// Slash ft. MKTC - Dropkick Murphys
/// Converge

Rammstein - Deftones - Rancid - Papa Roach
// Pendulum - Don Broco
/// Twin Atlantic

KISS - ZZ Top - Tenacious D - Cheap Trick
// The Distillers - Billy Talent
/// Skindred

Bloody hell that Sunday's rubbish. Who are Cheap Trick? 

I'd have thought they would've got Converge this year if they wanted, and Skindred are better as a main stage party band, but yeah seems realistic.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:11 AM, dentalplan said:

Bring Me the Horizon - Five Finger Death Punch - Architects - Lamb of God
// Slash ft. MKTC - Dropkick Murphys
/// Converge

Rammstein - Deftones - Rancid - Papa Roach
// Pendulum - Don Broco
/// Twin Atlantic

KISS - ZZ Top - Tenacious D - Cheap Trick
// The Distillers - Billy Talent
/// Skindred

That would be great overall. 

I can’t see Architects being around. They have said time and time again they aren’t putting any sort of time frame on a new album and they haven’t really had much time off so I’m not expecting it. It would be a lovely surprise though. 

Rancid I don’t see happening either. They’ve been in Europe the last couple of summers but haven’t been picked up. 

Tenacious D is a scary thought considering they’re active again. If they were to play I think headlining second would suit them best. 

BMTH I’m starting to come around to a lot more. Andy said they had a firm offer out for 2019 last year and if the stories are to be believed that they bumped BMTH before then I could imagine it being them. 

The Metallica stadium stuff is interesting. I think that would put them out of the running at DL. 

I’m conceding defeat on the FFDP headlining next year. It should happen but what you said the other day about it being bad business makes sense really. I think they will sub. 

I’m going away to work on my own prediction :P 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

That would be great overall. 

I can’t see Architects being around. They have said time and time again they aren’t putting any sort of time frame on a new album and they haven’t really had much time off so I’m not expecting it. It would be a lovely surprise though. 

Rancid I don’t see happening either. They’ve been in Europe the last couple of summers but haven’t been picked up. 

Tenacious D is a scary thought considering they’re active again. If they were to play I think headlining second would suit them best. 

BMTH I’m starting to come around to a lot more. Andy said they had a firm offer out for 2019 last year and if the stories are to be believed that they bumped BMTH before then I could imagine it being them. 

The Metallica stadium stuff is interesting. I think that would put them out of the running at DL. 

I’m conceding defeat on the FFDP headlining next year. It should happen but what you said the other day about it being bad business makes sense really. I think they will sub. 

I’m going away to work on my own prediction :P 

Admittedly I kinda engineered it into something that'd work out well for me. :P You may noticed I left out Ghost and Gojira, who I could see being Metallica's stadium tour supports.

I don't mind Tenacious D. Would be fun for an early evening set. Watching them at headliner time would be bad though.

I'm not really that clued up on Architects so just chucked them in as a large act that younger folk would enjoy, as the rest of my line up was quite old - they wouldn't necessarily need a new album to play but I guess if they're unlikely to be touring then that's that. Also I thought Rancid would be the kind of unexpected tour that happens a bit like AFI last year but it's just a shot in the dark.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Admittedly I kinda engineered it into something that'd work out well for me. :P You may noticed I left out Ghost and Gojira, who I could see being Metallica's stadium tour supports.

I don't mind Tenacious D. Would be fun for an early evening set. Watching them at headliner time would be bad though.

I'm not really that clued up on Architects so just chucked them in as a large act that younger folk would enjoy, as the rest of my line up was quite old - they wouldn't necessarily need a new album to play but I guess if they're unlikely to be touring then that's that. Also I thought Rancid would be the kind of unexpected tour that happens a bit like AFI last year but it's just a shot in the dark.

Good shouts with Ghost and Gojira. I think Gojira would be very likely to support Metallica. Ghost not so much. Ghost are on the verge of something amazing so I think they will be playing super high spots at European festivals next year. 

Architects will need a new album to play. By the time of the 2019 festival,  AOGHAU will be 3 years old. 

43 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Good shouts with Ghost and Gojira. I think Gojira would be very likely to support Metallica. Ghost not so much. Ghost are on the verge of something amazing so I think they will be playing super high spots at European festivals next year. 

Architects will need a new album to play. By the time of the 2019 festival,  AOGHAU will be 3 years old. 

I don't think the slots will be that big that they'd reject the opportunity to support a massive continental tour. Maybe Mastodon instead of them anyway - it's usually some combination of the three following Metallica around. Or Babymetal.

Again, not that clued up on Architects but it just seems like they haven't played on this album so it doesn't appear to be an obstacle. But yeah they could be easily replaced on the line up.

Additionally, I think Queen & Adam Lambert are a better shout than KISS right now for a classic Sunday act but I keep forgetting about them. So next time I do a prediction, if somebody could remind me that'd be cool. :P

Edited by dentalplan

Hmmm, my predictions...

Friday: 

Rammstein (been 3 years since they last played) // Five Finger Death Punch (New album imbound, they keep getting bigger, love them or hate them (I Love them) you have to admit they draw in a crowd) // Judas Priest (recently had a new album out, personally I don't believe they're big enough for the headline slot, they recently headlined Bloodstock so I believe 3rd is an accurate spot for them, although they subbed in 2015 so Priest and Death Punch could be swapped around imo)  // Saxon (I would love it if Saxon played, just recently released a new album, and it would make a good little metal lineup for the Friday)

Saturday:

Metallica (All but confirmed at this point, they are even touring the UK at the time of Download, it's inevitable and I cannot wait!) // Slayer (Although I'm seeing them in November for their "farewell tour" I really believe they'll come back one more time for Download and would love to see the Big 4 play together! I boosted Slayer to sub as it will be their final Download appearance and I believe due to that they will be boosted to sub) // Megadeth (will have been 3 years since they last played) // Anthrax  (if the other 3 return, I believe Anthrax are sure to follow, plus it has been 3 years since they last played at Download)

Sunday:

Queen + Adam Lambert (To my knowledge Queen have never played at Download and everybody loves Queen! This may just be my wishful thinking but I could really see Queen headlining!) // Tenacious D (They've recently confirmed a new movie and I assume that means new album, I can definitely see Tenacious D returning and they fit in with the more-rock-esque vibe of the Sunday at Download) // Slash ft. Myles Kennedy + The Conspirators (New album just announced, I could see a UK tour lining up with Download, I think this one is very likely), // Status Quo  (nuff said.)

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised by about half of those names appearing in the top 4 across the three days but it'd be alienating a lot of the youth.

In two minds about Slayer now, they've got a big old tour laid out in front of them that would certainly fit their ending but it also has no explicit 'last UK shows' thing. But I do think the chances of any more 'Big 4' shows are gone now.

Q+AL is definitely a headliner I can see happening. They're not afraid to play the heavy rock festivals and would be a big draw. Would have to be a watered down undercard for that day, like the one above.

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

KoRn / Deftones co-headline has been mentioned by Copping before on either TNM or Jasta’s podcast. I think that’d go down a storm at Download. 

Guess it'd be a novel way for those two acts to finally get their headline slots after floating in the sub/third positions for years and years. I mean, it'd 100% be obvious it was done for lack of other available headliners, but it wouldn't be a bad thing either if they fancied going down the co-headliner route. 

2 minutes ago, antros23 said:

rammstein-judas priest-five finger death punch-papa roach

slipknot-nightwish-limp bizkit-godsmack

metallica-disturbed--slash feat myles kenedy-tenacious d

Love this lineup but doubt it will happen. Slash is busy with G'N'R. Mike's Kennedy might be there but on his own. The rest seem pretty good guess. But with Corey sill byisy with stone sour I doubt the Slipknot album will be ready so they might not decide to tour/play. But depends, I would love to see all these bands.

1 hour ago, Brian19 said:

Love this lineup but doubt it will happen. Slash is busy with G'N'R. Mike's Kennedy might be there but on his own. The rest seem pretty good guess. But with Corey sill byisy with stone sour I doubt the Slipknot album will be ready so they might not decide to tour/play. But depends, I would love to see all these bands.

The new Slash album has been years in the making and is apparently out this year so he's a safe bet to be touring next summer. Could end up at Ramblin Man however.

Slipknot less so. They've given 2019 as a target release but I think, given that Stone Sour have been touring quite a lot as you say, it's probably late-2019 looking at a 2020 Download return.

33 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

They won't last another 3 album cycles. 2 at best imo. Will never even sell out Brixton imo. 

I completely get why you think that, I just disagree. Guess we will have to wait and see. 

KoRn are touring Follow The Leader in America this autumn in America. I just really want to see them headline Download. 

23 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The new Slash album has been years in the making and is apparently out this year so he's a safe bet to be touring next summer. Could end up at Ramblin Man however.

Slipknot less so. They've given 2019 as a target release but I think, given that Stone Sour have been touring quite a lot as you say, it's probably late-2019 looking at a 2020 Download return.

i know slipknot is like my hope for next year. if they cant make it i will swap them with bon jovi or kiss

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Who would you like to see as future headliners? Who do you think deserves the push to headliner status at Download? 

Honestly not too sure, Deftones would be amazing right, they headlined a tour that played the Wembly arena the same place as SOADs "wake up the souls" tour and that was a big tour for them. Yet they still only sub at download? I don't have much faith in the English Audience anymore tbf. Hellfest pulls a better line up ever year than download and its sad the I think its the English audiences fault. 

EDIT: Looking back I feel deftones should have been pushed up at a similar time too slipknot. Also would like to QOTSA headline.

Edited by Xeph1995

On 5/15/2018 at 9:09 PM, Andre91 said:

I completely get why you think that, I just disagree. Guess we will have to wait and see. 

KoRn are touring Follow The Leader in America this autumn in America. I just really want to see them headline Download. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Who would you like to see as future headliners? Who do you think deserves the push to headliner status at Download? 

As with the Korn thing, considering they weren't even mentioned along with Parkway Drive and Architects I'd presume they aren't in this thoughts. I'd be confident they'll never be chosen to headline it and he knows fully well no other festival is going to nick them for a headline slot.

Not surprised by the mention of Fall Out Boy, already subbed and apparently bigger now than then. I see that happening soon.