What are you doing instead of Glastonbury this year?

JoBalls

6 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Got a bit married. Went to Budapest after it. Going to Berlin on a mates stag in May. Best man at a mates wedding June. Going to Bali on honeymoon in July. Satisfying my music needs with Liam G at Finsbury, Arctics in Birmingham as well as ELO at the same venue. With a major countdown for GF tickets in October!!!

That'll do!

Went to Bali last year. You'll have a blast!

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Got a bit married. Went to Budapest after it. Going to Berlin on a mates stag in May. Best man at a mates wedding June. Going to Bali on honeymoon in July. Satisfying my music needs with Liam G at Finsbury, Arctics in Birmingham as well as ELO at the same venue. With a major countdown for GF tickets in October!!!

That'll do!

Nice flight path. 

Me and Mrs Chuckles are stewarding at Beautiful Days as well. Be nice to connect. Seems like quite a few folks are making this their summer alternative. Mrs C is stewarding at Bearded Theory and we are both also stewarding Latitude..........  It’s a new experience for both of us so looking forward to it.  No idea how it will pan out :-)

am looking forward to The National in Victoria Park as well. Having also see Arcade Fire at Manchester I feel am on a lucky year!

Morrissey at Ali Pally was a bit meh but and he is turning more and more into someone I struggle to like. But the tunes are so good......

meant to quote @funkychick2007

Edited by chuckles07

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, slash's hat said:

Wow, that is a line-up. As someone else said, if only no responsibilities (sigh)

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, DareToDibble said:

It doesn't look like it'll be that expensive. If i'm reading it right then you can buy your food/drink tokens in advance for 2.50 Euros each. Which is a lot cheaper than any festival in the UK.

Potentially drive over to save money on flights etc. I reckon it could be done for around £500 which would be fantastic value for money.

I've never been to Belgium either so that's another bonus!

Oh my goodness thats a line up, was just about to press the button on booking latitide and this one flies in left field... wow looks a good one......

10 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh my goodness thats a line up, was just about to press the button on booking latitide and this one flies in left field... wow looks a good one......

The lineup is that good that it makes me wonder why a lot of us haven't heard if it before! 

You thinking of going there instead of Latitude then??

Working as a proper grown up businessman in Japan for 3 weeks in June.  Flights, transfers, hotels etc all confirmed, booked and paid for.  Customer visits, training, seminars and trade shows currently being set-up.  On the festival weekend I'm heading south from Tokyo for a week.  It'll be 95% work and 5% play.

23 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Working as a proper grown up businessman in Japan for 3 weeks in June.  Flights, transfers, hotels etc all confirmed, booked and paid for.  Customer visits, training, seminars and trade shows currently being set-up.  On the festival weekend I'm heading south from Tokyo for a week.  It'll be 95% work and 5% play.

One of my mates was in the Far East on a business trip when I received a call from him. He said that he was drunk in a bar that was playing music, and that there were about seven or eight staff, and that he was the only customer in the bar. He went on to say that he had a question for me. The question was whether I thought he should get up and dance to the music in the bar on his own, because he felt like dancing. I informed him that it was his 'duty' to get up and dance in that bar. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, DareToDibble said:

The lineup is that good that it makes me wonder why a lot of us haven't heard if it before! 

You thinking of going there instead of Latitude then??

Yeah I did consider it, and priced it up, but one of the gang couldn;t make that weekend and didn't want to leave her behind so back to plan A and Latitude :-)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 2:13 PM, DareToDibble said:

My friends messaged me last night asking if I fancy Rock Werchter. I have to admit I've never heard of it but the lineup looks pretty strong this year! https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/

Has anyone been before?

Not been personally but the Belgians are very friendly, the festivals are super organised. Rock Werchter is purely a music festival though, no other artsy/fun things going on in the background though. 

My part time job is by the Olympic Stadium. Today after I finished my shift I sat outside the stadium with a beer with a mate and we could hear the stones clear as day.

Mick sounded great and the set list was top. Made me miss big gigs though. Feeling the Glasto hole right now

Got talked into doing Cropredy as mate is a big Al Stewart fan from back in the day. Decent line up from a "folkie" point of view to be fair. Looking forward to seeing Levelers, Kate Rusby, Afro Celt Sound System in particular.

My choice would have been Bearded Theory what with Percy playing, second choice would have been Beautiful Days especially with Vintage Trouble playing. Trying to make sure I see up and coming bands local to me as and when I can. Gigs under £20.

Next year I hit an age with a zero on the end and if I miss Glasto tickets I hope to do both BT and BD festivals as I'm going to buy extra holidays from work. Life's too short.

2 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Trying to make sure I see up and coming bands local to me as and when I can. Gigs under £20.

Aye, that's the joy of being near Brighton.  Plenty of gigs for under £20, and a fair few for sub £15.  Can't go wrong with gigs like that, never know who'll you see.

On 4/23/2018 at 4:13 PM, DareToDibble said:

My friends messaged me last night asking if I fancy Rock Werchter. I have to admit I've never heard of it but the lineup looks pretty strong this year! https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/

Has anyone been before?

Sorry Im late here, you can DM me if you got any questions, this year's about to be my 5th Werchter. 

• Upvote 1

Off to Bearded Theory on Friday, then The National in Vic Park next weekend, and possibly taking my kids to Larmer Tree Festival in July. Then roll on T-day...

Edit: How could I forget, got a Ryder Cup ticket as well! Week before T-day so that will keep my mind off it all! 

Edited by mario man

Finally going to get round to checking out a couple of local events as well this summer.  Local folk fest one day, and there's a battle of the bands event as well this year, keep meaning to go but never get round to it.