TRUCK 2018

UndergroundSound

50 minutes ago, Clakus said:

T-Minus 2 hours til my favourite all-time festival gets its announcement. 

Although not a huge Noel Gallagher fan I saw him headline Y Not a couple of years ago and it was a great show.

Would absolutely love it if they managed to get The Streets, don't know if I can see it happening or not.

Always thought that it'd make sense for Foals to return one day, given they played there a few times before on their way up to stardom and given that they're from Oxford and all... I'm guessing they're too big though.

I reckon Peace are a shoe-in given they've played before, suit the demographic well and are already announced for Y Not. 

Personally praying we avoid Kaisers/Reverend + The Makers/SherLOLcks etc.

noel would be brill but cant see,but never say never .streets would be more likely and good also as would foals.maybe someone like royal blood and phonics coral

Yeah I don't know what they're aiming for here. Not a lot on there that's noteworthy; personally will look forward to the Thursday night combo of Jaws + Peace as a lil Birmingham indie throwback but that's about as excited as I'm getting. Hoping Sunday night headliner is a huge pull cos they can't have spent much on the other two nights so far...

Got my ticket this morning in anticipation for a step up from last years line up...

Is most certainly a huge step down. Jake bugg, George Ezra, Circa Waves, Sub Focus are good, but are nothing compared to the likes of catfish, kodaline, wombats, libertines, vaccines, Franz Ferdinand, Sundara karma from previous years.

Second wave of acts better be bloody strong, any idea of who the last headliner will be?

I'm also still holding out for Fickle Friends to be added as they don't seem to be doing any festivals so far this year.

6 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

I know they're massive, and probably too big for Truck but imagine if Foals are the secret Sunday headliner.

Can't see it being Foals- they don't really fit in with the artists that have just been announced. 

I can see the second announcement being reasonably big to be honest, especially after the poor reaction from the first announcement. Assuming De la soul partners with Friendly Fires and Jake Bugg partners with George Ezra, we still have a Sunday Headliner AND a sub for the main stage on the Sunday to be announced.

I can see the last sub being First Aid Kit or alternatively Blossoms. Not sure who the last headliner will be though, Catfish would make sense, or alternatively The Wombats.

I'm pretty certain Fickle Friends will also be announced in the next wave, along with other usuals like Sundara Karma and Clean Cut Kid.

Obviously I don't know anything(although it has been implied to me Fickle Friends are going to be added), however I am hoping for a strong second wave of artists from Truck. For all we know, it was a tactic from the organisers to make the first announcement slightly weaker to increase publicity(as negative publicity is still publicity) and then to announce the really strong acts in the second wave.

Would be very happy if we saw First Aid Kit, Catfish/Wombats, Sundara, Blossoms and Fickle Friends added in the 2nd wave.

11 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Can't see it being Foals- they don't really fit in with the artists that have just been announced. 

I can see the second announcement being reasonably big to be honest, especially after the poor reaction from the first announcement. Assuming De la soul partners with Friendly Fires and Jake Bugg partners with George Ezra, we still have a Sunday Headliner AND a sub for the main stage on the Sunday to be announced.

I can see the last sub being First Aid Kit or alternatively Blossoms. Not sure who the last headliner will be though, Catfish would make sense, or alternatively The Wombats.

I'm pretty certain Fickle Friends will also be announced in the next wave, along with other usuals like Sundara Karma and Clean Cut Kid.

Obviously I don't know anything(although it has been implied to me Fickle Friends are going to be added), however I am hoping for a strong second wave of artists from Truck. For all we know, it was a tactic from the organisers to make the first announcement slightly weaker to increase publicity(as negative publicity is still publicity) and then to announce the really strong acts in the second wave.

Would be very happy if we saw First Aid Kit, Catfish/Wombats, Sundara, Blossoms and Fickle Friends added in the 2nd wave.

I think they'll need a much stronger Sunday headliner than any those mentioned - am thinking Noel or Stereophonics level of national recognition.

The current ticket sales are only at 30% (they were almost sold out by March last year) and there's been a noticeable lack of excitement on social media.  This week's announcement would have been great for the old Truck but after the last 3 years of expansion (particularly last year) this was underwhelming at best - even the lower down acts aren't quite as strong this time and I really think they've over estimated the pull of Friendly Fires (I'm fine with George Ezra as he's had recent success, huge play numbers, award winning etc).

The Thursday lineup also needs strengthening significantly - the idea behind having that day was to help ease congestion on the Friday, but unless there's a genuine reason for people to spend an extra £25 that won't happen. Currently I can see the bands announced for that day for a lot less.

The capacity this year is substantially bigger (18,000 compared to 13,500) so essentially they really need a name proven to sell.

Above all though, I just hope they've sorted the non-music related issues from last year.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Anyone got any further idea of who the last headliner and sub will be?

still sticking with noel gallagher for the sunday night. they keep tweeting that its the biggest headliner they've ever had. why they didn't release the name off the bat, i'm not sure, but i cant imagine they have sold many tickets from the line up so far.

54 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

still sticking with noel gallagher for the sunday night. they keep tweeting that its the biggest headliner they've ever had. why they didn't release the name off the bat, i'm not sure, but i cant imagine they have sold many tickets from the line up so far.

They've certainly said that it's one of their biggest to date...

Tramlines also has both De La Soul and Jake Bugg as subs, along with Blossoms.  it's the same weekend, and they have Stereophonics and Noel as their Friday & Saturday headliners, so there's definitely a good possibility there with those two.

don't know if the fact that Noel G has just announced another large open air gig in Oxfordshire a few weeks earlier could impact....? 

other names possible? Snow Patrol? Elbow? 

haven't looked to see what their touring commitments are this summer....

truck has shared a headliner with Tramlines since 2014 so if that continues it'll be Noel or Stereophonics.  The Oxford mail said this announcement was delayed for contractual reasons so that might be due to the Blenheim palace gig.

If it is a big act then it actually makes sense for them to hold back until they only have the more expensive tickets left. Plus it avoids getting another Kodaline style disappointing final announcement, better to get bigger as you go along than go backwards.

1 hour ago, Abingdon1 said:

truck has shared a headliner with Tramlines since 2014 so if that continues it'll be Noel or Stereophonics.  The Oxford mail said this announcement was delayed for contractual reasons so that might be due to the Blenheim palace gig.

If it is a big act then it actually makes sense for them to hold back until they only have the more expensive tickets left. Plus it avoids getting another Kodaline style disappointing final announcement, better to get bigger as you go along than go backwards.

Stereophonics & Noel Gallagher are both booked for Lollapolooza Paris the same weekend, Sat or Sun

assuming the Tramlines / Y-Not / Truck association continues, then it seems that Stereophonics are likely...

Edited by Tonybyates

11 minutes ago, Tonybyates said:

Stereophonics & Noel Gallagher are both booked for Lollapolooza Paris the same weekend, Sat or Sun

assuming the Tramlines / Y-Not / Truck association continues, then it seems that Stereophonics are likely...

That's a good spot, unless he's playing Paris earlier in the day on the Saturday and flying back to do the 10pm slot at Tramlines that day. 

Otherwise it's likely to be the phonics, although they wouldn't be the biggest headliner they've ever had as the manics were/are a bigger name.

They could of course pull off a shock and get someone else entirely instead (Liam for instance?). No one saw the George Ezra/Friendly Fires announcement coming so you never know, all we do know is that they'll have 'indie/rock fans bouncing' according to the Oxford mail ...

2 hours ago, retrokev said:

think there a big clue to sund headliner,with jake bugg playing.he may play b4 f fires but doubt it.wont be before ezra ,as wouldnt have 2 sol singers together,so sunday b4 a group. at victorious last year they played support b4 a group,that group was STEREOPHONICS

Assuming this wasn't a joke comment, I think you're reading too much into it :rofl: