What are you doing instead of Glastonbury this year?

JoBalls

A big portion of our Glastonbury group are heading to Love International festival in Croatia in June. We have wanted to do it for years but as it falls same time as Glastonbury we normally prioritise partying in Pilton. But fallow this year means we don’t have to choose. Also going to Dekmantel in Amsterdam in August

So many babies... congrats to those of you who planned so well.

I'm a +1 for the London marathon. Currently walking like a 90 year old after running 14 miles this morning..

Pretty sure I'm in for a massive life change this year. But no idea how things will turn out.

i have tickets for Y Not. I know it's not for everybody. But Libertines...

• Like 1

On 10/02/2018 at 11:51 PM, MetaKate said:

Is anyone doing All Points East? The lineup makes me want to go for sure... but its the first year for it so theres not much info

Currently going to The National date only. Might purchase a ticket for the LCD day nearer the time, if funds allow. 

Right good people, we're looking to take the boy (2 years old in May) to his first ever festival experience this Summer. Looking for recommendations that fit the following criteria....

- Decent music for us aka not Camp Bestival

- Some kiddie stuff for him to do

- One day ticket options available

Hit me up with some suggestions. Many thanks. 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Right good people, we're looking to take the boy (2 years old in May) to his first ever festival experience this Summer. Looking for recommendations that fit the following criteria....

- Decent music for us aka not Camp Bestival

- Some kiddie stuff for him to do

- One day ticket options available

Hit me up with some suggestions. Many thanks. 

I'm keeping an eye out for the OnBlackheath lineup this year with a view to taking my daughter who will be about 8 months by then. Previous lineups have been solid if not spectacular but from what I've heard it's much more of a gentrified family vibe than anything gnarly.

Plus it's walking distance from my house.

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm keeping an eye out for the OnBlackheath lineup this year with a view to taking my daughter who will be about 8 months by then. Previous lineups have been solid if not spectacular but from what I've heard it's much more of a gentrified family vibe than anything gnarly.

Went down a couple of years back. Decent beers but expensive and all in one field so easy to get a pram around.

There were picnic blanket types 10 feet from the barrier so probably perfect for what your after if the line up is decent.

Finishes really early but again that might suit you.

Belle and Sebastian were the headliner but atleast half the crowd left after James who subbed. An odd yet civilised crowd :-)

8 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Very tempted to actually visit the farm on Glastonbury weekend this year. I have gigs on the Friday & Saturday but a hangover by the Pyramid or on the hill on the Sunday sounds perfect to me.  (In the sun of course).

But... the cows...

On 2/12/2018 at 3:34 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can anyone suggest a continental festival that has a West Holts / SE Corner / Boom Towny vibe - preferably on the smaller side and on a budget airport route.

Interested to see potential suggestions here.

On 2/12/2018 at 3:44 PM, Comfy Bean said:

Went down a couple of years back. Decent beers but expensive and all in one field so easy to get a pram around.

There were picnic blanket types 10 feet from the barrier so probably perfect for what your after if the line up is decent.

Finishes really early but again that might suit you.

Belle and Sebastian were the headliner but atleast half the crowd left after James who subbed. An odd yet civilised crowd :-)

James should have headlined that year. Odd choice to finish with B&S. Squeeze got the biggest crowd of the day which surprised me.

Went in 2015 which was good and 2016 which was great. Would have gone last year but chose Bluedot instead for the line up. Blackheath is a great family festival. civilised crowd and easy to get to.  Highly recommend it.

We Love Green is an absolutely gorgeous festival which has a bunch of acts you'd find across Glasto's stages, but primarily West Holts and The Park (and probably at Boomtown). Definitely more chin stroker-y than SE Corner party vibe though. 

It also usually has some fantastic speakers, tho they're mostly in French. Being in Paris is a plus point, too. Decent night out after. 

On 12/02/2018 at 3:08 PM, Hugh Jass said:

It's a bit like like an expensive village fete. Great for small kids but nothing for the teenagers.

However, they are completely silent and have been for a while so I am guessing it's died a death. There were new promoters last year and it wasn't packed out on either day. Shame, as for all its faults it's a great location (especially for me!).