Melt Festival 2018

ishatvum

18 minutes ago, ishatvum said:

Is VIP worth it? what benefits does it give?

You can shower for free (I think, not sure about this point, because there's an additional camping plus ticket which may be included). The whole festival is well organised, so you usually don't have to wait like hours at toilets or showers at the campsite. You get an extra camping space (you can park your car at your tent), there's a special VIP shuttle between campspace and festivalsite (which is also possible to walk in like...15 min) and there's a VIP stand at the main stage. It's not in front of the stage, but on the left site where's also a tent to hide, if it's raining. So there's no FOS-VIP Area, but a left-side-of-the-stage area. But you can sit there, too, if you want.

You can find information here: http://help.meltfestival.de/customer/en/portal/articles/2608286--erklärung-zu-den-ticketarten-kategorien?b_id=8437

I would not buy this, because I like to sleep at night and the VIP-Camping area might be one of the loudest party-places there. It's also possible to walk to the normal campsite or take one of the normal non-vip-shuttles. (with some waiting time) It's nice to habe this VIP-Area near the stage, but it's not so hard to go to the first rows at this festival despite there are no barriers.

Edited by with_tired_eyes

Friends who are going to the Splash festival every year (which is usually 2 weeks before Melt at the same venue with same conditions) always take the VIP and say the benefits are very good and they would not take a "normal" ticket again. I think it just depends on personal preferences, but it definetily seems to be worth the money.

Splash is a little bit special by their audience - mostly under 20aged, gangster-alike hiphoppers. I would avoid this part of the crowd at the ordinary campspace, too. :D

Well: Because of an accreditiation I was able to use all the benefits in the past - but really did not need them.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, with_tired_eyes said:

Been there 3 times (incl. last year) - if you have some questions - just ask!

Travelling from Berlin to Dessau on the Friday morning. Would it be best to stock up on booze in Dessau, or is there a shop/supermarket within walking distance from the campsite?

48 minutes ago, Browner's Right said:

Travelling from Berlin to Dessau on the Friday morning. Would it be best to stock up on booze in Dessau, or is there a shop/supermarket within walking distance from the campsite?

First of all: If you are a group - check the Berlin/Brandenburg-Ticket. It's cheap, if you are like 3/4/5 persons and it's valid until Dessau.

There is a big supermarket directly at the railstation in Dessau and the shuttlebus to the campside starts there.

If you define "walking distance", I could help you more. There is a supermarket in the next small village, but walking distance may be 4-5 km. There's also a festival supermarket, but i would not recommend that.

1 hour ago, with_tired_eyes said:

First of all: If you are a group - check the Berlin/Brandenburg-Ticket. It's cheap, if you are like 3/4/5 persons and it's valid until Dessau.

There is a big supermarket directly at the railstation in Dessau and the shuttlebus to the campside starts there.

If you define "walking distance", I could help you more. There is a supermarket in the next small village, but walking distance may be 4-5 km. There's also a festival supermarket, but i would not recommend that.

That's very helpful information - thank you!

New Names:

Modeselektor (DJ) B2B Apparat (DJ), Little Dragon, Modeselektor (DJ), Mount Kimbie, Fischerspooner, Westbam, Adana Twins, Adriatique, Tune-Yards, Rex Orange County, Roman Flügel, Robag Wruhme, Zhu, Kali Uchis, Anna Haleta, Answer Code Request (Live), Binh, Carlos Valdes, Coely, Dana Ruh, Efdemin, HAAi, Junglepussy, Kedr Livanskiy, Kuso Gvki, Layton Giordani, La Fleur, Mirella Kroes, Or:la, Rone, Siriusmo, Tommy Cash, Victor.

Full Lineup: The xx, Florence + The Machine, Fever Ray, Tyler the Creator, Nina Kraviz, Mura Masa, Odesza, Jon Hopkins (Live), Ben Klock, Modeselektor (DJ) B2B Apparat (DJ), Cigarettes After Sex, Little Dragon, The Internet, Badbadnotgood, Princess Nokia, Modeselektor (DJ), The Black Madonna, Rin, Mount Kimbie, Alma, Fatima Yamaha, Parcels, Fischerspooner, The Blaze, Ellen Allien, Westbam, WhoMadeWho, Amelie Lens, Sevdaliza, Andhim, Adana Twins, Adriatique, George Fitzgerald (Live), Hundreds, IAMDDB, Rex Orange County, Tune-Yards, Erobique, Roman Flügel, Robag Wruhme, The Hacker pres. Amato (Live), Nastia, Honey Dijon, Zhu, Kali Uchis, Anna Haleta, Answer Code Request (Live), Antigone, Binh, Carlos Valdes, Cem, Claire Morgan, Cleveland, Coely, Cormac, DJ Seinfeld, Dana Ruh, Efdemin, Fatima Al Qadiri, Faka (Live), Gurr, HAAi, Inga Mauer, Jayda G, Jon Hester, Junglepussy, Kedr Livanskiy, Kid Simius, Kim Ann Foxman, Klee, Kuso Gvki, Layton Giordani, La Fleur, Lanark Artefax (Live), Leo Pol (Live), Lucy, Marc Miroir, Mavi Phoenix, Mirella Kroes, Moscoman, Moses Sumney, Ø [Phase] (Live), Or:la, Project Pablo, Rone, Sedef Adasi, Siriusmo, Smerz, Somewhen, Superorganism, Tijana T, Tommy Cash, Victor, Vincent Neumann, Yellow Days, Zenker Brothers.

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2018 at 2:00 PM, with_tired_eyes said:

Hi @with_tired_eyes - do you happen to know whether there is a regular shuttle bus between Dessau and the festival on the Saturday and Sunday? Or does it just run on the main arrival/departure days (Friday&Monday)? Thank you

On 6.4.2018 at 2:08 PM, Browner's Right said:

Hi @with_tired_eyes - do you happen to know whether there is a regular shuttle bus between Dessau and the festival on the Saturday and Sunday? Or does it just run on the main arrival/departure days (Friday&Monday)? Thank you

Hey,

it runs everyday. I once took this on saturday to visit the Bauhaus in Dessau during the festival. Bands usually start somewhere around 6 p.m., so you have a lot time to waste :-)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Hermione1 said:

Do you know if there is wifi/ cell reception at the festival (esp in the general camping areas)?

Yes, there are stations to charge your phone. They are a little overcrowded sometimes and - If I remember right - there's the opportunity to rent power stations (for a small amount of money). Open Wifi - not sure, was there as a journalist and used the closed wifi.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 2:00 PM, with_tired_eyes said:

Hi @with_tired_eyes - do you know how long the shuttle bus to Dessau is likely to take on the Monday morning? Specifically the first one at 6am? Do I need to book in advance or just turn up?

Cheers

On 6/29/2018 at 5:04 PM, Lubic87 said:

Hi @with_tired_eyes - do you know how long the shuttle bus to Dessau is likely to take on the Monday morning? Specifically the first one at 6am? Do I need to book in advance or just turn up?

Cheers

In the last years it wasn't possible to book in advance - just show up. But sometimes the queue is a little bit longer so you need to wait for the next one - better be there 30 min before it starts. I've read in an article that there's a specific shuttle-ticket which you can preorder at your wristband. That's only valid for the shuttle from the campsite to the festival-area I guess (which was free in the previous years) and not for the travel to dessau.

1 hour ago, with_tired_eyes said:

In the last years it wasn't possible to book in advance - just show up. But sometimes the queue is a little bit longer so you need to wait for the next one - better be there 30 min before it starts. I've read in an article that there's a specific shuttle-ticket which you can preorder at your wristband. That's only valid for the shuttle from the campsite to the festival-area I guess (which was free in the previous years) and not for the travel to dessau.

Thank you for the advice. How long is the journey to Dessau likely to take on Monday morning?