Fantasy Who Would Have Headlined In 2018 Thread

MrZigster

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Just thrown this together quickly, reckon it could've looked something along these lines:

Friday

Pyr: Taylor Swift // Chvrches // The Specials // David Byrne // ?? // Dave
Oth: Nine Inch Nails // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Cage the Elephant
WH: Santana
JP: The Vaccines

Saturday

Pyr: Arctic Monkeys // Queens of the Stone Age // Van Morrison // Dua Lipa // The War on Drugs // Declan McKenna
Oth: Bjork // N.E.R.D // Friendly Fires
WH: Schoolboy Q
JP: Yeah Yeah Yeahs // St. Vincent // The Horrors

Sunday

Pyr: U2 // Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds // ?? // Billy Idol // ?? // Alvvays
Oth: Bastille
WH: Orbital
JP: Jungle // ?? // Sampha
Par: King Krule

Wolf Alice would be higher IMO, next time they play they'll headline a stage. JP at worst, Other at best.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wolf Alice would be higher IMO, next time they play they'll headline a stage. JP at worst, Other at best.

JP headliner I could see, dunno about Other headliner yet. After another successful album then they could definitely be an Other headline or pyramid sub. Could even see them being future Pyramid headliners if they continue on an upwards trajectory.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

She might have promotional duties around summer 2019 when it's about to hit cinemas tho. Might mean she's not gonna be touring around that time, although I have no idea whether this is required from voice actors or not tbh.

Do I ever try to stamp on your dreams at Christmas?

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Them singing those songs in James Corden’s car?

Bit avant garde for the pyramid I think.

I like the format though, can we get Randy Newman singing the Toy Story soundtrack in a tractor with Bjork?

Edited by priest17
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Bit avant garde for the pyramid I think.

I like the format though, can we get Randy Newman singing the Toy Story soundtrack in a tractor with Bjork?

New Carpoolageddon area to be introduced next year and be mispronounced by everyone to keep @bennyhana22happy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

At risk of upsetting the diehards, and if you can believe the tabloids, the Gallaghers have kissed and made up and Oasis could be active  next year!

If they have and they are, 2019 would be a better option anyway, get a few shows under their belts first.

Edited by John the Moth
Typos

10 hours ago, John the Moth said:

At risk of upsetting the diehards, and if you can believe the tabloids, the Gallaghers have kissed and made up and Oasis could be active  next year!

If they have and they are, 2019 would be a better option anyway, get a few shows under their belts first.

They’ve both got solo commitments well into the summer so even if they have kissed and made up it’s unlikely anything would happen next year.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

coachella stuff is rolling out

surprised at no arctic monkeys (unless they are subbing). Thought they were a shoe in

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/12/sources-eminem-beyonce-and-the-weeknd-to-headline-coachella-2018/

Wonder if this means their album will be out towards the end of 2018 rather than early/middle. They're in the studio and have said it'll be out in 2018. 

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Wonder if this means their album will be out towards the end of 2018 rather than early/middle. They're in the studio and have said it'll be out in 2018. 

I’m very surprised that they aren’t headlining coachella. I know rumours are rumours but there was a lot of stuff going round about them doing it.