Sign in to follow this  
everest

Punk Rock Holiday 1.8

I've been there 5 years in a row, this summer the first time I won't be going.

BY FAR the best festival location wise and DIY-wise and laidback-wise!

By they way for those who don't get the joke from the image: Punk Rock Holiday is a no barricade festival (so stage dives allowed even with bands such as Descendents, NOFX, Bad Religion, Flogging Molly,...) 

But when The Offspring played last year suddenly there were barricades between the stage and the audience.

haha tnx for explaining the The Offspring joke:lol: I'm not into punk that much but thinking of going to the festival this year, so everest i'm going to need some suggestions which concerts to attend, once they publish the lineup. 

Hm I don't know, also don't have a ticket, waitin for lineup. But if you don't get a ticket from a beach band, I recommend you to check their official facebook event 2-3 months before festival. 

Last year prices were very low, many people were selling tickets from 30-70€, something like that.

One more band confirmed: Authority Zero

Other predictions:

Lagwagon, H2O, Hot Water Music, The Menzingers, Wisdom In Chains, Evergreen Terrace, Comeback Kid, Dog Eat Dog, Booze and Glory,  The Flatliners.

Little bit dissapointed with headliner. Bad Religion & Lagwagon are great, but Beatsteaks and Mad Caddies...

Many people are dissapointed and already sellin tickets :D so I will wait and buy ticket 2-3 months before festival 

Edited by everest

As i said before i'm not into punk that much so i'm not the right person to judge but this seems a little weak  compared to previous years right? 

Not sure of going but still, any recommendation which concert to attend at festival? 

@activean I'm lookin forward to see Bad Religion, Lagwagon, H2O, Terror, The Menzingers, Bad Cop/Bad Cop, Elvis Jackson... this is only a few bands that I like. Other bands, I don't know, didn't listen yet but I've heard for some of them. 

I'm listening metal, punk, hard rock, indie rock etc...not just punk so I don't know too many bands, maybe 20% of this lineup.

Last year was my 1st trip to Punk Rock Holiday and it was great, even if I tried few times before to go but always something  :wacko: 

Nature is beautiful, bands are givin 100%, beer only 1€ (@ camp), pretty much clean...

Thumbs up for whole crew 

Edited by everest

Yeah it's an amazing experience if the line up doesn't seem that "wow" to you, just go! You won't be dissapointed.

Camping is just a forest and camp/do what you want over there. Around noon you can have a swim in the clearest water and get over to the beach stage (a small stage where +/-300-400 people can get a god view. With a bar next to the river and the sun with mountains and trees all over the place. So the afternoon is motsly chilling out, check some small bands from all over Europe. Have some food have a bunch of cocktails.

First in the afternon there about +/- 6 bands on the beach stage. After that (from around 6 Pm) there's 6 bands on the Main Stage. So no band are playing together which is a great thing. If you don't like band you can go to the little town to a supermarket or swim or just hang out and drink beers and have fun with everyone. The atmosphere is awesome!

Had some legendary afterparies as well at the Beach Stage!

+ I would higly recommend from the bigger bands:

- The Lawrence Arms (great lyrics)

- Authority Zero (always a party they play fast punkrock but also have some reggae/ska vibes every now and then)

- Menzingers (a good mix of indie and punkrock)

- Mad Caddies (dance! dance! dance! and summervibes!)- 

- No Fun At All/Satanic Surfers (2 of the best 90s skatepunk bands)-

- This Is A Standoff (great technical skatepunk, guitarist are awesome!)

Smaller bands:

- March (the dutch Distillers)

- Skin Of Tears (NOFX, Lagwagon, Less Than Jake-ish)

- Murderburgers (poppy ramones-punk)

- Rebuke (technical skatepunk)

• Upvote 1

Hi, if anyone's still after a ticket for punk rock holiday I'm selling one. It's currently priced at £90 and will sell through eBay. Open to offers and will post to any country. 

Gutted I can't go, I'm not able to get the time off work. Its a great festival and I just want my ticket to go to good use :)

Message me if you're interested 

At the same location in few days much bigger festival is happening, organized by the same people: 

I'm going probably to both festivals since i live close to that. Anybody coming ? 

Rezultat iskanja slik za metaldays 2018