15 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Sorted tickets for this one. Really looking forward to it. One of the best line ups anywhere for me. Weather looks mainly dry, if a little cold. Roll on Thursday and Ezra Furman, who is brilliant live.

Yeah,  looking forward to young Ezra. Pack a hat, scarf and gloves if last year is anything to go by.

I haven't been since 2 years ago, was the site layout the same last year as it is this year? it was a lot different 2 years ago, we were camped in the bit where the family camping is now.

Whats the new one like, any tips on where to camp? Anyone know how close the festival/car park is to general camping?

Absolutely buzzin, cany believe its only a few days away now

41 minutes ago, Lucius Cashmere said:

I haven't been since 2 years ago, was the site layout the same last year as it is this year? it was a lot different 2 years ago, we were camped in the bit where the family camping is now.

Whats the new one like, any tips on where to camp? Anyone know how close the festival/car park is to general camping?

Absolutely buzzin, cany believe its only a few days away now

The camping layout is all new for this year mate. General is at the other side of the site now but the walk won`t be far compared to other festivals. Hopefully the tent is bigger and maybe further away from the main stage as there was a bit of sound bleed problems last year. The main stage was loud !

9 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

The camping layout is all new for this year mate. General is at the other side of the site now but the walk won`t be far compared to other festivals. Hopefully the tent is bigger and maybe further away from the main stage as there was a bit of sound bleed problems last year. The main stage was loud !

Ah right cool, cheers mate... be interesting to see what its like with a different lay out

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Yeah have been told about that, is that day and night? temperatures don't look much different than last year, maybe a degree warmer.

In your tent in the middle of the night it was Baltic ! Like sleeping in a igloo! Was terrible! Actually thought I had frost bite on my nose !

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Yeah have been told about that, is that day and night? temperatures don't look much different than last year, maybe a degree warmer.

Last year it was glorious during the day but Baltic at night. I’m not joking about hat, scarf, gloves :-)

Really cold for the sleeping at night. My Mrs got a few strange looks asking the van folk to fill her hot water bottle !

17 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

In your tent in the middle of the night it was Baltic ! Like sleeping in a igloo! Was terrible! Actually thought I had frost bite on my nose !

15 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Last year it was glorious during the day but Baltic at night. I’m not joking about hat, scarf, gloves ?

Really cold for the sleeping at night. My Mrs got a few strange looks asking the van folk to fill her hot water bottle !

2 tickets for sale! lol

I'll bring me long johns and drink through it hopefully.

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Anyone know when Ezra Furman is on ? I`m guessing he`ll get half an hour probably around 7pm ish ?

Thursday night is going to be cold.....but dry !

James around 9 till 10.30 do we think ?

Slightly earlier I'd have thought for Ezra. 

Think main stage starts at 5pm, so assuming that is Orielles I'd guess nearer 6.15pm for Ezra.  7.30pm for Ride. 9pm for James.

That's a total guess mind - Stage times are being released later today apparently.

46 minutes ago, 99mrbenns said:

1st time at EF's for us - can't wait.  Does anyone have any advice on what traffic/entry tends to be like on 1st day?  Would be helpful just to have an idea of how long to leave ourselves.

Cheers.

Depends on what time you plan on arriving really and where you are coming from. Usually pretty slick at moving people through the estate to the car parks though.....unless you get collared by the sniffer dogs.

10 minutes ago, dunx747 said:

Depends on what time you plan on arriving really and where you are coming from. Usually pretty slick at moving people through the estate to the car parks though.....unless you get collared by the sniffer dogs.

Cheers.  We're heading from the South up from Dumfries.  Not staying on site, so it'll just be car park and into the arena.

First time going for a group of about 12 of us. Can’t wait. 

We’re getting the shuttle bus down from Glasgow (environmentally friendly innit?) and camping with Tangerine Fields. Anyone know what the entry process is like, timescale, security etc? Planning who we want to see now the set times are out and it’s be good to have an idea of how quickly we could get in, settled and then into the arena.  

5 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

First time going for a group of about 12 of us. Can’t wait. 

We’re getting the shuttle bus down from Glasgow (environmentally friendly innit?) and camping with Tangerine Fields. Anyone know what the entry process is like, timescale, security etc? Planning who we want to see now the set times are out and it’s be good to have an idea of how quickly we could get in, settled and then into the arena.  

Was really quick last year but all change with the camping layout this year and I’m guessing more folk this year although not sold out. 

There was a full on check of all bags last year looking for glass...allegedly :-)

Not expecting any hold ups today. Schools back so tomorrow probably busier.

6 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Was really quick last year but all change with the camping layout this year and I’m guessing more folk this year although not sold out. 

There was a full on check of all bags last year looking for glass...allegedly :-)

Not expecting any hold ups today. Schools back so tomorrow probably busier.

We're in, tent up, feet up. Couldn't have been smoother and family camping is great so far.

Yes they are checking for glass. No Bluetooth speakers an all, at least not in family camping.

Bring fly repellent. Loads of midges and wasps.

Edited by DiscothequeDave