29 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Pretty special that line up .........., wasn’t considering going this year after how cold it was at night in my tent ! Mmmm decisions !

James?! Just the need the hotpots and you're sorted!  In all seriousness I am gutted I can't make that weekend otherwise would have been there for defo, crackin line up

6 minutes ago, jamj said:

James?! Just the need the hotpots and you're sorted!  In all seriousness I am gutted I can't make that weekend otherwise would have been there for defo, crackin line up

Ha ha on James ! Be good to see NG play some of the new album and also be very good to see leftfield................ leftfield would of been so much better at KC instead of run dmc !

Does anybody who has attended both Electric Fields and Festival No.6 give me a suggestion — if you have to choose one, which will you recommend to me? The lineups are in a tie for me this year. 

I attended Festival No.6 four times (including the shambolic 2016), but have never done Electric Fields. I can’t make both for financial reason.

Any comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, zzzfest said:

Does anybody who has attended both Electric Fields and Festival No.6 give me a suggestion — if you have to choose one, which will you recommend to me? The lineups are in a tie for me this year. 

I attended Festival No.6 four times (including the shambolic 2016), but have never done Electric Fields. I can’t make both for financial reason.

Any comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

i've attended neither, but on the basis of what you've just said why not give yourself the new experience rather than the repeat one? 

(just one of many ways you might decide between the two :))

Are you sure it isn't a Leftfield DJ set or the proper band live set up aka (Neil Barnes version) or is it a Paul Daley's Leftfield?  Its just that recent festival announcements in Ireland for Leftfield states that its a DJ set which is quite different from the live band set up.  I would be inclined to think it was the band if it had live in brackets next to the name.

13 hours ago, Frrrraaappp head said:

Are you sure it isn't a Leftfield DJ set or the proper band live set up aka (Neil Barnes version) or is it a Paul Daley's Leftfield?  Its just that recent festival announcements in Ireland for Leftfield states that its a DJ set which is quite different from the live band set up.  I would be inclined to think it was the band if it had live in brackets next to the name.

from the press release....

Leftfield will close the party on Saturday night with whats set to be a truly memorable live set.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think that's enough to seal the deal.

How's the organisation at this?  Any horror stories or things we need to know?

Its superb, its honestly one of the friendliest festivals I've ever been to, never had to queue long for a beer, campsite was great, musics amazing, plenty of room to move about and enjoy it and still plenty of things going on to catch yer eye... I couldn't praise the organisers enough

I don't know if they are keeping the capacity the same this year with Noel Gallagher playing, but it was only 5000 max before so it was a great crowd and there was a complete lack of absolute bams which helped

22 hours ago, Lucius Cashmere said:

Its superb, its honestly one of the friendliest festivals I've ever been to, never had to queue long for a beer, campsite was great, musics amazing, plenty of room to move about and enjoy it and still plenty of things going on to catch yer eye... I couldn't praise the organisers enough

I don't know if they are keeping the capacity the same this year with Noel Gallagher playing, but it was only 5000 max before so it was a great crowd and there was a complete lack of absolute bams which helped

There was lots of talk last year around increasing the capacity.

They could double the number of people in the arena as you say and still have room.

Hopefully.... they will improve what’s on after the headliners. Pretty much nothing happening after midnight.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone want to recommend any of the smaller acts to check out (bearing in mind the likes of Young Fathers and Ibibio SS are more my scene than the likes of Noel G)?

Avalanche Party are worth checking, bit of a Fat White Family feel to them. In all honesty though one of the greatest things about the festival is that it's such a small footprint you can easily dip in and out of any set at anytime of the day.

Never had an issue even getting in for headliners in tents and hopefully will be same this year.

• Upvote 1