Download 2019

Steve1000

12 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

AC's said he's already offered out a headline spot for 2020 so that's gotta be Metallica. 

Not necessarily. Could be a newbie based on crowd reaction this year. I've still got a sneaky suspicion (and hope) that it's Parkway Drive. They're packing arenas and stadiums across Europe as I type this. And their Sat night second stage headline this year was incredible. Crowd was more involved than for anything else I saw all weekend. But I mean, this is all conjecture right!

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Seems that the last album came with an arena tour and then Sonisphere that summer. Don't see why it'd be any different for Download. Feels more appropriate than Maiden anyroad, given that they'll be coming off two arena tours and no new album.

Ah okay hope it will happen, yet to see them yet wouldn't mind seeing them on an arena tour and Download festival though

Edited by MattysMilk

18 hours ago, stuartmlambert said:

Not necessarily. Could be a newbie based on crowd reaction this year. I've still got a sneaky suspicion (and hope) that it's Parkway Drive. They're packing arenas and stadiums across Europe as I type this. And their Sat night second stage headline this year was incredible. Crowd was more involved than for anything else I saw all weekend. But I mean, this is all conjecture right!

The interview when he said it was before the festival but I'm with you that Parkway Drive are heading that way.

Parkway Drive are absolutely on their way to headlining. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are big enough for it on their next album cycle, so probably looking at 4 years away at least.

I’m going to put down my three headliners for 2019 as of now just incase I end up being on the money this far out :lol: 

Bring Me The Horizon, Rammstein, KISS. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep, that’s got to be nailed on now.

Subbing Slipknot doing their debut in full for its 20th anniversary. Corey made a little hint at it the other day in an interview by saying something like ‘2019 also happens to be the 20th anniversary of our debut record. Shit is about to get fucking real again. Take from that what you will’ 

I’m starting to think BMTH will be at R&L instead now and it’ll be another case of DL getting the biggest headliners around (Rammstein, Slipknot, one other) like in 2016 when they got Rammstein over BMTH.

Rammstein, Slipknot, KISS (final UK show). 

Also, Frank Turner is doing another huge arena tour at the beginning of the year. I could see him being a second stage headliner at DL maybe unless R&L get him in a big slot. The guy is constantly touring; I find the demand to see him live astounding. 

Edited by Andre91

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Subbing Slipknot doing their debut in full for its 20th anniversary. Corey made a little hint at it the other day in an interview by saying something like ‘2019 also happens to be the 20th anniversary of our debut record. Shit is about to get fucking real again. Take from that what you will’ 

I’m starting to think BMTH will be at R&L instead now and it’ll be another case of DL getting the biggest headliners around (Rammstein, Slipknot, one other) like in 2016 when they got Rammstein over BMTH.

Also, Frank Turner is doing another huge arena tour at the beginning of the year. I could see him being a second stage headliner at DL maybe unless R&L get him in a big slot. The guy is constantly touring; I find the demand to see him live astounding. 

Kiss were horrific couple of years back.  Think Rammstein and Slipknot are decent shouts and I'd suspect Metallica will be the the 3rd

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Would be weird for Slipknot to do album in full shows at festivals when they’re just about to do an album campaign. Think it’s more likely that they do a few album in full shows and the new album at fests rather than vice verse.

That Frank Turner tour has been on sale for months; the announcement was the rather large support. So the demand can’t be that astonishing. I was thinking Jimmy Eat World and Frank Turner were both second stage headliners so might have to rethink that.

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

He's not doing 2nd stage headliner if he's going arenas, no 2nd stage headliner does that now. Arena would make him a sub surely, I don't think he is myself but to announce JEW as your support when they would only play a slot lower than him in fairness says they need the sales.

I think you'll pick up a ticket very cheap for this later on and I might well do even though I saw JEW at Slam Dunk . 

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

A second stage sub did this year.

No, Parkway Drive headlined it and then went onto announce a couple of arena dates, Frank's is huge.

Also, neither of Hell is for Heroes, Baby Metal or Alexisonfire are arena bands. I'm fairly sure Baby Metal didn't and if they did their novelty will wear.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

No, Parkway Drive headlined it and then went onto announce a couple of arena dates, Frank's is huge.

Also, neither of Hell is for Heroes, Baby Metal or Alexisonfire are arena bands. I'm fairly sure Baby Metal didn't and if they did their novelty will wear.

Yeah Babymetal was who I meant, they did Wembley.

Slipknot are in the demo stages of a new album at the moment. I can’t see them having a new album out in time for DL 2019 so I can see them doing a run playing their debut album in full at European festivals or something, especially after Corey’s vague comments in that recent interview.

Then what are they gonna do when they release their new album?

re: Frank Turner. He was doing support slots in arenas last year and taking second stage non-headline slots at much smaller festivals than Download. The arena tour he’s doing is clearly too ambitious so they’ve added a big support act. The suggestion of him subbing is kinda laughable, no offence.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Then what are they gonna do when they release their new album?

re: Frank Turner. He was doing support slots in arenas last year and taking second stage non-headline slots at much smaller festivals than Download. The arena tour he’s doing is clearly too ambitious so they’ve added a big support act. The suggestion of him subbing is kinda laughable, no offence.

Own UK tour? R&L, perhaps. 

The Frank tour only came to my attention last night when I saw that JEW had been added.