stanh

Wireless 2018

Russ, the laughing stock of the rap community, is Cardi B's replacement. Haha. Big Shaq, Raye, Majid Jordan,Sneakbo, Last Night In Paris, Davido and a couple others also announced.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, TheWaters said:

Anyone received their ticket yet?

Still not received, someone please tell me they haven't received theirs yet lmao.

3 hours ago, Shann said:

ive just recieved mine! friday and saturday 

Nice! I received my Friday ticket not long ago :)

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Nice! I received my Friday ticket not long ago :)

Woo! You excired to go?!

Set times released. Quite a few errors where it says acts are playing at the same time on the same stage. MoStack has been moved to Friday. They've cleared all the slots on Saturday while the football is on to show it on the big screen.

DJ Khaled has dropped out due to 'travel issues'....he's on his snapchat relaxing in the Tropics so that's not gone down well.

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, Drake is a pretty decent replacement tho I'd have thought...

It would have been if Drake had actually done a headline set. I thought the setlist.fm page was incomplete, but no, he really did perform just 6 songs in a 20 minute performance. Khaled fans got shafted big time.

Sounds to me like Wireless thought secretly booking Drake, because he really isn't the kind of person you can drag in at short notice, would provide enough publicity and surprise goodwill to hide them deliberately misleading their paying audience, not thinking that Khaled would be brazen about not even trying to make out he'd be there. I assume Khaled was still listed on the stage times published on Thursday?

Well Festival Republic are a fucking disgrace. Shocking stuff from them, and while getting Drake in to replace seems decent in theory the fact that he only did 20 minutes means fans essentially got a festival with no headliner at all. They should be refunding for this.

EDIT: In fact since they fucked the previous weekend up just as much, I reckon someone else should get that Finsbury Park contract.

Edited by Mash011

7 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Well Festival Republic are a fucking disgrace. Shocking stuff from them, and while getting Drake in to replace seems decent in theory the fact that he only did 20 minutes means fans essentially got a festival with no headliner at all. They should be refunding for this.

EDIT: In fact since they fucked the previous weekend up just as much, I reckon someone else should get that Finsbury Park contract.

I'd be interested to know if FR have been doing rounds of cost cutting within the organisation as I had always considered them a genuine professional outfit who organise the biggest festivals in the country. They're now looking like they can't organise anything and that its all about profiteering as much as possible giving the punters as little as possible in return. 

Drake was obviously a big coup but their record with rap acts is looking pretty poor at the moment - they must have weak connections as almost every festival they put on with rap acts ends up with at least one of the bigger names pulling out. 

I completely misread this Khaled thing, I thought it was a few days they knew he wasn’t commiting. Then I saw months, that is absolutely disgusting, they’ve must of known from the outset it wasn’t going to work instead of trying to make it work. 

30 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Drake was obviously a big coup but their record with rap acts is looking pretty poor at the moment - they must have weak connections as almost every festival they put on with rap acts ends up with at least one of the bigger names pulling out. 

Just about very festival anyone puts on with rap acts ends up with rappers pulling out or not showing up on time. It isn’t only applicable to FR. Just the way it goes really.

Knowing a headliner isn’t playing for four months (so about a month after being announced) is utterly shameful though. They need to get dragged for this one.