What are you doing instead of Glastonbury this year?

JoBalls

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont forget those no names become big names with support from people going to see them when they start small ... and  a festival starting out will not have the clout / funding to book more well known names initially ... good luck with the venture hope your festival sells out 

Indeed.

Aired the tent today as were off to fynefest on Friday :-)

Its a small affair with mostly all unknown bands. Got an email earlier to say that they are down to their last 100 tickets.

I'm so over no Glastonbury after The Stones last week.

Jeff Beck next month and Roger Waters in July.

Also went to book Derren Brown a couple of weeks ago, went a bit mad and also booked an evening with Reginald D Hunter, Joe Wilkinson, Zoe Lyons and Andrew Maxwell for the end of July .Omid Djalili for the evening after that and Dylan Moran for November.

Would've been a few more if it weren't for work commitments.

Guess I'm pining for The Cabaret Tent.

As for the actual festival week(end) it goes (Starting from the Tuesday):

Derren Brown, Day off, Work, Work, off, off, off.

48 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I'm so over no Glastonbury after The Stones last week.

Jeff Beck next month and Roger Waters in July.

Also went to book Derren Brown a couple of weeks ago, went a bit mad and also booked an evening with Reginald D Hunter, Joe Wilkinson, Zoe Lyons and Andrew Maxwell for the end of July .Omid Djalili for the evening after that and Dylan Moran for November.

Would've been a few more if it weren't for work commitments.

Guess I'm pining for The Cabaret Tent.

As for the actual festival week(end) it goes (Starting from the Tuesday):

Derren Brown, Day off, Work, Work, off, off, off.

Saw Derren Brown few years ago - fantastic at what he does and great "banter", I'm sure you won't be disappointed! Stones for me in couple of weeks.

Edited by slash's hat
Bloody autocorrect

So far, done Neighbourhood weekender this past weekend in Warrington, saw plenty of Glasto Ts and even an amazing jacket with wristbands from previous years sewn onto the back ? just nothing that compares! Got a couple of gigs lined up for autumn and debating a day at Leeds fest too................

18 hours ago, battleborn said:

Because I come on this forum to discuss festivals I'm not interested in, not have adverts I'm not interested in rammed down my throat. If it had been posted as thread in Other festivals, I wouldn't have bothered to post that. If someone had come in here saying they were going I wouldn't have bothered posting, but to have the organiser posting a thinly vieled advert in the Glasto forum (because it's higher traffic) is a joke.

Not expecting them to book household names, but half-decent bands are generally a good starting point for a festival, not no-names. 

This thread is all about festivals other than Glastonbury.  It's 100% ON topic.  I've never seen a more appropriate promotional post.

22 hours ago, battleborn said:

I wasn't callous, I just expressed an opinion on the calibre of the festival. There's tonnes of places to promote festivals. It's also not that fair on other organisers who play by the rules and pay efests for their advertising. 

You were callous whether you intended it or not and got yourself red arrow from me as well.

If you think a post is inappropriate report it to admin, it is their livelihoods and they police it as they see fit.

Just glancing at your stats, 402 posts and -75 rating...

Just over one post in five getting downvoted. Not great.

On 29 May 2018 at 1:19 PM, slash's hat said:

Saw Derren Brown few years ago - fantastic at what he does and great "banter", I'm sure you won't be disappointed! Stones for me in couple of weeks.

Caught him on The Miracle tour. It was a good, broad overview of what he does. We got a great piece of conjuring. Always been a fan. Isn't his "banter" how he puts people under though? I think I read somewhere that this is a Greatest Hits tour.

The Stones. They're fantastic at what they do. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Definitely a Greatest Hits tour. I can't get Stones riffs out of my head. It's still sinking in.

So far, for this summer, I've got tickets for Tim Key, Bedouine, The Burning Hell and Danny Baker (although he clashes with Orbital, both in margate on the same day, one of the odder clashes I've had to face in my life) 

And End Of The Road to round it all off

Got Parklife next weekend, excellent lineup but am a bit worried about how terrible the atmosphere could/probably will be. Latitude, Bluedot and Kendall in July, Bestival and Reading in August. Only one I’m paying for out of those 5 is Latitude, volunteering for the rest apart from Bluedot where a friend has managed to sort me free tickets. Got the World Cup to get me through actual Glasto period in June!

52 minutes ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

Got Parklife next weekend, excellent lineup but am a bit worried about how terrible the atmosphere could/probably will be. Latitude, Bluedot and Kendall in July, Bestival and Reading in August. Only one I’m paying for out of those 5 is Latitude, volunteering for the rest apart from Bluedot where a friend has managed to sort me free tickets. Got the World Cup to get me through actual Glasto period in June!

It's rep is undeserved due to a particularly stabby, mud-filled festival one year (2013).  I went the year after when it was glorious sunshine and is was fine.  Not Glastonbury atmosphere, but still full of friendly, smiley people enjoying themselves.

As a day festival, it has more poseurs than Glastonbury , so they're probably a less capable of coping with the mud.  Anyway, when I went I didn't recognise the festival I'd heard about from the previous year.  It was good.

On 3/13/2018 at 11:44 AM, Display-Name said:

I've just booked myself tickets to The National at APE and The Killers in Swansea, both in June. I've got two tickets to each but no-one to go with so far. Wish me luck finding someone to bring along!

As I'm sure you're all wanting eagerly to know whether I found anyone to go with I thought I'd update you all.

Best friend has agreed join me for The National this weekend.

Boyfriend is joining me for The Killers in Swansea. Booking hotels was a nightmare, ended up in a BnB about half an hour away!

Also went to the DMA's gig at the O2 in Bristol last Monday which was a lot of fun and got to go to the Sunday of Love Saves the Day too as my boyfriend's friend pulled out after the Saturday (not his thing).

Pretty happy with the amount I've managed to fit in recently.

15 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Caught him on The Miracle tour. It was a good, broad overview of what he does. We got a great piece of conjuring. Always been a fan. Isn't his "banter" how he puts people under though? I think I read somewhere that this is a Greatest Hits tour.

The Stones. They're fantastic at what they do. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Definitely a Greatest Hits tour. I can't get Stones riffs out of my head. It's still sinking in.

Good to hear about stones, everyone has seemed positive about it. Yes if I remember rightly it's subliminal messages through his chat, and constant repetition. Love the way he is honest about it all being quite fraudulent if that makes sense. A clever mind none the less.

On 31 May 2018 at 7:08 AM, Mardy said:

and Danny Baker (although he clashes with Orbital, both in margate on the same day, one of the odder clashes I've had to face in my life)...

What? That Danny Baker? Thought his name was mud 'round these parts. I'd go with Orbital.

That's my neck(ish) of the woods that is. Bet one of them is at The Winter Gardens right? Other at Dreamland? Haven't been to Margate since The Darkness in December.

You sound like you have "no Glastonbury" well covered. Have fun.

On 5/31/2018 at 3:49 AM, MrZigster said:

Very nice demonstration of the "yes set". He's very good at it! Thanks for posting the clip, enjoyed watching it!

Edited by semmtexx

On 6/3/2018 at 2:34 AM, MrZigster said:

What? That Danny Baker? Thought his name was mud 'round these parts. I'd go with Orbital.

That's my neck(ish) of the woods that is. Bet one of them is at The Winter Gardens right? Other at Dreamland? Haven't been to Margate since The Darkness in December.

You sound like you have "no Glastonbury" well covered. Have fun.

Yeah, I think you’re almost as far South East as me :) 

(I split my time between Moscow and Deal)

Have you been to anything at the Quarterhouse in Folkestone? Seems to get some decent comedy there

In the year I intended to save some money with Glasto not being on, I've still managed to book myself lots of treats, not saved a penny and probably spent more than I usually would. Ah well.

July is a busy one with The Killers at TRNSMT, Lovebox festival, Kaleidoscope festival, Little Mix at Gateshead Stadium (guilty pleasure) & I am volunteering at Indietracks festival. Indietracks will be my first time solo at a fest and first time volunteering so I'm really excited/nervous, although I am sure there is no need as it looks the loveliest place.  

• Upvote 1

Got back from Primavera yesterday, first time there - really enjoyed it. Worst thing, by far, was getting back after the festival to the hotel. Aside from that it ticked a lot of boxes. Not sure I'll go every year just because of Glastonbury been a few weeks later (money, annual leave etc) but it's definitely well worth going to

• Upvote 1

I am just finalising our trip to the farm and sorting minibus hire today lets hope for some decent weather for a picnic on the farm ... if you see an efester in some type of fancy dress /dodgy hat on the 23rd ..dont hesitate and come and say hello would be good to meet a few more of the members on here .. im  sure a few of you will be wandering the farm around about then ... its tradition to spend my birthday on the farm so cant go against tradition can I ?!

On 6/6/2018 at 10:38 AM, crazyfool1 said:

I am just finalising our trip to the farm and sorting minibus hire today lets hope for some decent weather for a picnic on the farm ... if you see an efester in some type of fancy dress /dodgy hat on the 23rd ..dont hesitate and come and say hello would be good to meet a few more of the members on here .. im  sure a few of you will be wandering the farm around about then ... its tradition to spend my birthday on the farm so cant go against tradition can I ?!

Mrs P is away for the weekend so I'm planning on a wander round afternoon Sat 23rd....I'll look out for you!

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Mrs P is away for the weekend so I'm planning on a wander round afternoon Sat 23rd....I'll look out for you!

will look out for you too .. will be good to meet the person from one of the most famous efest threads in the time ive been on here 

• Upvote 1