Download 2019

Steve1000

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Not that high, no way. I would expect a similar slot to Jonathan Davis this year, so more like third down second stage. Even that is a stretch imo. 

Yeah realised I've probably overestimated them. Think they'd be higher than JD though, as they already have an album that people like, and obviously SOAD are bigger than Korn. Chuck em' mid main I reckon. 

Definitely hope to see them.

Had a re-think of my 2019 prediction. As much as I think FFDP should be the next band to get promoted to headline status, they’ve got another album out next month so I can see them subbing in 2019. 

Rammstein / Five Finger Death Punch / Lamb of God / Code Orange 

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls / The Distillers 

Metallica / Judas Priest / Trivium / Clutch 

Don Broco / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Tool / Deftones / Megadeth / Alice In Chains

Ghost / Gojira 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Had a re-think of my 2019 prediction. As much as I think FFDP should be the next band to get promoted to headline status, they’ve got another album out next month so I can see them subbing in 2019. 

Rammstein / Five Finger Death Punch / Lamb of God / Code Orange 

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls / The Distillers 

Metallica / Judas Priest / Trivium / Clutch 

Don Broco / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Tool / Deftones / Megadeth / Alice In Chains

Ghost / Gojira 

Ballsy move with Code Orange there.

Not 100% on FFDP headlining. I know they get huge crowds here but they're big crowds of people going to Download anyway. Like no ones gonna see them topping the bill and think "wow I can't miss that!", who doesn't already have a weekend ticket. Also their new tracks are hilariously shit and I used to be a big fan. I do think they're more likely to headline eventually than not headline though.

Edited by Steve1000

23 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Ballsy move with Code Orange there.

Not 100% on FFDP headlining. I know they get huge crowds here but they're big crowds of people going to Download anyway. Like no ones gonna see them topping the bill and think "wow I can't miss that!", who doesn't already have a weekend ticket. Also their new tracks are hilariously shit and I used to be a big fan. I do think they're more likely to headline eventually than not headline though.

I think Code Orange are the second coming and are going to just continue their already incredible rise. Marmozets are playing fourth down this year so I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch that CO could get there in time for 2019 with another album. 

FFDP are over exposed. They have been relentlessly touring and recording albums for the past decade without much downtime at all. Agreed that they will headline one day but I don’t think it’ll be as soon as 2019 anymore. Subbing 2019 seems logical. 

Edited by Andre91

Hi

I'm new to this guessing game but recently download invites bands that have released recent albums. Obviously this is not applicable to some of the older groups but my predictions would include (not separated into any days or ranked in any order):

Five Finger Death Punch (New album soon)

Slipknot (Possible new album)

Metallica or Megadeth (not both)

BMTH (Big Crowd)

Foo Fighters (Possibly Not)

Rammstein

Papa Roach

Judas Priest

The Offspring

Hollywood Undead

On 26/04/2018 at 7:53 PM, Brian19 said:

Hi

I'm new to this guessing game but recently download invites bands that have released recent albums. Obviously this is not applicable to some of the older groups but my predictions would include (not separated into any days or ranked in any order):

Five Finger Death Punch (New album soon)

Slipknot (Possible new album)

Metallica or Megadeth (not both)

BMTH (Big Crowd)

Foo Fighters (Possibly Not)

Rammstein

Papa Roach

Judas Priest

The Offspring

Hollywood Undead

Seems realistic, but why don't you think they could have Metallica and Megadeth?

Let FFDP have a crack at headlining on the Friday, Copping. 

Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica, Kiss. 

Rammstein will surely be in the mix too, though. Probably have FFDP subbing realistically. 

Rammstein / Deftones / Lamb of God / Code Orange 

The Offspring 

Metallica / Five Finger Death Punch / Trivium / Clutch 

Don Broco 

Kiss / Judas Priest / Megadeth / Alice In Chains 

Ghost 

Edited by Andre91

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Let FFDP have a crack at headlining on the Friday, Copping. 

Five Finger Death Punch, Metallica, Kiss. 

Rammstein will surely be in the mix too, though. Probably have FFDP subbing realistically. 

Rammstein / Deftones / Lamb of God / Code Orange 

The Offspring 

Metallica / Five Finger Death Punch / Trivium / Clutch 

Don Broco 

Kiss / Judas Priest / Megadeth / Alice In Chains 

Ghost 

I don't think that's a bad guess but I'm unsure Don Broco would headline it after a low Reading spot, sub it I reckon more so.

Metallica and Kiss must be stickons though, them two being two of the last bigger one's we'll say to get and it's been ages now for Metallica. Reading will have them back in the next two years as well.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think that's a bad guess but I'm unsure Don Broco would headline it after a low Reading spot, sub it I reckon more so.

Metallica and Kiss must be stickons though, them two being two of the last bigger one's we'll say to get and it's been ages now for Metallica. Reading will have them back in the next two years as well.

I don’t think R&L will have them back so soon. They’re limiting themselves to 50 shows a year now so I don’t think they will be as readily available. 

With FFDP I really do think they should be given a shot at headlining next year. They’re favourites at DL and pull headliner sized crowds as it is. They sell the most merch whenever they play by an absolute mile apparently. Alongside a couple of biggies like Metallica, Kiss or Rammstein I don’t think they’d look out of place at all. DL needs new headliners desperately and Copping needs someone else to talk about when it comes to giving bands that push other than Slipknot a decade ago and A7X. 

Edited by Andre91

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think R&L will have them back so soon. They’re limiting themselves to 50 shows a year now so I don’t think they will be as readily available. 

With FFDP I really do think they should be given a shot at headlining next year. They’re favourites at DL and pull headliner sized crowds as it is. They sell the most merch whenever they play by an absolute mile apparently. Alongside a couple of biggies like Metallica, Kiss or Rammstein I don’t think they’d look out of place at all. DL needs new headliners desperately and Copping needs someone else to talk about when it comes to giving bands that push other than Slipknot a decade ago and A7X. 

I don't know what venues FFDP do but if Rammstein and Metallica did yes bit with Kiss they are big but I don't think they've got the same stature. FFDP, Metallica and Kiss is weak imo.

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't know what venues FFDP do but if Rammstein and Metallica did yes bit with Kiss they are big but I don't think they've got the same stature. FFDP, Metallica and Kiss is weak imo.

To an extent I agree with both you and Andre91. I love FFDP but don't think they should headline. If the open for a big (bigger band) that would be sick. Since FFDP music is good to build adrenaline and build the atmosphere for a band to finish the night. IMO if FFDP opened for Slipknot that would be a sick night. but it doesn't have to be Slipknot just another big name. Also would FFDP want to headline I don't think they would but.... I cant be sure. Since Kiss were there only 3 years ago I doubt they would return for a 4th year.

Finally I wold like to say that as were losing some of the best rock music bands due to age and death etc.. Download need to find some new names. Many people wont agree with me.

On 5/6/2018 at 10:30 AM, Andre91 said:

That's bad business though. Think about it. If they're playing every two years in a non-headline slot, doing headline-sized business and the fans who would go see them headline are already there anyway; moving them up to headline would only take them off the table for the four years after and come at the expense of an act that might attract people who weren't already gonna go.

Not saying they should never headline but at least milk their fan favourite position first.

Edited by dentalplan

9 hours ago, Brian19 said:

To an extent I agree with both you and Andre91. I love FFDP but don't think they should headline. If the open for a big (bigger band) that would be sick. Since FFDP music is good to build adrenaline and build the atmosphere for a band to finish the night. IMO if FFDP opened for Slipknot that would be a sick night. but it doesn't have to be Slipknot just another big name. Also would FFDP want to headline I don't think they would but.... I cant be sure. Since Kiss were there only 3 years ago I doubt they would return for a 4th year.

Finally I wold like to say that as were losing some of the best rock music bands due to age and death etc.. Download need to find some new names. Many people wont agree with me.

I don't think they should be above sub. I don't think Tallica, Kiss and Rammstein is unrealistic for next year. Slipknot will be back most likely for 2020, I think that's all agreed and I think they'll probably have BMTH with them after they do Reading next year imo. I wouldn't be surprised of FOB for the bump up there either.

Code Orange aren't the second coming. Got a bit of buzz around them but you look at bands like them and they're not a band made to last at all imo. Bands with that sort of explosive and out spoken personalities won't go more than 3/4 album cycles or 5+ years at that level without falling out with each other or every one in the industry. 

Hi, new to the forum here, but I enjoy making horrific predictions for festivals that are inevitably false and would only appeal to me, so I thought I'd do the same here. Friday and Saturday headliners are undecided, but everything else should be OK.

Friday:

Main Stage:

• NIN/Tool/BMTH - Really, it could be any of the three here, all three (hopefully) have new albums on the Horizon (heh) but each one has something going against them. NIN's last festival experience in the UK was tumultuous to say the least, but I think that they can still be a very good draw, especially if their upcoming London show's are well received, which they probably will be. Tool say that the album is close to done, and with a new album they have this slot nailed on, but that's the thing, even with that new album being close to completion, 1. they don't like playing outside the US (although a new album could change that) and 2. It'll still probably take 12 years to come out. As for BMTH, they're almost certainly big enough by now (Tbh, they sold out 2 night's at the O2 Arena, how big do you have to be to headline) but some others here said that they could do R+L next year instead, and I think that could be the case, depending on how the album turns out. I'd actually say NIN are the most likely out of the three, but I'm usually terrible at these, so take that with a grain of salt.
  • Deftones - OK, not much to say here, they subbed last time they played and they seem to fit here. 
  • Architects - They just keep increasing in size with each tour (and deservedly so, Architects are so choice) but I still don't think they can sub just yet, but I think third down would suit them well, especially leading into Deftones and any one of the three headliners
  • Clutch - Clutch are a dependable 4th slot band, not massive, but have a large cult audience and a decent amount of songs people know for a great festival gig. Also,  they have a new album coming out.
  • Code Orange - Code Orange are the second coming, but their not headliners yet, so here they are. In all seriousness, their latest album could fit them with any of the three headliners I couldn't choose between.

2nd Stage:

• Ghost - It's time for them to step up, new album, lot's of hype, increasing fan base. This is practically a given at this point.
  • Mastodon - Before I get complaints about Mastodon not headlining 2nd stage, the band seem to be happy at the level they are now, so I think subbing 2nd is gonna be the peak of their powers as a band.
  • While She Sleeps - Had a top 10 album, but they haven't made the step up to Brixton Academy level venues just yet, so this seems like the best place for them.

3rd Stage:

• Sleep - Just released an album, big cult fanbase, massively influential band but still not that commercially successful, sound like a perfect third stage headliner to me.

Saturday:

Main Stage:

• The Cure/Rammstein - If Andy's feeling adventurous, then it could be The Cure, a massive and dedicated fanbase, hit's for days for regular punters, the 30th anniversary of Disintegration and the 40th of Three Imaginary Boys, so if it's an album show, they have 2 to choose from, there's even rumors of a new album, it would be a great headliner if it happens. If not, Rammstein are also a great choice, and if their album is done by then, it would be more likely. Both are extremely strong choices.
  • Enter Shikari - ES are pretty much established as a lower tier arena band now, so making the step up to sub is a logical fit for them. And they would fit with either headliner too, so I think they'd be an excellent choice.
  • At The Drive-In - The reasoning is simple, they've never played Download before. If they did, it would probably be third down.
  • Gojira - Some have placed Gojira as a second stage headliner, but I think 4th down is more likely. They're not playing Brixton Academy yet, so I think that is out of the question until they can headline there. However, they are headlining Bloodstock, so 4th would probably be the best fit for them.
  • Creeper - Again, they would fit with either headliner and they seem to be blowing up right now, so this would be the perfect spot for them to get some attention.

2nd Stage:

• Judas Priest - This is more for if The Cure headline, but either way, this should satisfy the trve metal contingent, and would provide a good balance for either Rammstein or The Cure, but especially for the latter.
  • Behemoth - They fit well underneath Preist and would be a good sub for them
  • At The Gates - Same as Behemoth, they fit nicely here and they have a new album out soon.

3rd Stage:

• Glassjaw - They finally have a new album out, so maybe 3rd stage headliner could be a good place for Glassjaw.

Sunday:

Main Stage:

• Big 4 (Specifically, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax) + Testament - Someone else mentioned this, and I think this seems likely, Metallica can finally headline, Slayer get's a good sendoff, and you get the draw of the Big 4.

2nd Stage:

• The Smashing Pumpkins/A Perfect Circle - Even with the "reunion," the Smashing Pumpkins will only top out here. They won't take third down, and they can't sub these days. If TSP have even a slither of a chance of playing, it will be here. If they don't accept it, APC are big enough to take the 2nd stage headliner with their recent tour announcement.
  • Jimmy Eat World - See Mastodon. They'd fit better underneath Pumpkins, but either way they would fit here.
  • The Front Bottoms - They keep growing in size, and they would be a good fit with both the Pumpkins and Jimmy.

3rd Stage:

• Of Mice And Men - Due to all the line-up craziness, this seems like the band's peak spot for Download. Besides, new album, and I think they'd go down well in the tent.
Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

Can't be arsed with At the Drive-in after their pitiful performance supporting Royal Blood. 

I'd love to see Architects headline second stage, following Parkway this year. 

And I feel as though Ghost will get a massive push from this new album, could potentially sub for Metallica or someone.  

Bring Me the Horizon - Five Finger Death Punch - Architects - Lamb of God
// Slash ft. MKTC - Dropkick Murphys
/// Converge

Rammstein - Deftones - Rancid - Papa Roach
// Pendulum - Don Broco
/// Twin Atlantic

KISS - ZZ Top - Tenacious D - Cheap Trick
// The Distillers - Billy Talent
/// Skindred

Edited by dentalplan