Download 2019

Steve1000

Bring Me The Horizon / Deftones / The Offspring / Killswitch Engage / Creeper

Ghost / Behemoth / Alestorm

Glassjaw

Iron Maiden / Five Finger Death Punch / Halestorm / The Distillers / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

All Time Low / Don Broco / Pennywise

Of Mice & Men

Rammstein / Limp Bizkit / Lamb Of God / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps

ZZ Top / Gojira / Underøath

The All-American Rejects

Edited by Steve1000

Rammstein and Maiden in the same year again would be taking the piss. And I think they’d have more oldie acts on the main stage, as much as you loathe them.

But aside from that it seems about right. Offspring will probably tour late summer, however.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Rammstein and Maiden in the same year again would be taking the piss. And I think they’d have more oldie acts on the main stage, as much as you loathe them.

But aside from that it seems about right. Offspring will probably tour late summer, however.

For sure, but I certainly wouldn't put it past Copping, and I'd much prefer that over Kiss tbh. 

And yeah I thought that, I just don't know enough of the Planet Rock types to include them, so gave up after ZZ Top. Forgot about Priest actually, swap em for Bizkit.

12 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

For sure, but I certainly wouldn't put it past Copping, and I'd much prefer that over Kiss tbh. 

And yeah I thought that, I just don't know enough of the Planet Rock types to include them, so gave up after ZZ Top. Forgot about Priest actually, swap em for Bizkit.

ad disturbed and tenacious d too mate they both working on albums this year so i can see them play at next year line up!

I've had a swap around with my prediction and ditched FFDP headlining and Ghost subbing for something more realistic. 

Bring Me The Horizon / Deftones / Trivium / Skindred 

Ghost / Behemoth 

Rammstein / Five Finger Death Punch / Lamb of God / Alice In Chains 

The Distillers / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

KISS / Judas Priest / Tenacious D / Clutch 

Papa Roach / Don Broco

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I've had a swap around with my prediction and ditched FFDP headlining and Ghost subbing for something more realistic. 

Bring Me The Horizon / Deftones / Trivium / Skindred 

Ghost / Behemoth 

Rammstein / Five Finger Death Punch / Lamb of God / Alice In Chains 

The Distillers / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

KISS / Judas Priest / Tenacious D / Clutch 

Papa Roach / Don Broco

I'm surprised at no distillers UK dates yet

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Switch AiC and one of Lamb of God or Trivium and it looks legit.

I can see them all being there. I know AIC are in Europe this year but they will have a new album next year. LoG are definitely due and I thought we would get Trivium for sure this year. 

If I had to ditch then I’d take Trivium out and have Enter Shikari in their place and Killswitch Engage in place of AIC. 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I can see them all being there. I know AIC are in Europe this year but they will have a new album next year. LoG are definitely due and I thought we would get Trivium for sure this year. 

If I had to ditch then I’d take Trivium out and have Enter Shikari in their place and Killswitch Engage in place of AIC. 

I think he means swap the positions around.

Decided to redo/expand my old one. Switched NIN from a potential main stage headliner to second stage headliner 1) because they're playing the second stage of other European fests this year, 2) I've finally come to terms with the fact that NIN ain't ever headlining a massive UK fest like Download, and between 2nd Stage headliner and subbing, I think the band are more likely to take 2nd stage headliner to have their full stage show and 3) have it be an A7X/Offspring type situation where a new headliner has a strong 2nd stage headliner there in case things go pear shaped. Also, The Cure are still headlining the Sunday because I can't let it go. I know it's a long shot, so just imagine Iron Maiden are there instead if it makes it better. (not being sarcastic, the realist in me thinks it'll be Maiden) I was also torn between Slayer and Trivium headlining the Sunday 2nd Stage, but I think Slayer will do Bloodstock instead so their last ever UK show will be headlining a festival, so I put Trivium there instead.

dl2019.PNG

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

30 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Decided to redo/expand my old one. Switched NIN from a potential main stage headliner to second stage headliner 1) because they're playing the second stage of other European fests this year, 2) I've finally come to terms with the fact that NIN ain't ever headlining a massive UK fest like Download, and between 2nd Stage headliner and subbing, I think the band are more likely to take 2nd stage headliner to have their full stage show and 3) have it be an A7X/Offspring type situation where a new headliner has a strong 2nd stage headliner there in case things go pear shaped. Also, The Cure are still headlining the Sunday because I can't let it go. I know it's a long shot, so just imagine Iron Maiden are there instead if it makes it better. (not being sarcastic, the realist in me thinks it'll be Maiden) I was also torn between Slayer and Trivium headlining the Sunday 2nd Stage, but I think Slayer will do Bloodstock instead so their last ever UK show will be headlining a festival, so I put Trivium there instead.

dl2019.PNG

Bloody hell these clashes. I'd deffo be there though.

A few bands I think are playing too low, and a handful I don't think would play at all tbh.

NIN headlining Download doesn't seem like a long shot. They won't headline other massive UK festivals but neither will System of a Down or Rammstein. The line up will never be that good though - a Download where Weezer would be missed for a Sleep/Neurosis double duty with no regrets just ain't realistic. :lol: But yeah it's gonna be much shitter than that.

Which leads me to the point that Slash MKTC have been announced for the "Louder than Life"(!!!!) festival in Kentucky late this year so I think that's the beginning of their tour which will surely go thru Donington or RMF.  Also NIN are headlining despite their former aversion to rock festivals - maybe Trent is swallowing his pride on this one.

55 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Would agree in my opinion but when look at that arena tour they're doing. Avenged Sevenfold headlined the first time from less.

Yeah I do get the reasons behind it. See I think LG, MEN and Wembley Arena is bigger than Cardiff Motorpoint, Notts Motorpoint and Wembley with those other smaller venues, they are only tiny at like 2,2k at the most....not even Manchester Apollo. Even Cardiff is only 7.5k. You can fit both motorpoints and warehouse Manchester gigs I side 1 MEN gig...not that simple due to seating/standing and the decision to give A7X the push that year wasn't a great one as shown by the sales but nah I'd say 3rd max. They've gone for one's like Cardiff that don't have many venues for artists and it sells out quickly for most acts that play it. Copping has a history of wacking bands too high but I think sub for then is too far