Lollapalooza Paris 2018

AAlex

5 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Camping is not available so there is no campsite in Lollapalooza Paris.

Damn!  The place where it's held has already welcomed Solidays (which takes place every year since 20 years and I've been to 4 editions), and Download for its first year in 2016. Both had camping, the festival changes but earwigs stay. That's why I stated this ;)

1 hour ago, jjhoney said:

Anyone know how much merch and food/drinks roughly were last year? Trying to budget spending money as travelling round Europe for a couple of weeks after

I watched some vlogs on youtube and some of them said they allowed foods from outside to the venue. They don't allow drinks besides water and they allow water if you throwaway the caps of the bottles. They also said beers are 5 Euros and Poutine is 5 euros as well.

Rock Werchter's set times are announced and we can get some predictions from it since most of the artists are similar. Play times for most of the artists are:

Gorillaz: 90 min

The Killers: 90 min

Parov Stelar: 75 min

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds: 60 min

Stereophonics: 60 min

Kaleo: 60 min

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: 60 min

Tom Walker: 35 min

Also:

Parov Stelar plays at 21:50, Noel Gallager's HFB at 19:10, Stereophonics at 15:20, Kaleo at 15:45, BRMC at 16:40 and Tom Walker at 13:40. They will probably ask for similar hours at Lollapalooza Paris as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, charlierc said:

Literally just booked tickets to this. Hopefully it'll be good.

I haven't read any bad reviews regarding last year even though it was their first year. I only saw two major things which are the long WC lines and rainy weather for 2 days. They fixed the WC lines by adding more for the second day and according to accuweather it looks like there is %60 chance that it will rain which is not that bad for Paris. https://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/paris/623/july-weather/623?monyr=7/1/2018

• 2 weeks later...

Good good.

Still need to work out the best way of getting there from my hotel, given the place looks ages away from any vaguely nearby Paris Metro/RER stops (I booked a hotel all the way out on the other side of the city). Unless there's a bus connecting it with the city centre or something. Although there are bus stops outside judging by Google Maps, and I presume that like in London, night buses are a thing. Or taxi.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Good good.

Still need to work out the best way of getting there from my hotel, given the place looks ages away from any vaguely nearby Paris Metro/RER stops (I booked a hotel all the way out on the other side of the city). Unless there's a bus connecting it with the city centre or something. Although there are bus stops outside judging by Google Maps, and I presume that like in London, night buses are a thing. Or taxi.

Last year they had shuttle lines to several metro stops and city center. They will probably announce it several days before the festival

DFAQ9JdWsAApChM.jpg

Lollapalooza Chicago's set time durations and time slots for the artists that are also in Lollapalooza Paris

Travis Scott: 90 mins at 8:30 

Dillon Francis: 75 min at 8:30 

Excision: 60 mins at 8:45

DROELOE: 60 mins at 7:45

Dua Lipa: 60 mins at 7:30

Rezz: 60 min at 7:15

Portugal The Man: 60 mins at 6:30

Troyboi: 60 mins at 5:15

Ghastly: 60 mins at 4:45

Catfish and the Bottlemen: 60 mins at 4:30

Lil Pump: 60 mins at 3:45

Valentino Khan: 60 mins at 3:30