Radio X

bottonrob

3 hours ago, ramragon said:

Could be but recently KC have waited until around 7pm for their announcements. Admittedly they sometimes lob minor announcements out at that time. Sure whenever it is, they'll build it up big style

good use of 'lob' and 'build it up big style' there Ram....I like it!  :)  agree though can't see it being the big reveal at 8am but would be happy to be wrong as it's cheer up my commute!

I actually kind of like the drum roll or it, although the leak last year spoilt that. I think it would be great if maybe just for the headlines and 2/3 subs they announced each day every hour on the hour etc. Make a really big deal of it! Of course that doesn't work if they only have the Frank Turners/ Paul Heaton type bookings!

42 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Kendal usually plug it from days before. Wouldn't surprise me if they made an announcement on Monday saying ' tune in live at 6pm Thursday for our initial line up news'

I'd be happy with that......something.....anything! I think sitting it out last year has made me double excited to see what's what for this year...

48 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no, they might have been told the same as i was told. I was later told something else, but maybe they weren't...?

(and that's me winding you up :P)

what do you make of this that was just posted on fb?.....

To throw a complete spanner in the works, someone actually messaged me when I made a comment about the line up being released and said that ... KC were short on capital and the line up would suffer and that's the reason why the 2018 payment plan started before the 2017 festival. Those early payments went towards last year which has had a knock on effect onto this and they know that releasing the headliners is unlikely to cause a surge for tickets like last year. 

I am not posting who messaged me unless they uncover themselves as I do not know who they are, any connections they have and where they could have got such info from.

20 minutes ago, jamj said:

To throw a complete spanner in the works, someone actually messaged me when I made a comment about the line up being released and said that ... KC were short on capital and the line up would suffer and that's the reason why the 2018 payment plan started before the 2017 festival. Those early payments went towards last year which has had a knock on effect onto this and they know that releasing the headliners is unlikely to cause a surge for tickets like last year. 

I am not posting who messaged me unless they uncover themselves as I do not know who they are, any connections they have and where they could have got such info from.

As business owner myself I would be pretty miffed that was going about even if there was an element of truth in it .

ive see their accounts and they have a healthy balance sheet and a decent working capital.

I always thought ticket money was ring fenced to stop people dipping into it I may be wrong about that though .

26 minutes ago, jamj said:

Be interesting to see if they start next years payment plan as early as they did for this year. 

5 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

As business owner myself I would be pretty miffed that was going about even if there was an element of truth in it .

ive see their accounts and they have a healthy balance sheet and a decent working capital.

I always thought ticket money was ring fenced to stop people dipping into it I may be wrong about that though .

As someone who bought on the 15mth plan I'm pretty miffed too!