutch 

Avalanche: Glassjaw, Dropkick Murphy’s, New Found Glory 

Dogtooth: Carcass, Periphery, The Black Dahlia Murder 

I think having FFDP below BMTH is a good way of ensuring that a lot people are there at the main stage for BMTH, for the beginning of their set, at least, until they realise how much of a better option Ghost is :P 

23 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Bring Me The Horizon / Five Finger Death Punch / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Cane Hill 

Ghost / Gojira 

Slipknot / Slayer / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Suicide Silence / Power Trip 

Don Broco / Motionless In White 

KISS / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / The Raven Age 

Alice In Chains / Clutch 

Avalanche: Glassjaw, Dropkick Murphy’s, New Found Glory 

Dogtooth: Carcass, Periphery, The Black Dahlia Murder 

I think having FFDP below BMTH is a good way of ensuring that a lot people are there at the main stage for BMTH, for the beginning of their set, at least, until they realise how much of a better option Ghost is :P 

I think it's a good shout but I still don't see BMTH being there. I also don't see fans of them being bothered with Ghost on a large scale but that's me. 

Slayer have announced hellfest for next year which is a week after download so I can’t see them not being at download and because it will be their last festival tour I could see it being the big four on the Saturday as James from Metallica mentioned a big four festival tour on Twitter last year.

Edited by LTFC12345

1 hour ago, LTFC12345 said:

Slayer have announced hellfest for next year which is a week after download so I can’t see them not being at download and because it will be their last festival tour I could see it being the big four on the Saturday as James from Metallica mentioned a big four festival tour on Twitter last year.

am not sure if they gona make download cause they already headline zippo stage at 2017 so i can think they could make bloodstock insted

• 2 weeks later...

Before anyone says this is unrealistic - this is what i'd like rather than what i'm predicting:

Pearl Jam / Smashing Pumpkins / Alice in Chains / Mudhoney / Dinosaur Jr

Prophets of Rage

Metallica (or Slipknot) / Slayer / Megadeth / Anthrax / Testament / Exodus / Onslaught / Napalm Death 

Bullet for my Valentine / Lamb of God

Van Halen / Poison / Billy Idol / Stone Temple Pilots

Ghost 

though reading the Legacy of the Beast setlist be happy with Maiden (again!) and of course Tool would be fantastic

• Upvote 1

Bring Me The Horizon / Five Finger Death Punch / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Bury Tomorrow / State Champs / Cane Hill 

Alice In Chains / Clutch 

Beartooth 

Carcass 

Slipknot (playing ‘Slipknot’ in full) / Slayer (final UK show) / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Suicide Silence / Power Trip 

Ghost / Gojira 

Dropkick Murphy’s 

Children of Bodom 

KISS / Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Alkaline Trio / The Distillers 

The Story So Far 

Crossfaith 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Slipknot (playing ‘Slipknot’ in full)

As sick as this would be, I can't really see them bothering with it if they have a new album to promote by that point. I think they're more likely to do the 'Slipknot in full' on their own tour. 

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Bring Me The Horizon / Five Finger Death Punch / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Bury Tomorrow / State Champs / Cane Hill 

Alice In Chains / Clutch 

Beartooth 

Carcass 

Slipknot (playing ‘Slipknot’ in full) / Slayer (final UK show) / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Suicide Silence / Power Trip 

Ghost / Gojira 

Dropkick Murphy’s 

Children of Bodom 

KISS / Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators / Halestorm / Stone Temple Pilots / Coheed and Cambria / Tremonti / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Alkaline Trio / The Distillers ?

The Story So Far 

Crossfaith 

Just clear the rest haha 

tool/five finger death punch/disturbed/halestorm/dropkick murphys

manowar/papa roach

rammstein/judas priest/limp bizkit/kilswitch engage/godsmack/amon amarth

slash ft myles kennedy & the conspirators/breaking benjamin

metallica/slayer/megadeth/anhtrax/arch enemy/three days grace

nightwish/tenacious d

On 7/25/2018 at 6:03 PM, Reece1617 said:

As sick as this would be, I can't really see them bothering with it if they have a new album to promote by that point. I think they're more likely to do the 'Slipknot in full' on their own tour. 

I honestly seeing them doing Slipknot in full at select festivals and doing a tour to promote their new album tbh. Like Slipknot in full at select festivals in the Summer and then a full UK tour late next year or early 2020.