Lollapalooza Paris 2018

AAlex

3 hours ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

When should we be expecting a stage split/timetable? And is that all the acts announced or still more to come?

Last year they annouced it on 26th of June. You can check the predicted clashfinder  https:///m/lollafr18/?user=0d5fy3.jd

That is the final poster since day split is also made and they took out the “more to announced from the poster”

2 day tickets are sold out. Only options are one day tickets for each day. It is only 10 euros extra (80 euros each) in total compared to 150 euros 2 day pass. There are some tickets for 140 euros on ticketswap too. I guess the publicity of Lollapalooza Argentina and Chile made the tickets sold out this weekend

10 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

A bit surprised this sold out so quickly. I should probably not go with the buy a ticket off a random hobo outside of the festival method and buy a Sunday ticket while I still can. 

I think unforeseen circumstances like Lollapalooza Argentina cancelling its last day and Chile changing its schedule due to rain and bad weather made people schedule plans for Paris as well. I am very surprised how they didn't make an announcement about it though. I just bought tickets for both Saturday and Sunday. I was not planning to go on Saturday but it will be good for eliminating clashes in Mad Cool.

Sunday looks amazing. Especially is the end of Sunday goes Noel, Killers, Gorillaz on the 2 main stages. They have the side by side setup which is always amazing.

Hitting this up after Mad Cool. Few days between Madrid and Paris. Not sure what to do yet if anyone has some suggestions! 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, dave0h said:

Sunday looks amazing. Especially is the end of Sunday goes Noel, Killers, Gorillaz on the 2 main stages. They have the side by side setup which is always amazing.

Hitting this up after Mad Cool. Few days between Madrid and Paris. Not sure what to do yet if anyone has some suggestions! 

World cup final is on Sunday after Mad Cool and there's "Noches del botanico" festival going on the whole month in Madrid so there might be something you're interested in. If not, Barcelona is always a good idea to spend a couple of days and well connected to both Madrid and Paris (we're doing that before Mad Cool though and heading do the French riviera after).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dave0h said:

Also for Sunday, I also liked that every post on Facebook is about Excision on Lollapalooza Paris page. There is a very high chance that Excision will conflict with Gorillaz and a lot of people will go from the Killers to Excision which will make the stage switch from the Killers to Gorillaz much easier. The Killers always end their concert by Mr. Brightside and I don’t want to miss that while going to Stage 1 for Gorillaz early. 

I am also attending Mad Cool but coming to Paris on Thursday and going to work in between.  I know Robert Plant has a concert on Monday 23rd in Paris but nothing big in between. You can check this festival in Madrid. 

11FC183A-66E0-4FFA-A9BA-44EDCE749258.jpeg

4 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

Looking forward to Sunday as well. I’d like to be able to devote another full day to touring Paris Saturday, but being able to eliminate a few of the inevitable conflicts at Mad Cool would be nice. Kasabian is the only band I’d hate to miss. 

I know they are all predictions but according to clashfinder of Mad Cool,  Depeche Mode/Portugal the Man/Rag’N’Bone Man will all clash who are also in Lollapalooza. Kaleo will clash with Glass Animals and Kasabian will clash with Justice and Fidlar. Saturday of Lollapalooza will help a lot in those clashes. 

Mad cool’s clashfinder: https:///m/mcf18/?user=0dlavd.jw

Lollapalooza’s clashfinder: https:///m/lollafr18/?user=0dftmz.l1

Today we found out probably why Axwell^Ingrosso were taken out of the lineup. During the weekend of Lollapalooza Paris, Axwell^Ingrosso are performing at Tomorrowland on Friday and at Parookaville on Saturday. Axwell is also performing at Tomorrowland on Saturday. Swedish House Mafia just got reunited last night in Miami and it looks like they will continue their tour, so they might have a performance on Sunday at Tomorrowland as well.

Thanks for the suggestion guys!

I'll be leaving Madrid right after the festival, heading north to San Sebastian/Bilbao before heading into France. 

Now, the train from there to Paris.. If anyone has a cool suggestions on a place to stop for a day on the way up through France that'd be great. Otherwise our (me and GF) plan is to just head to Paris from Thursday-Sunday and do all the normal touristy stuff 

On 3/26/2018 at 7:11 PM, dave0h said:

Thanks for the suggestion guys!

I'll be leaving Madrid right after the festival, heading north to San Sebastian/Bilbao before heading into France. 

Now, the train from there to Paris.. If anyone has a cool suggestions on a place to stop for a day on the way up through France that'd be great. Otherwise our (me and GF) plan is to just head to Paris from Thursday-Sunday and do all the normal touristy stuff 

I would suggest taking a flight from Bilbao to any city closer to Paris and then taking the train to Paris. Flight tickets inside EU are not that expensive compared to trains if they are booked in advance. For example you can book a flight to Brussels and then take the train to Paris after visiting Brussels/Gent/Bruges for Lollapalooza.

Edited by birchtree29

45 minutes ago, TheHiddenPassenger said:

Trying to buy my ticket but for some reason my card keeps getting rejected, I'm guessing it might be something to do with the fact there's only an option to pay with credit card and I'm trying to pay with a debit card? Anyone else had this problem or know how to get around it?

Try to contact your bank about it. Ticketmaster France usually allows debit cards but your bank might see it as an fraud charge since it is from another country.

https://www.ticketmaster.fr/en/help