Jump to content
crazyfool1

Glastonbury evolves

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Second set of speakers at Other.

Don't have the Sunday day tickets. 

so no locals ? I can see the  benefits but those tickets go to localish people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so no locals ? I can see the  benefits but those tickets go to localish people 

I know why it’s done for the locals, but the Sunday always just seems far too overcrowded when the festival is busy enough as it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There needs to be shelter on Wednesday and Thursday before the stages all open up.  Wednesday last year was a joke for people hunting out shade in the heat.  All the covered stages were out of bounds.  ANYWHERE there was shade there were people crowding together - even the shadow of flags!  A bunch of giant temporary gazebos that could be taken down once everything's up and running would be handy if it was sunny or raining.  It doesn't help that people have potentially already queued in the sun for hours with all their stuff waiting to get in.

Edited by fowls
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fowls said:

There needs to be shelter on Wednesday and Thursday before the stages all open up.  Wednesday last year was a joke for people hunting out shade in the heat.  All the covered stages were out of bounds.  

They definitely opened some stages. We went in the acoustic tent mid afternoon.

IMG-20170625-WA0108.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be good if the pa system at the brothers bar was allowed to crank up the volume a bit on the weds / thurs.

Always has a decent mix of music on but you have to be nigh on next to the bar to hear it.

Has it got quieter over the years??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Has it got quieter over the years??

Quite possibly.

As I understand it, if Glasto didn't have to take anything else into account the Brothers Bar would be gone. Firstly it's one of the bigger litter-creators, and it also interferes with the main alcohol concessions. But of course it's a hugely popular fixture, so they've chosen to live with it and try to deal with the issues as best they can.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Second set of speakers at Other.

Don't have the Sunday day tickets. 

Even though it's much smaller, for some reason, there seems to be more of a need for repeaters at W Holts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Even though it's much smaller, for some reason, there seems to be more of a need for repeaters at W Holts.  

Not a stage I've been to very much so wouldn't have noticed. 

I just noticed this year, I was sitting back on the grass at Other on the Friday afternoon and any time a gust of wind came it took away the sound away with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ohinever said:

Karaoke stage for me. That way we could all "play" Glasto. 

Isn't there somewhere in Park on the right as you go up the hill that encourages this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone from The festival frequent these forums @eFestivals.. just wondered if they took any of these thoughts into consideration by reading some constructive feedback ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Does anyone from The festival frequent these forums @eFestivals.. 

Plenty do - including Emily sometimes - and I know that posts here have caused stuff to happen in the past.

But if there's something specific you want to get across to someone at the fest I suggest you contact them directly, as it would be a bit hit and miss (most likely miss) to try and get something across to them from a post here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eFestivals said:

Plenty do - including Emily sometimes - and I know that posts here have caused stuff to happen in the past.

But if there's something specific you want to get across to someone at the fest I suggest you contact them directly, as it would be a bit hit and miss (most likely miss) to try and get something across to them from a post here.

Thought that was the case ... thought I remember you saying this in the past ...  nothing major that needs me to contact them ... just intrigued more than anything  cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Isn't there somewhere in Park on the right as you go up the hill that encourages this?

Possibly. I haven't made it to the park for the last two years. I remember at Rewind they had a proper stage with band and everything. Was good fun, and got a fair  crowd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

They definitely opened some stages. We went in the acoustic tent mid afternoon.

IMG-20170625-WA0108.jpg

yep, loads of tents were opened on Wednesday. pretty sure they even put a post up on twitter/facebook early in the day listing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2018 at 10:36 PM, fowls said:

There needs to be shelter on Wednesday and Thursday before the stages all open up.  Wednesday last year was a joke for people hunting out shade in the heat.  All the covered stages were out of bounds.  ANYWHERE there was shade there were people crowding together - even the shadow of flags!  A bunch of giant temporary gazebos that could be taken down once everything's up and running would be handy if it was sunny or raining.  It doesn't help that people have potentially already queued in the sun for hours with all their stuff waiting to get in.

We literally spent the entire afternoon in the beat hotel just because it had easy access to drinks and it was out of the sun......that really was a scorcher! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Not a stage I've been to very much so wouldn't have noticed. 

I just noticed this year, I was sitting back on the grass at Other on the Friday afternoon and any time a gust of wind came it took away the sound away with it. 

The moral of the story is ........... Stand up ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

yep, loads of tents were opened on Wednesday. pretty sure they even put a post up on twitter/facebook early in the day listing them.

That was an absolute scorcher!

We were all half cut way too early which didn't help, and ended up in the Cornish. It was probably a little on the small side so not much ventilation,  and was packed out.

Glad it cooled off the following day, the evenings were perfect last year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 10:00 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

I know why it’s done for the locals, but the Sunday always just seems far too overcrowded when the festival is busy enough as it is. 

It's a fair point. Maybe distribute the same number of day tickets but split them across three days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

It's a fair point. Maybe distribute the same number of day tickets but split them across three days?

Doubt that'll happen. Seems that 'The Sunday Afternnon Legend Slot' is quite a thing with many of the locals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2018 at 10:00 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

I know why it’s done for the locals, but the Sunday always just seems far too overcrowded when the festival is busy enough as it is. 

I can absolutely understand .. moving around the other stage during rag and bone man last year an absolute ball ache ... not helped by a poorly timed tractor ... but im in 2 minds if it the sunday tickets or overall capacity thats the problem ... or with better ground conditions fewer people had gone home early and more were out and about ... but I guess as a local ( under the Glastonbury sunday definition ) I can't help think about friends that have benefited in the past 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×