Lollapalooza Paris 2018

AAlex

Lollapalooza Paris confirmed to be returning yesterday on 21/22nd July. 

Line up is going to be out on Friday guessing it will be two headliners already confirmed to be around Europe in the Summer, possibly a French date for Pearl Jam? 

IMG_2118.JPG

Edited by alexlloyd

9 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Line up is going to be out on Friday guessing it will be two headliners already confirmed to be around Europe in the Summer, possibly a French date for Pearl Jam? 

IMG_2118.JPG

No chance for Pearl Jam.

I'd say Muse and Bruno Mars

On 13/12/2017 at 8:30 PM, alexlloyd said:

IMG_2118.JPG

FB_IMG_1513328485409.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't see any way this sells out, so I'd say it's almost certain there will be day tickets and they already have one-day VIP tickets. I was originally planning on doing Rock Werchter into Mad Cool, but I'm thinking I'll swap Werchter for this instead, since the Gorillaz are the main draw for me as well. Hopefully there are a few decent size names added in the final dozen names.

Did anyone check this out last year? 

Edited by ThisIsHappening

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest additions were Dua Lipa and Excision. I’m kind of regretting my decision to do Mad Cool and Lolla, instead of Mad Cool and Rock Werchter. 

Dua Lipa
Bastille
Excision
French Montana 
Lil Pump
Jess Glynne
Tom Walker 
Alma
The Inspector Cluzo
Wax Motif
Basstrick 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at doing Lolla Paris this year instead of Rock Werchter, really want to see Gorillaz and The Killers but Depeche Mode is a massive draw for me. Anyone know what the festival is like? Food/drink costs, different stages, things to do, closing acts, curfew etc? Also just noticed Axwell /\ Ingrosso were on the orginal lineup but aren't anymore.. any reason for that?

Based upon last year it looks like things run about 1 PM to midnight. It’s located a bit out of the way from central Paris and any tourist attractions. I personally am staying at Three Ducks Hostel, which is a ten minute walk from Eiffel Tower, around 15 minute ride/hour walk from the fest and has a good night life. 

Cant really speak to the fest itself. Still debating whether to get in both days, since I’ll be attending Mad Cool the week prior. 

Here's a map of last year's fest:

plan-lolla-appli-.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

Based upon last year it looks like things run about 1 PM to midnight. It’s located a bit out of the way from central Paris and any tourist attractions. I personally am staying at Three Ducks Hostel, which is a ten minute walk from Eiffel Tower, around 15 minute ride/hour walk from the fest and has a good night life. 

Cant really speak to the fest itself. Still debating whether to get in both days, since I’ll be attending Mad Cool the week prior. 

Here's a map of last year's fest:

plan-lolla-appli-.jpg

Thanks for the info, looking at the map I'm assuming the two main stages would have alternating acts whilst the other is setting up soundcheck? Otherwise the clashes I imagine would be a nightmare for the big names. 

11 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

Still debating whether to get in both days, since I’ll be attending Mad Cool the week prior. 

I am also attending Mad Cool Festival and thinking to go to this just for The Killers and Gorillaz on Sunday. Only differences between Mad Cool and this on first 2 lines on Saturday are Travis Scott, Diplo and Bastille which are not that important for me. The Killers and Gorillaz are the only headliners that I wish Mad Cool had.

Edited by birchtree29

57 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

This was last years. I only want to go for the Killers and Gorillaz on sunday. By this set times, it doesn't look like they will conflict.

01A27C9B-DFF9-4AE1-88B3-0EB774BFDDAC.jpeg

Thank you. I dont know how I misread the title, I was thinking about Pitchfork Paris and not Lollapalooza, hoping for Bon Iver and the Decemberists based on their tour. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

I am also attending Mad Cool Festival and thinking to go to this just for The Killers and Gorillaz on Sunday. Only differences between Mad Cool and this on first 2 lines on Saturday are Travis Scott, Diplo and Bastille which are not that important for me. The Killers and Gorillaz are the only headliners that I wish Mad Cool had.

I'm leaning only Sunday myself. I was thinking I could potentially eliminate a few conflicts with Mad Cool with Depeche Mode/Kasabian/Portugal. the Man, but I'll hopefully be able to hold off on tickets to this until schedules come out. 

A fest in Paris should be a good change of pace. Had never heard of Parov Stelar, but looking forward to seeing him. 

6 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

I'm leaning only Sunday myself. I was thinking I could potentially eliminate a few conflicts with Mad Cool with Depeche Mode/Kasabian/Portugal. the Man, but I'll hopefully be able to hold off on tickets to this until schedules come out. 

A fest in Paris should be a good change of pace. Had never heard of Parov Stelar, but looking forward to seeing him. 

Parov Stelar is a must watch if you haven’t heard of it yet. They are an amazing band live