Download 2019

Steve1000

48 minutes ago, battleborn said:

They've got dates up until the 8th of December. Chance of more being added afterwards.

Just looked it up and there are talks of it ending in 2019/2020 so I guess they could be a possibility though I'm not sure how big of a draw would a final ever UK show be.

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

My Chemical Romance / Enter Shikari / Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps / State Champs / Milk Teeth 

Ghost / Behemoth 

Slipknot / Five Finger Death Punch / Trivium / Lamb of God / Coheed and Cambria / Code Orange / Power Trip / Cane Hill 

Within Temptation / Alestorm 

KISS / Judas Priest / Halestorm / Clutch / Amon Amarth / Arch Enemy / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown / The Raven Age

Killswitch Engage / Gojira

I considered having Don Broco as a second stage headliner. 

Liking that Friday. One massive dose of nostalgia on the main there.

4 hours ago, antros23 said:

tool/limp bizkit/nightwish/godsmack/papa roach

tenacious d/ breaking benjamin

rammstein/disturbed/slash feat myles kennedy/three days grace/amon amarth

ghost/gojira

metallica/judas priest/five finger death punch/halestorm/seether

slayer/enter shikari

FFDP will be subbing next time they play, and I feel like Halestorm might get 3rd at this point. 3DG and Godsmack wouldn't get that high in the UK. Nightwish would be above Bizkit, and Shikari would be headlining the second stage.

15 hours ago, battleborn said:

Maybe something like: 

Headliners: Bring Me the Horizon / Metallica / Slipknot 

Sub-Headliners: Enter Shikari / Anthrax  / Five Finger Death Punch

Zippo Headliners Ghost / Architects / Don Broco

Avalanche Headliners Reel Big Fish / Taking Back Sunday / Code Orange

Elsewhere on the Bill: Zeal and Ardour / The Darkness / Alestorm / Higher Power / Cannibal Corpse / Tonight Alive / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Ghost / Machine Head / 

I don't think we'll see Machine Head. They've given up festivals to focus on their "An Evening With..." concept which has been really successful for them. I saw the recent gig at the Roundhouse having followed their every tour since Burn My Eyes. It was incredible. 3 hours of MH! Even got a five star write up in The Guardian of all places!

On 6/14/2018 at 10:52 AM, battleborn said:

I do think Parkway will headline but not next year, doubt they'll even be on the bill next year unless a similar band screams out for them as main stage subs. You don't want to force a band upwards and bringing them back to headline the following year on the back of an admittedly amazing 2nd stage set would be too soon. If they keep up the momentum and bang out another Reverence, they'll headline 2020. 

That'd suit me!

In any case I've just booked RIP tickets for 2019 so whoever plays it's gonna be awesome

20 hours ago, battleborn said:

Maybe something like: 

Headliners: Bring Me the Horizon / Metallica / Slipknot 

Sub-Headliners: Enter Shikari / Anthrax  / Five Finger Death Punch

Zippo Headliners Ghost / Architects / Don Broco

Avalanche Headliners Reel Big Fish / Taking Back Sunday / Code Orange

Elsewhere on the Bill: Zeal and Ardour / The Darkness / Alestorm / Higher Power / Cannibal Corpse / Tonight Alive / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Ghost / Machine Head / 

Anthrax aren't nearly big enough to sub, and I doubt we'll see Metallica or Machine Head but aside from that it seems realistic. Apart from Ghost twice. And 'Zeal and Ardour' :P

16 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I could see Zeal and Ardor taking the WTF Starcrawler slot at 11am in the morning. That bottom one isn't in any particular order. It's interesting music if bizarre. Unless you're pointing out the spelling mistake in which case fair play.

Yeah was just joking about the spelling mistake. Aoty so far for me, fucking love em.

12 minutes ago, antros23 said:

i heard that thrash metal big four are planning to tour next year. maybe we can have a sunday like

metallica/slayer/megadeth/anthrax ?

Metallica are coming to the end of Hardwired for Destruction tour, however no-ones quite sure if they'll play stadiums or festivals next summer. So they're in the running.

Slayer are on a retirement tour that no-ones quite sure when it will end but could go through to mid summer. So they're in the running.

Megadeth are likely to have an album out next year, which makes them touring plausible.

Anthrax are currently supporting Slayer on their farewell tour until December so are unlikely to start writing their album until next year. Would they'd take a break from recording it to support Slayer's farewell and Download, probably? So plausible.

It could happen, I hope it happens, but it's far from guaranteed. 

Metallica were rumoured to be doing stadiums next year. This has been reinforced by Volbeat saying that they are doing the stadiums as support. Mustaine has been on record recently saying it's very unlikely there will ever be a big 4 again as Lars is "scared" to play on the same bill as Megadeth. All stuff I've read this week but don't have links for. I don't think it will happen. I was convinced that Metallica were nailed on but obviously not. Looks like a stadium run followed by festivals a la GnR.

9 hours ago, devilman said:

Metallica were rumoured to be doing stadiums next year. This has been reinforced by Volbeat saying that they are doing the stadiums as support. Mustaine has been on record recently saying it's very unlikely there will ever be a big 4 again as Lars is "scared" to play on the same bill as Megadeth. All stuff I've read this week but don't have links for. I don't think it will happen. I was convinced that Metallica were nailed on but obviously not. Looks like a stadium run followed by festivals a la GnR.

hm i quess it makes sense and we have to wait and see. if not metallica who would you suggest for headliners next year?

33 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Why has it got to be Metallica? Could be Pearl Jam or Foo Fighters - both on tour and both bands he's been trying to book for years!

Yes, both bands that have been avoiding playing Download UK for years.

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rammstein’s album is going to be out by the end of the year so I think that puts them firmly in the frame unless they decide to hit up a big arena tour.

Yeah, more chance of a Rammstein album than a new Slipknot album by this time next year. Between them, BMTH and Queen+AL I think it would be varied but popular enough.

Sets up a 2020 of Metallica, Maiden and Slipknot though. That's possibly a bit too big.

29 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Why has it got to be Metallica? Could be Pearl Jam or Foo Fighters - both on tour and both bands he's been trying to book for years!

Well Download have missed Foos on this album cycle and I don't see it being Pearl Jam either. I'd be kinda surprised if they're still doing European festivals in summer 2020. Metallica were a front-runner for 2019 and with the news of a stadium tour seemingly scuppering their chances I think 2020 is a solid bet.

I think 2019 will be Rammstein and Iron Maiden. Really unsure of the last. Muse are still working on their 8th album aren't they?

2 minutes ago, MattysMilk said:

I doubt it will be Rammstein they will be doing an arena tour at the start of next year if they are releasing an album just saying

Seems that the last album came with an arena tour and then Sonisphere that summer. Don't see why it'd be any different for Download. Feels more appropriate than Maiden anyroad, given that they'll be coming off two arena tours and no new album.