Glastonbury evolves

Crazyfool01

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd be pretty surprised if the Earache Stage isn't back, maybe in bigger form.  Seems to have been a roaring success.

I hope so, I think eavis has been testing thr waters for heavier acts last few years with a few bookings here and there abd then last year the small stage by the truth stage. And they have gone down well. Hopefully itll carry on in 2019.

3 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I hope so, I think eavis has been testing thr waters for heavier acts last few years with a few bookings here and there abd then last year the small stage by the truth stage. And they have gone down well. Hopefully itll carry on in 2019.

I doubt bookings down that side of the festival have got much to do with Eavis any more.

But I agree it's time for more heavy acts: specifically Def Leppard.

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

So anyone not into electronic music should just go to bed early is that what your saying? Lol 

Sure. Or take something in away from listening to music. They have rock music programmed from breakfast thru til midnight. After that, try something different or catch some z’s.

You don’t see Steve D’n’B moaning that Arcadia doesn’t start early enough. He’s in bed until 4pm because that fits with his side of the festival.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I feel like rock/pop fans get the run of the daytime stages so giving way to house, D’n’B, and so on at a certain time makes sense. Plus you know if there was one rock place, it’d probably get too crowded and not be worth the effort.

There's never too much rock. 

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd be pretty surprised if the Earache Stage isn't back, maybe in bigger form.  Seems to have been a roaring success.

It was weird seeing loads of old school 80s punks at Dead Kennedys. I'm wondering where they were hiding for the rest of the festival. 

Just now, Chinaski_ said:

It was weird seeing loads of old school 80s punks at Dead Kennedys. I'm wondering where they were hiding for the rest of the festival. 

They were just wearing fancy dress. The same class of stains wore silly wigs with headbands and brought inflatable miniature pink guitars to Metallica. The sort of thing accountants find hilarious at work parties. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Sure. Or take something in away from listening to music. They have rock music programmed from breakfast thru til midnight. After that, try something different or catch some z’s.

You don’t see Steve D’n’B moaning that Arcadia doesn’t start early enough. He’s in bed until 4pm because that fits with his side of the festival.

Cant tell if your actually being serious, theres a shit tonne of venues down in the se corner etc, why do they ALL have to play the same kind of tunes? noones trying to take your precious d&b away itd just be nice to have a few venues playing an alternative, are only electronic music fans allowed to have a nightlife? 

6 hours ago, Chinaski_ said:

I wont lie though it was a good feeling when I was waiting around for napalm death and seeing the crowd just totally change as they were near coming on to what id expect to see at somewhere like download rather then Glastonbury.......it was like `yeah....these people get it! , they know whats about to happen` im not going to have to worry about `offending` the totally unaware of the music person next to me when I go apeshit the moment the first riff kicks in. It was like a sea of metal fans came out of nowhere, the contrast with the crowd for the act before the new york brass band was quite amusing :P

52 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Cant tell if your actually being serious, theres a shit tonne of venues down in the se corner etc, why do they ALL have to play the same kind of tunes? noones trying to take your precious d&b away itd just be nice to have a few venues playing an alternative, are only electronic music fans allowed to have a nightlife? 

I have no relationship with drum'n'bass and rarely spend much time going to late-night venues specifically for the music, yet I can still accept people can have their thing at one time of day and I can have mine at another. It would be taking away from other folk because the festival is pretty packed out as it is and new venues usually come at the expense of old ones. Anyway, they're playing 'the same tunes' as much as anyone who picks up a guitar is playing 'the same tunes', just because you're not bothered about it doesn't make it all one-tone stuff.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I have no relationship with drum'n'bass and rarely spend much time going to late-night venues specifically for the music, yet I can still accept people can have their thing at one time of day and I can have mine at another. It would be taking away from other folk because the festival is pretty packed out as it is and new venues usually come at the expense of old ones. Anyway, they're playing 'the same tunes' as much as anyone who picks up a guitar is playing 'the same tunes', just because you're not bothered about it doesn't make it all one-tone stuff.

oh fucks sake, look mate I really dont care, I was just making the point (that several others have made as well btw) that it would be nice if not `all` the se corner was focused around electronic music at night.

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ideally we could start phasing out the non-metal elements of the festival and give the whole site over to:

Metal-Band-Logos.jpg

tumblr_o4mep9LA1J1rlzfreo1_500.jpg

Seriously though, giving Earache a bigger stage or just booking more metal in general would be good. Code Orange, Mastodon, Deafheaven, Ghost, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats, Converge, Deftones, Electric Wizard, Architects, Gojira, Baroness, Pallbearer would all go down well.

10 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

tumblr_o4mep9LA1J1rlzfreo1_500.jpg

Seriously though, giving Earache a bigger stage or just booking more metal in general would be good. Code Orange, Mastodon, Deafheaven, Ghost, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats, Converge, Deftones, Electric Wizard, Architects, Gojira, Baroness, Pallbearer would all go down well.

some doom/stoner rock would go down well I reckon, orange goblin, crowbar, corrosion of conformity,, monster magnet, nebula, candlemass, saint vitus, etc etc something with a lot of groove.

Edited by waterfalls212434